ranking US Presidents

As far as I know FDR has never been out of the top three slots on any poll and in this latest Siena poll FDR had the top spot all to himself. .

He is the ONLY person on the list of presidents who has thrown over 100,000 innocent American civilians into concentration camps.

Reagan threw 300 million Americans into concentration camps we are living in today.

As far as I know FDR has never been out of the top three slots on any poll and in this latest Siena poll FDR had the top spot all to himself. .

He is the ONLY person on the list of presidents who has thrown over 100,000 innocent American civilians into concentration camps.

Reagan threw 300 million Americans into concentration camps we are living in today.

Not figurative, subjective, biased, hyperbolic lefty symbolism - I mean actual, barbed wire and armed guards concentration camps, you stupid fuck.

If LBJ was involved in the JFK assn - that makes him the slam-dunk worst president.

Was pretty bad anyway.

An accidental(?) president.

And a quitter. Didnt run for a full 2nd term.

Case closed.

Last edited:
If LBJ was involved in the JFK assn - that makes him the slam-dunk worst president.

Was pretty bad anyway.

Case closed.

LBJ had a bipolar presidency. His legislative accomplishments with Civil Rights, Medicare, war on poverty as well as his contributions to the space program were outstanding

He got pulled into a quagmire in Viet Nam and fell for the trap of.......just a few more troops and we can win this thing

Nonsense. "Those bastards sneak-attacked us and we kicked their asses." Clear as day.

Really?

Japanese fleet out on recon is engaged and attacked by the US Fleet, where was the "sneak attack"? It seems the US was the ones who ordered the sneak attack.

How would we have known they were on their way here, Sunshine? That would have tipped our hand that we cracked their codes, no?

Has it occured to you that Japan was attacking on many other fronts simultaneously? All this conspiracy nonsense just messes up your capacity for logical thinking.

I read your post 4 times and it makes less sense each time. What "many other fronts" are you talking about (and I'm dreading the stupid answer to follow)

Was pretty bad anyway.

Case closed.

LBJ had a bipolar presidency. His legislative accomplishments with Civil Rights, Medicare, war on poverty as well as his contributions to the space program were outstanding

He got pulled into a quagmire in Viet Nam and fell for the trap of.......just a few more troops and we can win this thing

LBJ held up Ike's Civil Right Bill from 1957 until 1964.

Was pretty bad anyway.

Case closed.

And as president in 1965 he could have vetoed it..........he didn't and it cost his party the South for the next 45 years

And as president in 1965 he could have vetoed it..........he didn't and it cost his party the South for the next 45 years

So he should have held the bill up longer? Wasn't 7 years enough?

You may have heard about "Tailgunner" Joe McCarthy - and how he embellished his war record.

LBJ was even more of a phony.

Went on a mission in the South Pacific as an observer - dindt come within a 100 miles of Jap fighters - and made himself out to be a hero.

I don't know much about Woodrow Wilson -except that without the US declaring war in 1917 - Germany would have won WW1.

I don't know much about Woodrow Wilson -except that without the US declaring war in 1917 - Germany would have won WW1.
First of all, WWI was pretty much a stalemate when the US intervened.

As for the rest of Wilson's wretched record...

The Federal Reserve.
16th Amendment, income tax and the terrorist organization known as the IRS.
17th Amendment, stripping state legislatures of any say in federal spending.
Fired scores (hundreds?) of blacks involved in the federal bureaucracy and re-segregated the military.
Forget WWI...He also invaded Mexico, Haiti, the Dominican Republic, Nicaragua, and forced his choice of puppets into office.
Supporter of eugenics.

I can't think of a more despicable man to hold the office.

i don't know much about woodrow wilson -except that without the us declaring war in 1917 - germany would have won ww1.
first of all, wwi was pretty much a stalemate when the us intervened.

As for the rest of wilson's wretched record...

The federal reserve.
16th amendment, income tax and the terrorist organization known as the irs.
17th amendment, stripping state legislatures of any say in federal spending.
Fired scores (hundreds?) of blacks involved in the federal bureaucracy and re-segregated the military.
Forget wwi...he also invaded mexico, haiti, the dominican republic, nicaragua, and forced his choice of puppets into office.
Supporter of eugenics.

I can't think of a more despicable man to hold the office.

fdr

Was pretty bad anyway.

Case closed.

Only nutcases like Oliver Stone believe that LBJ was involved in the assassination of JFK.

Really?

Japanese fleet out on recon is engaged and attacked by the US Fleet, where was the "sneak attack"? It seems the US was the ones who ordered the sneak attack.

How would we have known they were on their way here, Sunshine? That would have tipped our hand that we cracked their codes, no?

Has it occured to you that Japan was attacking on many other fronts simultaneously? All this conspiracy nonsense just messes up your capacity for logical thinking.

I read your post 4 times and it makes less sense each time. What "many other fronts" are you talking about (and I'm dreading the stupid answer to follow)

The Philippines, Hong Kong, Malaya, the Dutch East Indies, ...
Do you know anything about WWII?

I don't see why Polk is so high, same with McKinley and Andrew Johnson

Wilson, Eisenhower and JFK should be higher

Why Polk is so high? Well, I'm thinking California, Texas, Oregon, and most that's in between.

McKinley was very important for the financial stability and the global expansion of the US.

Andrew Johnson for reconstruction and for holding out executive power against and overambitious Congress.

JFK, really? What did he accomplish?

The way Andrew Johnson mishandled reconstruction directly led to the problems that exist to this day between blacks and whites...

You have to consider the times in which they governed. It's ridiculous to compare Abraham Lincoln, who presided over the worst crisis in the nation's history, to Bill Clinton, who was president in a time of peace, prosperity, and nothing-very-important-going-on. How can anyone tell how Clinton would have handled the Civil War?

For that reason, I find Strauss & Howe's four turning idea useful, and can say:

Best High-era president: George Washington

Worst High-era president: Grover Cleveland

Best Awakening-era president: Theodore Roosevelt

Worst Awakening-era president: John Quincy Adams

Best Unraveling-era president: Bill Clinton

Worse Unraveling-era president: James Buchanan

Best Crisis-era president: tie, Abraham Lincoln and Franklin D. Roosevelt

Worst Crisis-era president: Herbert Hoover

even though I don't quite agree some of the particulars, that's a pretty cool breakdown...

The Philippines, Hong Kong, Malaya, the Dutch East Indies, ...
Do you know anything about WWII?

Yeah, I'm somewhat familiar with WWII. Your comment is still a total nonsequitur to my post. I think you're missing a few sentences

Forum List

Back