Randi Rhodes: Al Franken Will Not Be An 'Honest' Senator

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjYm75sRV1k]YouTube - Randi Rhodes: Al Franken Will Not Be An 'Honest' Senator[/ame]

Now what is the evidence that Randi Rhodes has that can prove that Al Franken is dishonest? She says it can be found on the internet.

How dare she? First criticizing The Obama over the ongoing wars, the detainees who he now says still will be held without trial, and now this.

Argumentum ad hominem (argument directed at the person). This is the error of attacking the character or motives of a person who has stated an idea, rather than the idea itself. The most obvious example of this fallacy is when one debater maligns the character of another debater (e.g, "The members of the opposition are a couple of fascists!"), but this is actually not that common. A more typical manifestation of argumentum ad hominem is attacking a source of information -- for example, responding to a quotation from Richard Nixon on the subject of free trade with China by saying, "We all know Nixon was a liar and a cheat, so why should we believe anything he says?" Argumentum ad hominem also occurs when someone's arguments are discounted merely because they stand to benefit from the policy they advocate -- such as Bill Gates arguing against antitrust, rich people arguing for lower taxes, white people arguing against affirmative action, minorities arguing for affirmative action, etc. In all of these cases, the relevant question is not who makes the argument, but whether the argument is valid.

It is always bad form to use the fallacy of argumentum ad hominem. But there are some cases when it is not really a fallacy, such as when one needs to evaluate the truth of factual statements (as opposed to lines of argument or statements of value) made by interested parties. If someone has an incentive to lie about something, then it would be naive to accept his statements about that subject without question. It is also possible to restate many ad hominem arguments so as to redirect them toward ideas rather than people, such as by replacing "My opponents are fascists" with "My opponents' arguments are fascist."

Argumentum ad hominem (argument directed at the person). This is the error of attacking the character or motives of a person who has stated an idea, rather than the idea itself. The most obvious example of this fallacy is when one debater maligns the character of another debater (e.g, "The members of the opposition are a couple of fascists!"), but this is actually not that common. A more typical manifestation of argumentum ad hominem is attacking a source of information -- for example, responding to a quotation from Richard Nixon on the subject of free trade with China by saying, "We all know Nixon was a liar and a cheat, so why should we believe anything he says?" Argumentum ad hominem also occurs when someone's arguments are discounted merely because they stand to benefit from the policy they advocate -- such as Bill Gates arguing against antitrust, rich people arguing for lower taxes, white people arguing against affirmative action, minorities arguing for affirmative action, etc. In all of these cases, the relevant question is not who makes the argument, but whether the argument is valid.

It is always bad form to use the fallacy of argumentum ad hominem. But there are some cases when it is not really a fallacy, such as when one needs to evaluate the truth of factual statements (as opposed to lines of argument or statements of value) made by interested parties. If someone has an incentive to lie about something, then it would be naive to accept his statements about that subject without question. It is also possible to restate many ad hominem arguments so as to redirect them toward ideas rather than people, such as by replacing "My opponents are fascists" with "My opponents' arguments are fascist."

It's not an argument against the person. Notice what I bolded. All of those websites have incentive to lie about Al Franken and most if not all of them have proven to be dishonest in the past.

It would be like me linking news from Michaelmoore.com or the Huffington Post while saying it's 100% fair.

Sorry if it offends you, but I call bullshit when I see it.

You want to start playing the association game, here's where I got the link from: Index Page: The Backlash!

Any objection to a site that takes shots at virtually everyone??

I'm not saying Al Franken is a perfect person. However, you should have more honest links.

I'm looking at this site currently, all I see is the index page with a bunch of links on the right that include Michaelmoore.com, Drudge, etc.

Edit: Oh I see, right on the top.

The Backlash! @ backlash.com
For thoughtful analysis, read it here last
One of the oldest conservative sites on the web
On-line since 1995 ‑ Updated May 3, 2009

View attachment $Epic Fail.bmp

Last edited:
So, back to the ad hominem land we go.

Either debunk the sourced and well end noted material, or go out and play hide-and-seek with the rest of the neighborhood children.

It's not honest material most likely, if I wanted to go debunk myths I'd go in the conspiracy theory section.

Though let me ask you Dude, and you can tell me without any sort of links, what do you dislike about Al Franken?

Now what is the evidence that Randi Rhodes has that can prove that Al Franken is dishonest? She says it can be found on the internet.

I always enjoyed this Randi Rhodes quote:

"Geraldine Ferraro turned out to be the David Duke in drag ... What a whore Geraldine Ferraro is! She's such a fucking whore! I wanna see her have to stand beside her husband at one of those mandatory 'I have sinned against you; I'm a whore' kind of a press conference. Mr. Ferraro should have to stand next to his whore of a wife ... Hillary is a big fucking whore, too. You know why she's a big fucking whore? Because her deal is always, 'Read the fine print, asshole!'"

Either debunk the sourced and well end noted material, or go out and play hide-and-seek with the rest of the neighborhood children.

It's not honest material most likely, if I wanted to go debunk myths I'd go in the conspiracy theory section.

Though let me ask you Dude, and you can tell me without any sort of links, what do you dislike about Al Franken?
"I got nothing" is much more succinct and to the point.

And yet the left does EXACTLY that ALL the time, as well as the man made global warming dumb asses.

he has zero experience to be in the role he now plays.....

Forum List

Back