Reading Writing and Planned Parenthood...

No, I do not approve PP speaking to underage children... That is the parents responsibility... The same goes for tax funded schools... Not their job...

Those are very traditional values ... something that worked well 100 years ago ... back when 16-year-old mothers was more of the norm, divorce was uncommon and children were sent to work at 13 (or younger) ... and just about everybody went to church on Sunday ...

That was then, this is now ...

If parents were being responsible ... then we wouldn't need PP's services for underage children ... boys would get their condoms at home and girls would have IUD's implanted ... schools would be glad to be able to drop sex ed classes, personal finance classes, career planning classes ... but there's no laws requiring parents to do this, and too many don't ... too many are working and aren't there for their kids ...

If you recall, it was the AIDS epidemic that started all this ... and the conservative attitude of "just let them die, they deserve it" ... these same progressives who thought 100 years ago that 12-year-old girls shouldn't be allowed to be prostitutes stepped in and advanced condom use when underage children had sex ... good luck getting the boy's parents to be responsible for the girl's abortion or child support, ad good luck getting the kids to tell their parents they have the clap ...

My main issue is you've painted with far too wide a paint brush ... each individual community should decide this for themselves ... if the parents want PP coming in and talking to their kids, who are you to say "no"? ...

I also want to hear your opinion of the boys being able to stay in school, graduate and maybe go on to college ... whereas the girls have to drop out and never have an opportunity to better themselves ... we can't impose abortions, so do you agree the father should be made to get a full time job and pay the girl $500 - $800 a month for twenty years? ... there actually are laws about this already, they just aren't enforced, the boys get away scot-free ...

Forum List

Back