Ready For New Stiff Spine In Foreign Policy???

Tired of a President who bows to other potentates???

Check this out:
"Trump has chosen retired Marine Gen. James Mattis for secretary of defense
....James N. Mattis to be secretary of defense, according to people familiar with the decision, nominating a former senior military officer who led operations across the Middle East to run the Pentagon less than four years after he hung up his uniform."
Trump has chosen retired Marine Gen. James Mattis for secretary of defense

A bit of insight into who this man is:
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."
One of the rules Maj. Gen. James Mattis gave his Marines to live by in Iraq, as quoted in Fiasco: The American Military Adventure in Iraq (2006) by Thomas E. Ricks; as excerpted in Armed Forces Journal (August 2006)

The enemies of America: beware.

No one more than the Germans, Japan, Saudi Arabia, people of syria, Israel, Estonia/Latvia/Lithuania/Georgia/Ukraine, and about 150 other countries who despise iran, russia, china, and hezbollah.

What???

C1rmPwRVQAEYUsA.jpg

Ahemmmm.....

The President, with the Secretary of State develops foreign policy, NOT the Secretary of Defense?

The ONLY forces fighting ISIS in Syria are: Syrian Army, Russia, Kurds, Iraq & Iran. Those are the facts, do with them what you must.

The ONLY forces fighting ISIS in Syria are: Syrian Army, Russia, Kurds, Iraq & Iran. Those are the facts, do with them what you must.
The US military has been quite active vs ISIS in Syria.

The Syrian army has been focused on slaughtering civilians to keep Assad in power, starting back when Bush was president and put him on our regime change list in 2001.

And, you are misjudging Mattis and ISIS by a lot. This isn't WWII.

“My belief is we have to stay focused on a military so lethal that on a battlefield it will be an enemy’s longest day and worst day when they run into that force. … My concern is with the readiness of the force.” Gen. James Mattis

Good Lord! When’s the last time you heard a general talk like that? Norman Schwarzkopf? Alexander Haig? William Westmoreland? Maybe George Patton. Gen. James Mattis faced his Senate inquisitors this week – and ran right over them.

the era of political generals is OVER!

“My belief is we have to stay focused on a military so lethal that on a battlefield it will be an enemy’s longest day and worst day when they run into that force. … My concern is with the readiness of the force.” Gen. James Mattis

Good Lord! When’s the last time you heard a general talk like that? Norman Schwarzkopf? Alexander Haig? William Westmoreland? Maybe George Patton. Gen. James Mattis faced his Senate inquisitors this week – and ran right over them.

the era of political generals is OVER!
That has not been a question for decades.

The questions have been when to deploy ground forces and, far more importantly, what to do after that.

Iraq, Afg, Libya, Syria - nobody doubts our military might.

But, there is LOTS of concern on what comes next.

Forum List

Back