Raising “your” kids a job?

No. Raising your kids is work.

That's undisputable. If you didn't work, then you utterly failed your children and society.

work equals a job? Having hot sex is work but not a job.:lol:

It doesn't mean a "job" like employment. It means work, a task. When your kids did their chores, did you tell them "good job?" in a household different ones are assigned tasks: MY job is mending clothes, husband can't sew. HIS job is tending to the cars. His job is also taking care of the yard. MY job is doing the kitties' litterbox. None of these "jobs" are employment, more like I guess "responsibility." Raising kids is a "job" of sorts, the pay may not be monetary exactly, but it's hard work and it's your "job" to take care of your children.

RAISING “YOUR” KIDS A JOB?

I never thought for one second that raising my children was a job. Picking cotton is a job. If my kids knew I felt raising them was a job it would be quite insulting to them. I don’t think my mother who also was teacher ever felt raising 8 children, 5 of her own and 3 adopted was a job

I've been waiting for some dumb bitch to wander in here with this hairsplitting bullshit, and here it is.

This is the kind of softheaded liberal mush passing for thought that gives us those wonderful children we all love to see in the restaurant when we go out to eat, screaming and throwing food while their imbecile mothers look on misty-eyed and talk about how "raising children isn't a job." Perhaps if these ignorant sluts TREATED it like a job, where you have an actual goal you're supposed to work at achieving, our society wouldn't be sliding into a giant cesspit of ill-mannered savagery.

Raising my children is my job; it is my responsibility; and doing it correctly requires WORK. The fact that I love my job and the children who comprise it changes that fact not at all.

If some dumb broad thinks "job" and "work" mean "things I really hate doing", perhaps that dumb broad ought to take it as a hint that having a career isn't for her and stay the hell home. Maybe then the rest of us wouldn't dread seeing her and her brood of vermin walking into the Panda Express next time.

Sure must make your children feel good to know that you compare raising them a job.
Libs sure know how to give radical right wingers a booty itch. :D

And bitch you don't know me.

I'm sure my children aren't softheaded liberal morons who sit around the therapist's office, moaning and wailing about stupid shit like "My mother considered motherhood her job", instead of whatever-the-fuck-else you seem to think it IS. And frankly, as long as they grow up to be well-mannered, educated, productive, law-abiding adults, I don't really give a shit whether they like my attitude or not. THAT is not my job.

And bitch, if you don't want your sad-sack piece-of-crap life commented on, don't fucking bring it up. I don't NEED to know you. All I need to know is the dumb shit that spews from your keyboard. You basically announced, "I'm a liberal idiot who doesn't know how to raise children", so don't blame me if I take you at your word and talk to you like a liberal idiot who doesn't know how to raise children.

You thought you were a shining example we'd all admire. You were wrong. Make a note of it for next time.

Perhaps if you'd finished a little more school before getting knocked up with your little screeching not-jobs, you'd have a better understanding of the definition of "job". I'd advise community college. They'll take anyone.

I never thought for one second that raising my children was a job. Picking cotton is a job. If my kids knew I felt raising them was a job it would be quite insulting to them. I don’t think my mother who also was teacher ever felt raising 8 children, 5 of her own and 3 adopted was a job

I've been waiting for some dumb bitch to wander in here with this hairsplitting bullshit, and here it is.

This is the kind of softheaded liberal mush passing for thought that gives us those wonderful children we all love to see in the restaurant when we go out to eat, screaming and throwing food while their imbecile mothers look on misty-eyed and talk about how "raising children isn't a job." Perhaps if these ignorant sluts TREATED it like a job, where you have an actual goal you're supposed to work at achieving, our society wouldn't be sliding into a giant cesspit of ill-mannered savagery.

Raising my children is my job; it is my responsibility; and doing it correctly requires WORK. The fact that I love my job and the children who comprise it changes that fact not at all.

If some dumb broad thinks "job" and "work" mean "things I really hate doing", perhaps that dumb broad ought to take it as a hint that having a career isn't for her and stay the hell home. Maybe then the rest of us wouldn't dread seeing her and her brood of vermin walking into the Panda Express next time.

What a wonder filled fauxrageous this topic is.

It wasn't about working mom verses stay at home moms, or the work involved with rasing children. It was about Mitten and how out of touch with middle class american he and his wife are.

Sure must make your children feel good to know that you compare raising them a job.
Libs sure know how to give radical right wingers a booty itch. :D

And bitch you don't know me.
My 11 year old asked me if raising three kids was a hard job. I said yes, but I wouldn't have wanted my life any other way. Made him very happy to know that even though raising him is hard, I would not want to NOT do it.

I understand being a rocket scientist is hard, as well, but I doubt the people who do it would want to do anything else.

Maybe it's just something about liberals, that they equate "job" with "bad, evil, I don't want to do it".

Again, if you didn't work to raise your children, you didn't raise your children. Hopefully someone cut the slack for your laziness, but you can't raise children without working hard.

What a wonder filled fauxrageous this topic is.

It wasn't about working mom verses stay at home moms, or the work involved with rasing children. It was about Mitten and how out of touch with middle class american he and his wife are.

And yet, Mitt isn't the one flying around the world on tax payer's dime looking for vacation spots for his wife. Obama is.

Get a nanny and see how much she charges.

Again, if you didn't work to raise your children, you didn't raise your children. Hopefully someone cut the slack for your laziness, but you can't raise children without working hard.

Well, yes you can.

Just don't cry when they end up wards of the State

Let's just be very clear here for the education-impaired among us (ie. the liberals).

Job - a piece of work; something produced by or as if by work; something that has to be done; a task; an undertaking requiring unusual exertion; a specific duty, role, or function.

Motherhood is, properly, all of the above. It is something one should WORK at, not just muddle along, vaguely hoping it will take care of itself. It HAS to be done; one cannot just blow it off whenever one wishes to. It requires unusual exertion to truly do it right. One should invest thought and effort into it. It is a specific role and function one fulfills, a duty one performs for one's children and for society.

Only liberals could view the words "job", "work", and "duty" as hateful epithets.

Well, yes you can.

Just don't cry when they end up wards of the State

No. if they end up wards of the state, you haven't raised them. They just got older.

Forum List

Back