Braunschweiger Potato Hash

Going to make some tomorrow (maybe) in my carbon steel skillet on induction (of course)
I going to add fresh dice jalapeno's

Made a batch for breakfast. I did substitute Ore-Ida Potatoes O'Brien with Onions & Peppers Frozen Potatoes. Ok?

Here is a big twist....

I cracked eggs added 2 tablespoons of Dukes Mayonnaise (only use Dukes) as well and beat it up.

Added some Course Ground Black Pepper as well (I have a pepper mill so I can fine tune the coarseness) Also, I have a "place" I get my peppercorns as well.
I get them from "around the world", so I got all kinds to mix and make delicious pepper combinations.

and when the Braunschweiger Potato Hash was almost done I added the eggs to the mix and cooked it up.

I did this in my 10" virgin carbon steel hand made pan I bought approximately 23 or so years ago. I could have used the 12" but I like the 10" carbon steel better.
In my opinion as having had cast iron, carbon steel is the best for cooking. Honestly my 10" carbon steel pan is my "go to pan" for every day cooking.
I also have an 8" Carbon Steel pan as well. I bought a complete set. Virgin steel. Yes, virgin USA steel as well. Not some reclaimed steel, not China steel, USA steel.
So many people are stuck on name brand like "Be Buyers" :hyper: or Le Crueset or even some "space age scientific researched cast iron":confused:.

Feel free to DM or PM me for pan recommendations. But I am going to tell you, NO CAST IRON. I don't care if it is a $5000 CAST IRON pan and guaranteed for life. No.

Forum List

Back