Rand Paul’s first two books are littered with fake Thomas Jefferson quotes

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago

This make sense, Paul is no intellectual giant, and he's prone to lying and making stuff up.

Now he's busted.

I hope they bring this up at GOP debates.

Kentucky senator and Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul’s first two books contain several statements falsely attributed to Thomas Jefferson and other historical figures, Buzzfeed reported.

Records from the Thomas Jefferson Foundation indicate that “there is no evidence” Jefferson was responsible for five statements Paul included in his work, and that two other statements were taken out of context.

Rand Paul Freedom Fighter, guess he got tired of plagiarism and has expanded into other freedoms. Could it just be that libertarians are so enamored of freedom that making things up and copying others work is covered by their ideological moral framework? Think about it, freedom is a kinda vague concept, so why not claim freedom to imagine? He should make a stand for freedom and say, 'yes, I made up lots of stuff but I never claimed historical accuracy. I only claim my libertarian freedom.' See how easy that is when freedom is the key.

What If Rand Paul Were a Woman - The Atlantic

Thank you very much for correcting that. I hate it when politicians lie which is why I hate everything Obama says.

Rand Paul Freedom Fighter, guess he got tired of plagiarism and has expanded into other freedoms. Could it just be that libertarians are so enamored of freedom that making things up and copying others work is covered by their ideological moral framework? Think about it, freedom is a kinda vague concept, so why not claim freedom to imagine? He should make a stand for freedom and say, 'yes, I made up lots of stuff but I never claimed historical accuracy. I only claim my libertarian freedom.' See how easy that is when freedom is the key.

Rand Paul is not a libertarian, genius.

This make sense, Paul is no intellectual giant, and he's prone to lying and making stuff up.

Now he's busted.

I hope they bring this up at GOP debates.

Kentucky senator and Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul’s first two books contain several statements falsely attributed to Thomas Jefferson and other historical figures, Buzzfeed reported.

Records from the Thomas Jefferson Foundation indicate that “there is no evidence” Jefferson was responsible for five statements Paul included in his work, and that two other statements were taken out of context.

passed around false quotes have been a part of rt-wing 'milieu' for a long time. They are all over the internet...you can hardly blame them on Paul alone.....most of those in the article get Jefferson's stance towards government right I think even tho they are not found in any of his known writings.

His father must be so ashamed.

Rand shitting on the political legacy like that.

Well, you all know that famous advice Thomas Jefferson emailed to Abraham Lincoln in 1961 about making up fake quotes attributed to historical characters.

"Determine never to manufacture bullshit about your betters."

So why does he call himself one.

So why does he call himself one.

He doesn't.

I suspect those five false Jefferson quotes have been quoted by many other authors. But, this does look bad. Rand had better get better research assistants.

Forum List

Back