Reagan Was A Shitty President

I am fed up with all this revisionist history in which Reagan was the best president since George Washington. It's all bullshit folks, and here's why:

* "Trickle down economics" -- the basis for the infamous Reagan tax cuts -- was utter bullshit and did not work. At all.

* He expanded the national debt in unprecedented amounts. Yes, so have others since, but his was a Great Leap Forward.

* He and his wife relied on astrologists to help them make decisions about the country. WTF Nancy was even involved, no one knows...but to use a horoscope is inexcusable.

And my personal favorite:

* By embracing the Moral Majority, Reagan opened an era of religious lunacy in American politics, especially in the Republican Party. We are still paying for this. Pols in America have to pander to the Very Stupid to get elected...and that is almost entirely Reagan's fault.

Knock it off with the Great Communicator horseshit.

I love it when all you fucking KIDS who grew up in the Great America That Reagan's polices helped create. With out a Soviet union to worry about. Trash a President you never saw. Mommy and daddy were changing your diapers still when he left office.

You do not know SHIT other than what Liberals tell you to think about him.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
I am fed up with all this revisionist history in which Reagan was the best president since George Washington. It's all bullshit folks, and here's why:

* "Trickle down economics" -- the basis for the infamous Reagan tax cuts -- was utter bullshit and did not work. At all.

* He expanded the national debt in unprecedented amounts. Yes, so have others since, but his was a Great Leap Forward.

* He and his wife relied on astrologists to help them make decisions about the country. WTF Nancy was even involved, no one knows...but to use a horoscope is inexcusable.

* By embracing the Moral Majority, Reagan opened an era of religious lunacy in American politics, especially in the Republican Party. We are still paying for this. Pols in America have to pander to the Very Stupid to get elected...and that is almost entirely Reagan's fault.

I love it when all you fucking KIDS who grew up in the Great America That Reagan's polices helped create. With out a Soviet union to worry about. Trash a President you never saw. Mommy and daddy were changing your diapers still when he left office.

But I was a young man fresh out of college when Bonzo was first elected. I saw the manufacturing base here dry up like a weed in August, watched him run deficit spending to its unfortunate conclusion, watched as he regularly screwed working families while he coddled the rich and how he "forgot" how he sold arms to Iran while funding a bloody revolt in Nicaragua.

Bedtime for Bonzo.

OK, you're back now. Address my rebuttals, please.
Just cause her avatar is Bettie Page doesn't mean you can practice being a dom.

:razz:
Did she ask you to run interference for her?
Nope, you came too close to my kiosk. Now that I have your attention, are you happy with your cell plan? Don't you feel you deserve better service and features than you currently have? Will you sign a 10 year contract?

• Thanks
Has Cecilie1200 run away?

It's called "having a life", dumbass. You might consider trying it sometime.

Would you like to narrow it down a little and give me some sort of clue as to what you said that you feel deserves a rebuttal? I haven't seen anything from you that I thought merited a response, otherwise there'd be one, and I have no intention of going back through the thread to try to guess what it was you thought was "brilliant". At least give me a post number to work with.

• Thanks
It's called "having a life", dumbass. You might consider trying it sometime.

Would you like to narrow it down a little and give me some sort of clue as to what you said that you feel deserves a rebuttal? I haven't seen anything from you that I thought merited a response, otherwise there'd be one, and I have no intention of going back through the thread to try to guess what it was you thought was "brilliant". At least give me a post number to work with.

You could start with #278.

Just cause her avatar is Bettie Page doesn't mean you can practice being a dom.

:razz:

True. It actually means I'M the domme.
The movie 'The Notorious Bettie Page' starring the very under-valued Gretchen Mol is extremely good - seek it out.

2007_mol.jpg

poster_NotoriousBettiePagePoster.jpg

He TRIPLED the national debt.

Nuff said.

Government - Historical Debt Outstanding – Annual

OK, Miss "I only post facts" - show us the fact that Reagan was a Christian.

From his speech to the National Religious Broadcasters convention after announcing his second-term candidacy:

"Under this roof, some 4,000 of us are kindred spirits united by one burning belief: God is our Father; we are His children; together, brothers and sisters, we are one family."

From the end of the same speech:

"If the Lord is our light, our strength, and our salvation, whom shall we fear? Of whom shall we be afraid? No matter where we live, we have a promise that can make all the difference, a promise from Jesus to soothe our sorrows, heal our hearts, and drive away our fears. He promised there will never be a dark night that does not end. Our weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. He promised if our hearts are true, His love will be as sure as sunlight. And, by dying for us, Jesus showed how far our love should be ready to go: all the way."

Now, you might say, "Lots of politicians mouth religious faith to win points", and you'd be right. But there's a big difference between saying, "God bless America" to pander to voters and talking about God and Jesus the way Reagan did. Argue whether or not he was a GOOD Christian, if you must. But I think it's clear that he thought of himself as a Christian, and only God has the ability to argue that.

Frankly, it's clear that Reagan himself did not write that. That has the flowery imagery reminiscent of "shining city on the hill". Sounds like Peggy Noonan. But a minor point, since he would obviously approved the speech prior to giving it.

But the major point is that he was talking to a special interest group: The National Religious Broadcasters Convention! While running for re-election, in 1984! I'm sure that when he talked to steel workers in Pittsburgh, he was just as sincere. In fact, you can read his address to the nation and see just how passionate Ronald Reagan was about steel!

So wouldn't a normal person agree that he might be laying on a little extra Jesus when talking to TV evengelists? That's their stock and trade! He better come with his A-game, rhetorically speaking.

