Rapist of 11-year-old girl beaten by guards in prison

you wrote "And it's my opinion that it's the judges duty to apply the law." to which i entirely agree

as a fellow texan (not native, merely an immigrant but proudly from chicago rather than some less enlightened northern or far western city) the demon that talks through my left ear to my right brain is inspiring me to ask you what you though of the paris judge's decision to sentence a retarded 18 year old to over a 100 years for inappropriate sex play with a 6 year old that looked to me from the sidelines that it wouldn't have been a terrible problem if the 18 year old had been physically 6 years old rather than just mentally 6 years old.

my remarks on that case agree most with the defense attorney who was flabbergasted that mental competence legal letters were not equipped to address retardation instead of a psychosis that he probably would have won the case with if the defendant had actually hurt or killed the kid instead of just freaking out the kid's mom when she found them embracing however they were embracing.

In my opinion the judge wasn't wrong because he nor the jury had any knowledge of the defendants diminished mental capacity. That blame lies with the original defense attorney for not pursuing expert testimony. I'm confident the defendant will win on appeal as he should.

Mentally retarded Texas teen serving 100-year prison term for sex assault of boy - chicagotribune.com

How many Texans can we get in one thread?:lol:

another great contribution, way to set the example there Gunny :clap2:

you wrote "And it's my opinion that it's the judges duty to apply the law." to which i entirely agree

as a fellow texan (not native, merely an immigrant but proudly from chicago rather than some less enlightened northern or far western city) the demon that talks through my left ear to my right brain is inspiring me to ask you what you though of the paris judge's decision to sentence a retarded 18 year old to over a 100 years for inappropriate sex play with a 6 year old that looked to me from the sidelines that it wouldn't have been a terrible problem if the 18 year old had been physically 6 years old rather than just mentally 6 years old.

my remarks on that case agree most with the defense attorney who was flabbergasted that mental competence legal letters were not equipped to address retardation instead of a psychosis that he probably would have won the case with if the defendant had actually hurt or killed the kid instead of just freaking out the kid's mom when she found them embracing however they were embracing.

In my opinion the judge wasn't wrong because he nor the jury had any knowledge of the defendants diminished mental capacity. That blame lies with the original defense attorney for not pursuing expert testimony. I'm confident the defendant will win on appeal as he should.

Mentally retarded Texas teen serving 100-year prison term for sex assault of boy - chicagotribune.com

it's been a few months but i distinctly recall a defense attorney complaining about not being able to present a diminished capacity defense that had any weight because of the wording of existing case law as i paraphrased above. hence i won't know know if you or i am mistaken about that important point until i look at the archives.

i also remember that that there was a bad understanding between the judge and jury where they returned a maximum penalty on all counts because they thought the terms would be run concurrent. it was the judge's ruling of consecutive sentences that earned the case it's 15 andy warhol minutes in history.

the most important point is that the punishment does not fit the crime --- if any crime was even committed. clearly somebody screwed up on that one.

that is also the main point in the original case discussed. those guards nearly beat that man to death. there is usually no good justification for doing that in a well run modern american prison, even if he was flinging a bar of soap in a sock at them.

So far I count three, but I've never been that great at math. :lol:

it's been a few months but i distinctly recall a defense attorney complaining about not being able to present a diminished capacity defense that had any weight because of the wording of existing case law as i paraphrased above. hence i won't know know if you or i am mistaken about that important point until i look at the archives.

i also remember that that there was a bad understanding between the judge and jury where they returned a maximum penalty on all counts because they thought the terms would be run concurrent. it was the judge's ruling of consecutive sentences that earned the case it's 15 andy warhol minutes in history.

the most important point is that the punishment does not fit the crime --- if any crime was even committed. clearly somebody screwed up on that one.

that is also the main point in the original case discussed. those guards nearly beat that man to death. there is usually no good justification for doing that in a well run modern american prison, even if he was flinging a bar of soap in a sock at them.

When I come back here on Monday and time allows, I'll see if I can find the original court documents on this case. All that I've read about the case up to this point is the article that I linked to in my previous post. I agree there's probably more to it than what I've read so far. But in ten minutes I'm off to Mexico for the weekend, so I don't hav t he time to research it now. Adios!

the guards should be charged with attempted murder and stripped of their job pending trial. you don't take the law into your own hands.

Yeah...that makes sense...let the inmates attack you while you just stand there, take a beating or let them kill you before you tell them to go stand in the corner. God forbid anyone should defend themselves against the crazed lunatic.

The guards could have made this whole thing go away if they just said he slipped in the shower. Who's going to believe a convict...other than some liberal.

