Rand Paul

Either you are lying or you are ignorant.

Of course you are calling for big unlimited government. You are happy with the size and actions of our government, so naturally you are okay with it.

Government does NOTHING well. Not knowing this fact, is proof you have a mental condition.

Are some kind of fucking retard?

fact is, I'm about to take a shower with clean water provided by government, then drive to work on nice safe roads maintained by government. I will go to bed tonight safe in the knowledge my neighborhood is patrolled by a professional police force.

Now go back to the LIbertarian Kiddy Table.

Poor lil' Joe...he can't think logically and is incapable of reason.

Yes government does things...we agree on that. Do they do anything WELL....meaning do they do these things efficiently and effectively???? OF COURSE NOT.

You are the perfect example of a statist dupe.

Onus is on you to prove that the private sector could provide roads, street lighting, police and fire services, etc at a cheaper price and more effectively.

These self-described "libertarian/anarchists" have no clue. They like the sound of saying they're "libertarian/anarchists" but, when you get right down to issues, all they know is wearing funny hats and open carry. Beyond that, they would sit huddled in the dark, waiting for someone else to turn on the lights.

BTW, nutter Rand Paul will be on Bill Maher this Friday night on HBO. They also re-run the program through the week.

BTW, nutter Rand Paul will be on Bill Maher this Friday night on HBO. They also re-run the program through the week.

At least we know that he won't claim to be a witch, or wizard, as the case may be. Going to be interesting to see if Bill can push a few buttons and bring out the "Ayn Rand" in Rand Paul. :D

Government does NOTHING well.

Really?

They don't provide police, courts, street lighting, fire depts, sanitary services, roads, etc, etc well?

Please tell us more about how the private sector does a better job of all of the above.

Where those services have been privatized, they are much more efficient and effective.

Unfortunately, government does not like competition, so there are few examples of privatization successes with these services.

You libs complain about the need for MORE infrastructure spending to fix America's dilapidated infrastructure. How did it become dilapidated, when your beloved government has controlled these services forever? Is this not proof of government ineffectiveness?

Rand Paul is setting himself to be the alternative to the extremist far right candidate. He is also not the establishment candidate so he is aiming to become the compromise candidate that the extremists and establishments can both agree upon for 2016.

But to be the candidate he has to demonstrate that he has appeal to the moderate middle which explains his visits to Berkely and the barrios. What he says about passing what both sides agree upon makes sense too which is why he is setting himself up to be the obvious alternative.

I fully expect to see him on the 2016 GOP ticket.

Can you name just one R nominated for POTUS, who was a far right extremist?

Why are you ignoring the question?

Where those services have been privatized, they are much more efficient and effective.

Still waiting for you to provide a :link: to substantiate your allegation because no one is taking your word for it.

Rand Paul is setting himself to be the alternative to the extremist far right candidate. He is also not the establishment candidate so he is aiming to become the compromise candidate that the extremists and establishments can both agree upon for 2016.

^^^^^ This. He will help educate the far righters they are not the party, only a small if loud part of it.

Still waiting for you to provide a :link: to substantiate your allegation because no one is taking your word for it.

I answered your question, now kindly answer mine.

You made a categorical statement, now back it up.

Last edited:
Gipper, no, you did not answer his question.

Please do so before you ask for anything.

I answered your question, now kindly answer mind.

You made a categorical statement, now back it up.

You have been asked to back up your allegations with factual links. Failure to do so means that your credibility is suspect. This is your final opportunity to provide a link to substantiate this allegation of yours.

Where those services have been privatized, they are much more efficient and effective

Gipper has no such links.

Let's move on and take about the possibilities of a Rand Paul platform.

I suspect that he is going to push privacy and isolationism. I don't know if he will go so far as to raise the concept of self sufficiency in bringing back jobs to the USA by raising either tariffs on imports or taxes on offshoring corporations. That might be a bad move on his part since it will scare off the big money backers.

I suspect that he is going to push privacy and isolationism. I don't know if he will go so far as to raise the concept of self sufficiency in bringing back jobs to the USA by raising either tariffs on imports or taxes on offshoring corporations. That might be a bad move on his part since it will scare off the big money backers.

Are you guys really that clueless?...no need to answer...it is a rhetorical question.

All one has to do is Google "privatization of government services" and you will find much information backing my position.

Now...please name the R nominated POTUS' who are right wing extremists.

Are you guys really that clueless?...no need to answer...it is a rhetorical question.

All one has to do is Google "privatization of government services" and you will find much information backing my position.

Thanks for destroying your own credibility by failing to provide credible substantiation for your allegations. Have a nice day.

Thanks for destroying your own credibility by failing to provide credible substantiation for your allegations. Have a nice day.

Good lord...you lefties are really very much like second graders.

When will you ever grow up?

Rhetorical...no need to answer...not that you would.

Pretty interesting article on Rand Paul and his upcoming campaign:

Rand s grand plan - Mike Allen - POLITICO

Two snips from the piece that caught my eye:

Scott Reed, who ran Bob Dole’s presidential campaign in 1996 and now is the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s senior political strategist, said: “In any two-week period of this last six months, Rand Paul did more smart things to grow the party than everyone else combined. Going to Berkeley and barrios and ghettos – he’s not afraid to go where no one else wants to go.” -- Paul does appear to have more balls than most of the other Republicans.

On the trail, Paul has honed a message that emphasizes a rare area of agreement between the red and blue Americas – that Washington needs to work better. “My theory has been that we try to agree on too much and the bills are too big,” he said in the interview. “If they were more narrow — it’s like immigration. We don’t agree on 100 percent of it, but we agree on 50 percent of it. Why do we not pass 50 percent of it?” -- Good for him, find areas of agreement and take advantage of them.

But will his foreign policy -- American doesn't own the world -- keep him from getting the nomination? Plus, he has said that we should leave gay rights to the states and he is not for making abortion illegal.

He makes more sense to me than the other GOP'ers - is he pure enough?

I like Rand Paul, too. Very much. But I don't want to see a senator become our next president. It is going to take a governor to become the candidate. America needs experienced people who have managed a state and a budget.

This is ridiculous given the naive, childish dogma that is libertarianism

This is ridiculous given the naive, childish dogma that is libertarianism

Yeah...like ah....like you know....how could we EVER live without a big unlimited tyrannical government???....I mean like ah REALLY...big brother government is wonderful....

....if you are brain damaged....

and incapable of learning from history.

Forum List

Back