Reagan/Bush Acted Without Congress To Shield Immigrants From Deportation

11058_10153379139128327_3801739087215045487_n.jpg
Dumbshit. The Emancipation Proclamation did exactly nothing.

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama's anticipated order that would shield millions of immigrants now living illegally in the U.S. from deportation is not without precedent.

Two of the last three Republican presidents — Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush — did the same thing in extending amnesty to family members who were not covered by the last major overhaul of immigration law in 1986.

There was no political explosion then comparable to the one Republicans are threatening now.

A tea party-influenced GOP is poised to erupt if and when Obama follows through on his promise. He wants to extend protection from deportation to millions of immigrant parents and spouses of U.S. citizens and permanent residents, and expand his 2-year-old program that shields immigrants brought illegally to this country as children.

"The audacity of this president to think he can completely destroy the rule of law with the stroke of a pen is unfathomable to me," said GOP Rep. Steve King of Iowa, an outspoken opponent of relaxing U.S. immigration law. "It is unconstitutional, it is cynical, and it violates the will of the American people."

Such strong feelings are common among congressional Republicans. GOP leaders warn that an executive order from Obama would "poison the well" and severely damage Republicans' willingness to work with the president during his final two years in office.

Some Republicans have even raised the possibility of impeachment.

More: Reagan, Bush Also Acted Without Congress To Shield Immigrants From Deportation

Yeah, but it's different when a black man wants to do it. It just is...somehow...

FACTS surrounding illegal immigration issue.

President Reagan, in 1986, signed the Immigration Reform and Control Act, which legalized close to 3 million undocumented immigrants.

In 1986 I voted for the Simpson-Mazzoli immigration bill because we were told it would solve the problem of massive illegal immigration. In his diaries, President Ronald Reagan said he was going to sign the bill because we had to regain control of our borders. The Simpson-Mazzoli bill contained three promises:
The government would make a concerted effort to control the borders.
An effective employer verification program would ensure that only legal workers were hired.
One-time amnesty would be granted for people illegally in the United States.
All three promises were broken. The government has made no serious effort to control our borders. Employers continue knowingly to hire illegal immigrants without any real fear of punishment.

There was no bill or going through Congress in dealing with Illegal Immigration that was signed by Obama. This president chose to use executive order INSTEAD of allowing Congress to first intact a bill on the issue.

There is NO evidence produced by the left that specifically shows President Reagan or President George H W Bush defying Congress through an executive order because Congress failed to produce a bill dealing with the issue of Illegal Immigrants.

This should put the final nail in the coffin on Lakota's thread, and Obama's use of executive order when compared to these two Republican presidents.

Last edited:
And all that led us up to this point. We get a zillion illegals and a majority of Hispanic- Spanish speakers dominating...just about everything. And we get a African American who's BLACK daddy isn't American and liberal Anglo mother birthed him lived in Hawaii (?) and grew up and was taught in a Muslim school in Indonesia. I can't relate to Obama one bit, and I bet most Americans can't or don't need to. He doesn't understand American culture. He doesn't understand the immigration issue.

Are all conservatives that uninformed? We've always had illegals.....they're not new under Obama, in case you were just recently hatched. And, Obama is not from Africa, so he's not an African American....he's probably more American than you. And, there is no question about where he was born.....it's just that most right-wingers can't handle the truth and cling to their lies (birthers)....and about where he attended school......let's see if we can educate you some. He attended a Catholic School in Jakarta, and then Besuki, a school that is run and controlled by the Dutch and only the very elite dutch colonialists and Indonesians attend.....it's a prestigious school where potential students sit on waiting lists....and you're right, you can't relate to Obama because you are so uninformed you couldn't possibly communicate with someone of his caliber. And, you're wrong, he understands people like you, that don't know much, but are so full of hate that they vote against their own interests....and he understands the immigration issue way more than you or any conservative does. It doesn't bother you one bit to rip parents away from their children because you're not only uninformed, you are also heartless.

Yes, Mertex , Conservatives really are that uniformed, or just plain old stupid. Their stupidity allows them to hate 24/7, or so they think.

Obama: Well, actually, my position hasn’t changed. When I was talking to the advocates, their interest was in me, through executive action, duplicating the legislation that was stalled in Congress. And getting a comprehensive deal of the sort that is in the Senate legislation, for example, does extend beyond my legal authorities. There are certain things I cannot do. There are certain limits to what falls within the realm of prosecutorial discretion in terms of how we apply existing immigration laws.

Can the mods please consolidate all these useless fucking, "Reagan Amnesty" threads into one useless, irrelevant thread?

they should just be deleted because they're fucking lies to begin with

I love it how RWNJs, the really batshit crazy ones, just like you, run around and scream and holler all the time, but when you see something you don't like, you scream like little babies for mommy nanny state censorship of people. True to your fascist roots, I see, oh staph infection. Carry on... let's roll!!!!

