Read it if you dare.

If we've moved to the far right then why do we keep getting people like McCain and Romney as our candidates?

Our party is a reflection of the voters that put them in office.

DAVID FRUM: We Republicans Have Completely Lost Touch With Reality

My thoughts on this?

He seems to be very correct, the republican party is a mere shade of its former self, and has moved from right of center to extreme right.

What caused this?

IN OTHER WORDS WHERE HAVE THE ESTABLISHMENT REPUBS GONE?

The ones that rolled over on Dem demands at beck and call.

Hopefully those days are over. As a labeled terrorist. They are no where close to far right.

If we've moved to the far right then why do we keep getting people like McCain and Romney as our candidates?

Political deal making. The fact that the wealth is concentrated in very few hands and they can do whatever they want now with little regard to the publics wishes.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

We were pulled very hard to the left after Obama was elected so an equal push back from the right is nothing to be surprised by.

Political deal making. The fact that the wealth is concentrated in very few hands and they can do whatever they want now with little regard to the publics wishes.

And the result of thinking and acting that was was the 2010 midterms. The peoples voice WAS heard.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

We were pulled very hard to the left after Obama was elected so an equal push back from the right is nothing to be surprised by.

Obama is actually considered center more than he is considered left.

No extreme left president would extend tax cuts?

And the result of thinking and acting that was was the 2010 midterms. The peoples voice WAS heard.

The problem is they have failed to accomplish anything tangible.

are you so sure? look at what Ohio just did with the collective bargaining.

You so totally blew my mind with this.
When I voted for Mc Cain I walked out of the booth as if I just had a colonoscopy.
I hated to do it but had no other choice...it had to be done.

:(

The actual column;

David Frum on the GOP’s Lost Sense of Reality -- New York Magazine

I’ve been a Republican all my adult life. I have worked on the editorial page of The Wall Street Journal, at Forbes magazine, at the Manhattan and American Enterprise Institutes, as a speechwriter in the George W. Bush administration. I believe in free markets, low taxes, reasonable regulation, and limited government. I voted for John *McCain in 2008, and I have strongly criticized the major policy decisions of the Obama administration. But as I contemplate my party and my movement in 2011, I see things I simply cannot support.

Last edited:

The problem is they have failed to accomplish anything tangible.

They accomplished exactly what we voted them in to do. Stop the run away spending.

Beyond that it takes two to make forward progress.

are you so sure? look at what Ohio just did with the collective bargaining.

Not to be rude but I don't give a shit about politics in Ohio. I'm not bound by their laws.

Forum List

Back