Ready For New Stiff Spine In Foreign Policy???

"What's Trump going to do? Bring ISIS fighters onto a reality TV Show and fire Nerf Rockets at them."

Trump will tell the folks of ISIS: "YER FIRED!"...and they will shake in their boots!

C1W-vk7UUAEtZos.jpg

"Mad Dog is an inspired selection by President Trump. He'll restore the warrior ethos, banish PC, & easily defeat Islam" - Lyin Ted

C1hAeLwWIAIcXd3.jpg

Kinda torn on this one. I don't support more wars, but i don't support 'Apology Tour' farces either. Trump should not follow Obama's lead on the 'Apology Tour' shite.

from The Hill:

The fighting began, according to the report, when Mattis learned through the news media that Trump had selected Vincent Viola, a billionaire Army veteran, to become Army secretary.

“Mattis was furious,” a source told the Post. “It made him suspicious of the transition team, and things devolved from there.”

Mattis has swatted down the transition team's picks for undersecretary of Defense for intelligence and is unlikely to accept a leader of Trump's transition team, Mira Ricardel, a former Bush Pentagon appointee, for a top job.

all the Senators like Mad Dog except Dopey Gillibrand!

Senator Mike Lee (R-UT) “His stellar record as a Marine speaks for itself but I was particularly impressed with his intellect and strong commitment to safeguarding our nation’s vital interests and supporting service-members and their families.” (Sen. Mike Lee, Instagram, 1/3/17)

Senator Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) “I was impressed by General Mattis’ comments on a number of specific issues that I raised with him — including cybersecurity, Russian aggression, veterans’ healthcare and other benefits, and sexual assault in the military.’’ (Daniela Altimari, “Blumenthal Meets with Gen. Mattis, Trump Pick for Defense Secretary,” Hartford Courant, 1/3/17)

Senator Joni Ernst (R-IA) “There is no question that he [General Mattis] has served as an extraordinary leader in our military in the United States Marine Corps, and as the former Commander of U.S. Central Command and coauthor of the Counterinsurgency Field Manual.” (Press Release, “Ernst Meets with Secretary of Defense Nominee General James Mattis,” Office of Sen. Joni Ernst, 1/3/17)

Senator Mike Rounds (R-SD) “Gen. Mattis understands the need to wisely invest more in our defense and has a keen geostrategic awareness that is crucial to rebuilding our armed forces. I look forward to working with him to provide our armed forces with the tools they need to succeed and keep us safe.” (Press Release, “Rounds Statement on meeting with General James Mattis,” Office of Sen. Mike Rounds, 1/5/17)

Senator Dan Sullivan (R-AK) “It’s not every day that I get to have another Marine Corps infantry officer in my office discussing national security issues…I look forward to General Mattis’s swift confirmation so that he may begin his work restoring the focus of our nation’s military on their primary mission…” (Press Release, “Sullivan Meets with Secretary of Defense Designee General Mattis,” Office of Dan Sullivan, 1/5/17)

Senator Tom Cotton (R-AR) “General James Mattis is a revered Marine, among the most dedicated and patriotic of his generation…Under General Mattis, I’m confident a new era is upon us. His concern is for the lethality and the safety of our military forces, who risk their lives on our behalf. I share these concerns, and believe General Mattis is the right person for the job. I look forward to supporting his nomination.” (Press Release, “Cotton Meets with Secretary of Defense Nominee General James Mattis,” Office of Tom Cotton, 1/5/17)

Senator Jack Reed (D-RI) “General Mattis is an extraordinarily accomplished Marine officer of great intellect. His selfless service to the nation has made a lasting contribution.” (Kirstin Downey, “What Would ‘Mad Dog’ Mattis Mean For Military-Heavy Hawaii?” Honolulu Civil Beat, 1/6/17)

"The outspoken Mattis is “considered a deity by many troops and veterans,” according to the Marine Corps Times. He has conflicting nicknames —“Mad Dog,” because of the ferocity of his language and actions, and “Warrior Monk,” for his thoughtful approach to warfare."

“As he has throughout the many years I have known him, (Mattis) has demonstrated exceptional command of the issues confronting the United States, the Department of Defense, and our military service members,” McCain said in a statement Dec. 7. “I am confident he will make an excellent Secretary of Defense, and I will continue to offer my full support throughout the confirmation process to ensure that he can get to work on behalf of our nation and our service members as soon as possible.”

“The president-elect’s impulsive, ill-informed and dangerous ideas on America’s military and national security strategy have always been gravely concerning,” said House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi in a statement. “The decision to order Americans into combat requires the most serious and somber judgement. … As secretary of defense, General Mattis will have the immense responsibility of improving President Trump’s judgment as Commander-in-Chief.”

"Mattis has already had some influence on Trump’s thinking. On the campaign trail, Trump endorsed torture as a way to obtain information from enemies. Mattis has repeatedly said he opposes torture.

The two men discussed the issue when they met at Trump’s golf course in New Jersey. Trump said Mattis told him that he could get better cooperation from terror suspects by giving them “a pack of cigarettes and a couple of beers.”

“I was very impressed by that answer,” Trump told reporters."

Tired of a President who bows to other potentates???

Check this out:
"Trump has chosen retired Marine Gen. James Mattis for secretary of defense
....James N. Mattis to be secretary of defense, according to people familiar with the decision, nominating a former senior military officer who led operations across the Middle East to run the Pentagon less than four years after he hung up his uniform."
Trump has chosen retired Marine Gen. James Mattis for secretary of defense

A bit of insight into who this man is:
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."
One of the rules Maj. Gen. James Mattis gave his Marines to live by in Iraq, as quoted in Fiasco: The American Military Adventure in Iraq (2006) by Thomas E. Ricks; as excerpted in Armed Forces Journal (August 2006)

The enemies of America: beware.

No one more than the Germans, Japan, Saudi Arabia, people of syria, Israel, Estonia/Latvia/Lithuania/Georgia/Ukraine, and about 150 other countries who despise iran, russia, china, and hezbollah.

"the most successful war seldom pays for its losses. war is not a game of geopolitical chess. war involves the hands and fingers and feet and lives of our most precious resource: our young. i will not and cannot see our soldiers as meaningless pawns in a pissing match over power. political fortune cannot trump the blood of our youth!" - Mad Dog

"the primary characteristic of America's greatness is without hesitation our courage. nowhere is courage embodied more than in the hearts of the fine men in our armed forces." - Mad Dog

Tired of a President who bows to other potentates???

Check this out:
"Trump has chosen retired Marine Gen. James Mattis for secretary of defense
....James N. Mattis to be secretary of defense, according to people familiar with the decision, nominating a former senior military officer who led operations across the Middle East to run the Pentagon less than four years after he hung up his uniform."
Trump has chosen retired Marine Gen. James Mattis for secretary of defense

A bit of insight into who this man is:
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."
One of the rules Maj. Gen. James Mattis gave his Marines to live by in Iraq, as quoted in Fiasco: The American Military Adventure in Iraq (2006) by Thomas E. Ricks; as excerpted in Armed Forces Journal (August 2006)

The enemies of America: beware.

Trump hasn't even given Mattis the respect of letting Mattis choose his own people.

Who has Trump listened to??

So far, it's Putin.

And, he's POed that the American people learned what's going on from NBC, so he wants our own guys investigated - NOT Russia!!!

We've got a cheap and arrogant tweeter in charge - what's not for our enemies to love?

Forum List

Back