Reagan adviser: Fox News ‘self-brainwashing’ Republicans into a radical fringe party

Conservatives did not used to be like this, they were never open minded but I do not remember them recoiling so violently from alternative views.

This is what the left does. They bastardize terms like "conservative" to the point of it meaning nothing more than people that may question or oppose progressive policies, and then put people they don't like in the "conservative" group. They then stereotype them and attack their character and call them racists, bigots, extremists, etc.

As for me, who is a "conservative", I don't even watch Fox news, nor do I care much for talking heads like Rush.

So what does that make me?
A little better than average. If you can discuss your views without being a total jackass I have no problem with you or anyone being a conservative. It's the poor tortured and fearful souls that cannot rationally defend their opinions I have a problem with.

So I'm a little better than average?

Naturally, I'm not an enlightened progressive, making me a gifted intellectual, but I guess it will have to do.

I'd take anyone over those so called, "enlightened progressive filled with nothing but hate and are SNOBS." an example of what I mean. THREADS posted like this one from garbage sites like, Rawassnonsenestory

:thup:

it's what the far left does.

Intellectually they are bankrupt, so they revert to name calling, character assassination, and delusions of superiority. Then if it all fails, they simply curse and yell so you can't talk or be heard, usually on college campuses which is kind of ironic.

Actually, the last 30 years have been dominated by pander to the greedy idiot rich Reaganist tax rates and chickenhawk idiocy, ridiculous propaganda and obstruction. see sig.

Actually, the last 30 years have been dominated by pander to the greedy idiot rich Reaganist tax rates

Reaganist tax rates were a 28% top rate.
Current rates are over 40% higher.
Only the bs rates nobody megarich pays, Pub dupe. And giant corps mostly pay nothing. Great job! While the country and the nonrich fall to pieces...

Conservatives did not used to be like this, they were never open minded but I do not remember them recoiling so violently from alternative views.

This is what the left does. They bastardize terms like "conservative" to the point of it meaning nothing more than people that may question or oppose progressive policies, and then put people they don't like in the "conservative" group. They then stereotype them and attack their character and call them racists, bigots, extremists, etc.

As for me, who is a "conservative", I don't even watch Fox news, nor do I care much for talking heads like Rush.

A little better than average. If you can discuss your views without being a total jackass I have no problem with you or anyone being a conservative. It's the poor tortured and fearful souls that cannot rationally defend their opinions I have a problem with.

Naturally, I'm not an enlightened progressive, making me a gifted intellectual, but I guess it will have to do.

I'd take anyone over those so called, "enlightened progressive filled with nothing but hate and are SNOBS." an example of what I mean. THREADS posted like this one from garbage sites like, Rawassnonsenestory

Intellectually they are bankrupt, so they revert to name calling, character assassination, and delusions of superiority. Then if it all fails, they simply curse and yell so you can't talk or be heard, usually on college campuses which is kind of ironic.
Sure, hater dupe. The only hate I see on the left is for the lies and hate your tiny mind has been filled with. See sig, last line. Memorize the rest. Your heroes are screwing you all the way to the bank.

This video is an illustration of the duopoly that Fox News and the rest of the media play.

They both support Progressives in both parties. Ron Paul, however, was virtually ignored by both Fox News and the other news outlets.

My feeling about Ron Paul have nothing to do with the fact that he was ignored, even when coming in second in races across the country.

Another example is when Obama wanted to take out Assad. Both Fox news and the other news outlets played video of WMD's used by Assad to try to get Americans to support the war. But alas, all the power of the media was not enough to sway people to support Obama to take out Assad. It was really wonderful to behold. If Obama had, then ISIS would be in full control of Syria, just like they control Libya today.

Ex-Reagan adviser: Fox News is ‘self-brainwashing’ Republicans into a radical fringe party

In his paper “How Fox News Changed American Media and Political Dynamics” published earlier this month, Bartlett theorized that watching the network was essentially “self-brainwashing” for viewers, making them believe that the United States was a more conservative nation than it actually was. And so the Republican Party had responded by running radical conservatives that representative Fox News viewers, but not the true state of the electorate.