When I come back here on Monday and time allows, I'll see if I can find the original court documents on this case. All that I've read about the case up to this point is the article that I linked to in my previous post. I agree there's probably more to it than what I've read so far. But in ten minutes I'm off to Mexico for the weekend, so I don't hav t he time to research it now. Adios!

so how many texans are there in this thread and and what's the demographics in terms of mods, left-wingers, right-wingers, clipped-wingers and subjects of discussion who are jurists, officers of the court, defendants, victims and so on?

i get paid to answer those kinds of questions so don't look at me --- these guys have not collected dollar one of their 100 dollar monthly goal so they sure can't afford my number crunching rates. takes a pair of us grants just to get me to sit down at somebody else's machine for the two hours or so it would take me to squeeze those kinds of numbers out of this thread and make a decent presentation of the results.

have fun in mexico. if you see any pretty little purple amethyst crystals in the markets buy as many as you can for as little as you feel you can feel good about hammering the peasant offering them down to and i guarantee you at least a keystone net on whaterver you bring back. spend less than $100 and i'll buy them myself when you return (i'm in austintatious if that hasn't already been revealed elsewhere and i have business cells that i'm not shy about giving out the number to).

if by some miracle you have the opportunity or ability to spend a big one or more on
uncut mexican amethyst it will take me a few weeks to distribute it right.

vaya con dios, amigo

I feel sorry for the corrections officers. They will be punished (as they should be).

Goes to show you how it is way smarter to let them in the general population and leak they are a child sexual predator. Inmate justice is way more effective.

Carrasquillo, who was charged last June with raping an 11-year-old girl in Kensington, apparently was pummeled by corrections officers after a confrontation Sunday at Curran-Fromhold Correctional Facility, officials said.

While some details of the brouhaha remain unclear, this much is known: Carrasquillo is in critical condition at Aria Health's Torresdale campus with various injuries, a hospital spokeswoman said yesterday.

Lorenzo North, president of the Prison Guards Union Local 159, said that Carrasquillo attacked a sergeant and four corrections officer with a sock that was stuffed with a bar of soap. "That's a jailhouse weapon," North said. "They did what they had to do to protect themselves and subdue the inmate."

North said that in addition to the stuffed sock, guards found two sharpened pens in Carrasquillo's cell that could have been used as weapons.

Eskind said that Carrasquillo was in solitary confinement because of the high-profile nature of his case.

Rapist of 11-year-old girl beaten by guards in prison | Philadelphia Daily News | 04/15/2010

No sympathy. Nada, zip, zero...

No sympathy for the rapist, but I'm really pizzed at the guards. This was not for them to do. And my hunch is they planted the 'weapons' to justify the beating. I hope they are charged and imprisoned right along side him.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
Carrasquillo, who was charged last June with raping an 11-year-old girl in Kensington, apparently was pummeled by corrections officers after a confrontation Sunday at Curran-Fromhold Correctional Facility, officials said.

While some details of the brouhaha remain unclear, this much is known: Carrasquillo is in critical condition at Aria Health's Torresdale campus with various injuries, a hospital spokeswoman said yesterday.

Lorenzo North, president of the Prison Guards Union Local 159, said that Carrasquillo attacked a sergeant and four corrections officer with a sock that was stuffed with a bar of soap. "That's a jailhouse weapon," North said. "They did what they had to do to protect themselves and subdue the inmate."

North said that in addition to the stuffed sock, guards found two sharpened pens in Carrasquillo's cell that could have been used as weapons.

Eskind said that Carrasquillo was in solitary confinement because of the high-profile nature of his case.

Rapist of 11-year-old girl beaten by guards in prison | Philadelphia Daily News | 04/15/2010

No sympathy. Nada, zip, zero...

No sympathy for the rapist, but I'm really pizzed at the guards. This was not for them to do. And my hunch is they planted the 'weapons' to justify the beating. I hope they are charged and imprisoned right along side him.

indeed

I'm sorry - I don't know what a "pussy terrorist" is. Would that be a terrorist who is afraid to blow himself up in a crowded restaurant? :confused:

Who could love someone like that?

its better to ignore lost soul

Y'think? Anyone that sympathizes with a child molester needs psychiatric care and a set of values.

so you are okay with rogue justice by the guards? the guy already got his punishment, he was in jail

the guards should be charged with attempted murder and stripped of their job pending trial. you don't take the law into your own hands.

Yeah...that makes sense...let the inmates attack you while you just stand there, take a beating or let them kill you before you tell them to go stand in the corner. God forbid anyone should defend themselves against the crazed lunatic.

the only way to defend them off is to beat the prisoner to an inch of death? and I would bet the guards planted evidence to attempt to cover up their real actions.

The guards could have made this whole thing go away if they just said he slipped in the shower. Who's going to believe a convict...other than some liberal.

I am glad to see you believe in rogue justice and outlaws

another great contribution, way to set the example there Gunny :clap2:

My next example will be how to make a worthless, dickhead troll disappear.

Being from Philly and having followed this story since the beginning, this guy is the luckiest guy in town. The community or "hood" caught this guy, they were in the process of beating this guy to death. Unfortunately for the great people of my city, a cop car just happen to drive by and stop the crowd. For once there's a time when you didn't need a officer on the scene

Forum List

Back