Obama:Well, I think it is important to remind everybody that, as I said I think previously, and I’m not a king. I am the head of the executive branch of government. I’m required to follow the law. And that’s what we’ve done. But what I’ve also said is, let’s make sure that we’re applying the law in a way that takes into account people’s humanity. That’s the reason that we moved forward on deferred action. Within the confines of the law we said, we have some discretion in terms of how we apply this law. The same is true with respect to the kinds of the length of time that people have to spend outside of the country when their spouses are already here for example.

Yes, but a Republican wrote that EO, so it's ok. Oh, and he wasn't black, either. That's what RWNJs really mean, the little pussies.

:thup:

The Proclamation was based on the president's constitutional authority as commander in chief of the armed forces; it was not a law passed by Congress.

NEXT!

Nothing Will Come of Something

Obama, like some treacherous Jacobean villain, has had the nerve to make decisions while the Congress was out on a well-earned vacation for six weeks from doing nothing for over six years.

Thank you, Mr. President - for doing something.

Obama:Well, look Jacky, this is something that I’ve struggled with throughout my presidency. The problem is that, you know, I’m the president of the United States. I’m not the emperor of the United States. My job is to execute laws that are passed, and Congress right now has not changed what I consider to be a broken immigration system.

And all that led us up to this point. We get a zillion illegals and a majority of Hispanic- Spanish speakers dominating...just about everything. And we get a African American who's BLACK daddy isn't American and liberal Anglo mother birthed him lived in Hawaii (?) and grew up and was taught in a Muslim school in Indonesia. I can't relate to Obama one bit, and I bet most Americans can't or don't need to. He doesn't understand American culture. He doesn't understand the immigration issue.

Are all conservatives that uninformed? We've always had illegals.....they're not new under Obama, in case you were just recently hatched. And, Obama is not from Africa, so he's not an African American....he's probably more American than you. And, there is no question about where he was born.....it's just that most right-wingers can't handle the truth and cling to their lies (birthers)....and about where he attended school......let's see if we can educate you some. He attended a Catholic School in Jakarta, and then Besuki, a school that is run and controlled by the Dutch and only the very elite dutch colonialists and Indonesians attend.....it's a prestigious school where potential students sit on waiting lists....and you're right, you can't relate to Obama because you are so uninformed you couldn't possibly communicate with someone of his caliber. And, you're wrong, he understands people like you, that don't know much, but are so full of hate that they vote against their own interests....and he understands the immigration issue way more than you or any conservative does. It doesn't bother you one bit to rip parents away from their children because you're not only uninformed, you are also heartless.

Yes, Mertex , Conservatives really are that uniformed, or just plain old stupid. Their stupidity allows them to hate 24/7, or so they think.
Not at all we just aren't as ill-informed as our Progressive friends.

What was it Reagan said? "The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so."

What was it Reagan said? "The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so."
Statistheilhitler calling anyone stupid is too ironic for words.

Dumbshit. It sure did. Well, I am gone for a couple of weeks and see that the dregs of the Universe, like you, are still here. lol...
The Emancipation Proclamation dictated law in a foreign country, you idiot. Not even obama thinks he can get away with that.
Statistheilhitler is a little dim on basic facts. OK, more than a little dim.

Right, that is why a study shows that Faux News viewers are the least informed......

Overall, the survey found that Fox was the least informative news outlet, while NPR and Sunday morning political talk shows were the most.
Survey Says Fox News Viewers Least Informed -Truthdig

Yeah, he also said this......maybe he said that during one of his naps...

"I have left orders to be awakened at any time in case of national
emergency, even if I'm in a cabinet meeting."

Dumbshit. It sure did. Well, I am gone for a couple of weeks and see that the dregs of the Universe, like you, are still here. lol...
The Emancipation Proclamation dictated law in a foreign country, you idiot. Not even obama thinks he can get away with that.

Ahhh, the fake Rabbi is braying like a goat again, I see. Louder, fake Rabbi, louder!!

Uh, what foreign country was that? If you mean the Confederacy, then you are surely jesting. The Union never recognized the Confederate States as a real entity. Try again.

Ahhh, the fake Rabbi is braying like a goat again, I see. Louder, fake Rabbi, louder!!
Are you trying to prove what an imbecile you are? We all know it. You could prove the opposite by showing wha tthe Emancipation Proclamation achieved.

Uh, what foreign country was that? If you mean the Confederacy, then you are surely jesting. The Union never recognized the Confederate States as a real entity. Try again.
And the Confederacy never recognized acts by the Union as binding on them.

Right, that is why a study shows that Faux News viewers are the least informed......

Overall, the survey found that Fox was the least informative news outlet, while NPR and Sunday morning political talk shows were the most.
Survey Says Fox News Viewers Least Informed -Truthdig

Yeah, he also said this......maybe he said that during one of his naps...

"I have left orders to be awakened at any time in case of national
emergency, even if I'm in a cabinet meeting."
Do you understand what humor is?

As far as your "survey" I call bullshit on that. What that shows is that we don't all the bullshit you progressives "learn" on MSNBC.

No one much cares whether or not the Union recognized the CSA. They were a separate entity, not bound by Lincoln's empty "proclamation"

Forum List

Back