“Many conservatives live in a bubble where they watch only Fox News on television, they listen only to conservative talk radio — Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, many of the same people,” Bartlett told CNN’s Brian Stelter on Sunday. “When they go onto the Internet, they look at conservative websites like National Review, Newsmax, World Net Daily.”

Great line from the Simpsons - Fox News, Not Racist, but #1 with racists.

= What is so racist about speaking out against Margaret Sanger?
- What is so racist about facilitating black kids to go to better schools despite the protests from the NEA?
- What is so racist about the concept of personal accountability?
- What is so racist to think that a person can authenticate himself or herself to vote the same way they need to get into the DNC Convention?
- What is so racist about holding Latinos accountable for entering a country illegally the same way Mexico and other Latin American Countries do?
- What is so racist about pleading with the community not to burn down stores that serve their community?

Actually, the last 30 years have been dominated by pander to the greedy idiot rich Reaganist tax rates and chickenhawk idiocy, ridiculous propaganda and obstruction. see sig.

Actually, the last 30 years have been dominated by pander to the greedy idiot rich Reaganist tax rates

"The far left" is usually on the winning side of ballot measures lately, so I wouldn't call that intellectually bankrupt.

And the people you're describing remind me a lot of the people on Fox News, especially Bill O'reilly.

Sure, hater dupe. The only hate I see on the left is for the lies and hate your tiny mind has been filled with. See sig, last line. Memorize the rest. Your heroes are screwing you all the way to the bank.

Go Hate other people who don't think like you some more.

Yeah it's insane and Fox News makes it a lot worse. They literally paint anyone who might have a different opinion than them as a unamerican terrorist. It's ridiculous.
Fear always sells and they sell it to the hilt. Meanwhile real courage is rejected as worthless librul propaganda. Tell these people to quit letting the TV scare them and they just cannot conceive it.

Only the bs rates nobody megarich pays, Pub dupe. And giant corps mostly pay nothing. Great job! While the country and the nonrich fall to pieces...

Only the megarich paid Reagan's 28%?
Only the megarich pay Obama's 39.6%?

My friends out here all all racist Foxbots or ditto silent majority. Great people except for their ignorance. Can you read, hater dupe?

They pay 27% in ALL taxes and fees. Same as people like you. Then there's the old rich and hedge funders paying 0% on capital gains. Reaganists have put in so many loopholes for the superrich and giant corps it's ridiculous, and theyALL blame the poor. MORE brainwashed GOP a-holes...

They pay 27% in ALL taxes and fees. Same as people like you. Then there's the old rich and hedge funders paying 0% on capital gains. Reaganists have put in so many loopholes for the superrich and giant corps it's ridiculous, and theyALL blame the poor. MORE brainwashed GOP a-holes...

How many times should we tax a dollar earned?

My friends out here all all racist Foxbots or ditto silent majority. Great people except for their ignorance. Can you read, hater dupe?

You lost us at "all all", dupe.

They pay 27% in ALL taxes and fees.

Why are you whining about all taxes and fees?
Reagan wasn't in charge of all taxes and fees.

Then there's the old rich and hedge funders paying 0% on capital gains.

Rich people and hedge funders don't pay 0% on capital gains.

Reaganists have put in so many loopholes for the superrich and giant corps it's ridiculous

Reagan eliminated loopholes when he cut the top rate to 28%.
If there are too many loopholes, perhaps they were added in the last 28 years?

and theyALL blame the poor.

Someone blames the poor for loopholes?
Well that's franco level stupidity right there.

Fox News isn't any worse than MSNBC.
The right has their talking points resources, the left has their talking point resources.
That's reality.
I wish people wouldn't frequent these resources, it leads to less than stellar factual information.
MSNBC is a whisper compared to the Fox News megaphone, liberals do not need a daily booster shot of bullshit to reconfirm their political beliefs. We do not need anyone to tell us how to feel, what to be outraged over or what the official party version of the truth happens to be today. There is no equivalency between the two.

Forum List

Back