Let's compare that with a speech that President Obama (peace be upon him) made before a Methodist group:

OBAMA: I let Jesus Christ into my life. I learned that my sins could be redeemed and if I placed my trust in Jesus, that he could set me on a path to eternal life. When I submitted myself to his will and I dedicated myself to discovering his truth and carrying out his works, it was that newfound faith that fortified my commitment to the work I was doing in the community. Because it taught me that I could sit in church and pray all I want but I won't be fulfilling the Lord's will unless I am doing the lord's work.

Sorry, but his sounds more from the heart and more honestly personal than Reagan's pretty words.

They both sound pretty phoney to me.

Yep. Only one.

She is holding a crop or maybe a quirt.

I'm more partial to a 6 foot bull or 8 foot blacksnake.

OK, Miss "I only post facts" - show us the fact that Reagan was a Christian.

From his speech to the National Religious Broadcasters convention after announcing his second-term candidacy:

"Under this roof, some 4,000 of us are kindred spirits united by one burning belief: God is our Father; we are His children; together, brothers and sisters, we are one family."

From the end of the same speech:

"If the Lord is our light, our strength, and our salvation, whom shall we fear? Of whom shall we be afraid? No matter where we live, we have a promise that can make all the difference, a promise from Jesus to soothe our sorrows, heal our hearts, and drive away our fears. He promised there will never be a dark night that does not end. Our weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. He promised if our hearts are true, His love will be as sure as sunlight. And, by dying for us, Jesus showed how far our love should be ready to go: all the way."

Now, you might say, "Lots of politicians mouth religious faith to win points", and you'd be right. But there's a big difference between saying, "God bless America" to pander to voters and talking about God and Jesus the way Reagan did. Argue whether or not he was a GOOD Christian, if you must. But I think it's clear that he thought of himself as a Christian, and only God has the ability to argue that.

Frankly, it's clear that Reagan himself did not write that. That has the flowery imagery reminiscent of "shining city on the hill". Sounds like Peggy Noonan. But a minor point, since he would obviously approved the speech prior to giving it.

But the major point is that he was talking to a special interest group: The National Religious Broadcasters Convention! While running for re-election, in 1984! I'm sure that when he talked to steel workers in Pittsburgh, he was just as sincere. In fact, you can read his address to the nation and see just how passionate Ronald Reagan was about steel!

So wouldn't a normal person agree that he might be laying on a little extra Jesus when talking to TV evengelists? That's their stock and trade! He better come with his A-game, rhetorically speaking.

Let's compare that with a speech that President Obama (peace be upon him) made before a Methodist group:

OBAMA: I let Jesus Christ into my life. I learned that my sins could be redeemed and if I placed my trust in Jesus, that he could set me on a path to eternal life. When I submitted myself to his will and I dedicated myself to discovering his truth and carrying out his works, it was that newfound faith that fortified my commitment to the work I was doing in the community. Because it taught me that I could sit in church and pray all I want but I won't be fulfilling the Lord's will unless I am doing the lord's work.

Sorry, but his sounds more from the heart and more honestly personal than Reagan's pretty words.

Leaving alone your "totally unbiased and unprejudiced" :rolleyes: tendency to believe everything Obama says is carved-in-stone, sworn-on-religious-text-of-your-choice gospel truth and everything Reagan said was merely pandering, and your odd notions that 1) OBAMA'S speeches aren't ALSO written by paid speechwriters, and 2) that the President of the United States just goes out and reads whatever words are put in front of him with no input as to what they are, when did I ever register an opinion on whether or not Obama is a Christian? Unlike some people, I'm not looking to go to Hell for the sin of hubris, thanks very much, so I would never DREAM of trying to judge another person's soul. Actions, sure; character, you betcha; soul? Not a chance.

He TRIPLED the national debt.

Nuff said.

Government - Historical Debt Outstanding – Annual

Mind showing me where in the Constitution the PRESIDENT is given control of the national purse strings before you go declaring "nuff said", tweeko? Because I could swear it's CONGRESS that controls spending in this country, and I distinctly remember Reagan's Congress proudly declaring every budget suggestion he sent them DOA.

Yep. Only one.

She is holding a crop or maybe a quirt.

I'm more partial to a 6 foot bull or 8 foot blacksnake.

I don't usually go for the full whips, because it's rare to have that sort of space to swing in where I play. Besides, I'd have to like them a lot more than I do to put in the kind of practice time that makes them relatively safe to use. If I'm going with a single tail, I prefer a viper tongue. Otherwise, floggers are nice, ubiquitous, and come in great variety.

Leaving alone your "totally unbiased and unprejudiced" :rolleyes: tendency to believe everything Obama says is carved-in-stone, sworn-on-religious-text-of-your-choice gospel truth and everything Reagan said was merely pandering

Leaving alone your "totally unbiased and unprejudiced" :rolleyes: tendency to believe everything Reagan says is carved-in-stone, sworn-on-religious-text-of-your-choice gospel truth and everything Obama said was merely pandering...

I've heard it all before, wingnut. You're not impressive.

Leaving alone your "totally unbiased and unprejudiced" :rolleyes: tendency to believe everything Obama says is carved-in-stone, sworn-on-religious-text-of-your-choice gospel truth and everything Reagan said was merely pandering

Leaving alone your "totally unbiased and unprejudiced" :rolleyes: tendency to believe everything Reagan says is carved-in-stone, sworn-on-religious-text-of-your-choice gospel truth and everything Obama said was merely pandering...

I've heard it all before, wingnut. You're not impressive.

And you think you're leaving people gaping in awe and wonder at your desperate grasping at straws? Idiot, please.

There was very little point to your tangential meanderings about whether or not Reagan was a Christian, anyway, but your questioning has nevertheless been answered. Any more of these lame attempts at "Yes, but . . ." just for the sake of never admitting that you were wrong are just a waste of my fucking time. Get back on the topic and see if you can embarrass yourself a little less there.

Forum List

Back