Reagan adviser: Fox News ‘self-brainwashing’ Republicans into a radical fringe party

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago
Ex-Reagan adviser: Fox News is ‘self-brainwashing’ Republicans into a radical fringe party

In his paper “How Fox News Changed American Media and Political Dynamics” published earlier this month, Bartlett theorized that watching the network was essentially “self-brainwashing” for viewers, making them believe that the United States was a more conservative nation than it actually was. And so the Republican Party had responded by running radical conservatives that representative Fox News viewers, but not the true state of the electorate.

“Many conservatives live in a bubble where they watch only Fox News on television, they listen only to conservative talk radio — Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, many of the same people,” Bartlett told CNN’s Brian Stelter on Sunday. “When they go onto the Internet, they look at conservative websites like National Review, Newsmax, World Net Daily.”

Great line from the Simpsons - Fox News, Not Racist, but #1 with racists.

Conservatives did not used to be like this, they were never open minded but I do not remember them recoiling so violently from alternative views.

Yep. Conservatives have learned to properly purge less radical elements from our environment.
Not all conservatives are as fucked in the head as you are, please refrain from speaking for them.

Ex-Reagan adviser: Fox News is ‘self-brainwashing’ Republicans into a radical fringe party

In his paper “How Fox News Changed American Media and Political Dynamics” published earlier this month, Bartlett theorized that watching the network was essentially “self-brainwashing” for viewers, making them believe that the United States was a more conservative nation than it actually was. And so the Republican Party had responded by running radical conservatives that representative Fox News viewers, but not the true state of the electorate.

“Many conservatives live in a bubble where they watch only Fox News on television, they listen only to conservative talk radio — Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, many of the same people,” Bartlett told CNN’s Brian Stelter on Sunday. “When they go onto the Internet, they look at conservative websites like National Review, Newsmax, World Net Daily.”

einsplash.jpg

Conservatives did not used to be like this, they were never open minded but I do not remember them recoiling so violently from alternative views.

This is what the left does. They bastardize terms like "conservative" to the point of it meaning nothing more than people that may question or oppose progressive policies, and then put people they don't like in the "conservative" group. They then stereotype them and attack their character and call them racists, bigots, extremists, etc.

As for me, who is a "conservative", I don't even watch Fox news, nor do I care much for talking heads like Rush.

So what does that make me?

This is what the left does. They bastardize terms like "conservative" to the point of it meaning nothing more than people that may question or oppose progressive policies, and then put people they don't like in the "conservative" group. They then stereotype them and attack their character and call them racists, bigots, extremists, etc.

As for me, who is a "conservative", I don't even watch Fox news, nor do I care much for talking heads like Rush.

A "maverick"?

sarah_palin_you_betcha_mug.jpg

Oh wait, or is it "rogue"? So many terms for these independent thinkers who just happen to come up with the same echoes at the same time, I can't keep up.

If they keep being so fringy and radical, they'll never hold majorities in the House or Senate...wait...what?

A little better than average. If you can discuss your views without being a total jackass I have no problem with you or anyone being a conservative. It's the poor tortured and fearful souls that cannot rationally defend their opinions I have a problem with.

awww, how cute. if they want to see brainwashed and fringe out in la la land, they can come here and see the leftwing sheep/tools for the Democrat party. it's BAAAAAAAAD baaad baad

and this came off a website called, RAW garbage story...lol

LEFT WING HATE SITES folks. this is what we (civilized people in the country) is up against. nothing but UGLY HATE

It was so much easier when the lying lowlife scum left twisted and distorted the news spinning a narrative for Democrats. Now that the people have access to sources like Fox and others that rub the libs noses in their lies and failures what happened? Yes Democrats have had their asses handed to them in multiple national elections. Boo hoo cry me a river.

awww, how cute. if they want to see brainwashed and fringe out in la la land, they can come here and see the leftwing sheep/tools for the Democrat party. it's BAAAAAAAAD baaad baad

and this came off a website called, RAW garbage story...lol

LEFT WING HATE SITES folks. this is what we (civilized people in the country) is up against. nothing but UGLY HATE
You aren't civilized, you are human only by biology. Don't kid yourself, ISIS has better morals than you.

And the whole point of Fox was for a reactionary propaganda outlet, exactly what it is.

Forum List

Back