Raising Your Child as an Atheist.

froggy

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2009
Are you condemning you child because of your beliefs? Would it not be better to let him or her experience religion on their own, without influence from the parents.

Are you condemning you child because of your beliefs? Would it not be better to let him or her experience religion on their own, without influence from the parents.

Here's the fun part.

A true Atheist does *not* raise their child to become an Atheist, but DOES, in fact, allow their children to decide on their own, in their own time.

I, on the other hand, was *forced* to go to sunday school, and to church.

Who's condemning who?

Where do you get this shit from, or do you just like stirring some imaginary pot?

can we get christians to NOT influence THEIR kids, too?

would it not be better for the children of christians to have the right to decide for themselves and NOT be brainwashed by the illogical and irrational fears and beliefs of their brainwashed and indoctrinated parents...

are christians condemning their children to lives devoid of opportunity with their irrational and illogical beliefs?

is it really a wise policy to brainwash ALL children into believing in a non-existant god, causing them to deny themselves pleasures and enjoyments because of their fear of a non-existant punitive (and deranged) god?

would it not be better for the children of christians to have the right to decide for themselves and NOT be brainwashed by the illogical and irrational fears and beliefs of their brainwashed and indoctrinated parents...

are christians condemning their children to lives devoid of opportunity with their irrational and illogical beliefs?

is it really a wise policy to brainwash ALL children into believing in a non-existant god, causing them to deny themselves pleasures and enjoyments because of their fear of a non-existant punitive (and deranged) god?

Think you might be going just a *tad* overboard here?

a good question for every parent who takes their child to any given church, synagogue, blood sacrifice, or other ceremony or service

Here's the fun part.

A true Atheist does *not* raise their child to become an Atheist, but DOES, in fact, allow their children to decide on their own, in their own time.

Who's condemning who?

Where do you get this shit from, or do you just like stirring some imaginary pot?

He likes to stir the chamber pot

I suspect he likes the smell

No.

all people should have the right to decide for themselves.

nobody should be brainwashing their children into embracing illogical and irrational beliefs and fears.

when it comes to "creationism" v "evolution" MOST cons seem to believe that children should be exposed to BOTH sides and then allowed to decide for themselves...

why not expose ALL children to all sides of EVERY issue and let them decide for themselves...

pot smoking v drug war
sex before marriage v abstinance
religion v atheism
homosexual rights v antigay bigotry

---------------

from your own personal perspective...

would you prefer to have been brainwashed into being whatever religion your parents are
or
to have been given th eopportunity to thinkn and decide for yourself?

do you want your children to grow up with the ability and intellect to think and decide for themselves (about ALL things including religion)
or do you just want to brainwash them?

No.

nobody should be brainwashing their children into embracing illogical and irrational beliefs and fears.

when it comes to "creationism" v "evolution" MOST cons seem to believe that children should be exposed to BOTH sides and then allowed to decide for themselves...

why not expose ALL children to all sides of EVERY issue and let them decide for themselves...

pot smoking v drug war
religion v atheism

---------------

would you prefer to have been brainwashed into being whatever religion your parents are
or

do you want your children to grow up with the ability and intellect to think and decide for themselves (about ALL things including religion)

And you're not getting a head start by automatically referring to it as "brainwashing", and "illogical"?

Did you ever stop to think that people believe what they do for reasons only *they* know, and which, quite frankly, are nobody elses business?

Hate to break it to you, cupcake, but I've stood on *both* sides of the coin.

How's about you just live, and let live without being insulting?

Just sayin...

I hear the drums beating down in the atheist camp tonight. Must be a "I don't believe" Party going on!:lol:

This is America. Believe anything you want to believe. I'll do the same and wish you all a good day.

Here's the fun part.

Who's condemning who?

Amen sister!

I was forced to go to church for the first 16 years of my life as well.
Programming is what I call it. The bible even says to do this to your children.

Why doesn't everyone stay the Hell out of people's homes?

That goes for the liberals and they're silly little PhD wielding doctors who don't want me to take a switch to my future child for the purpose of correction.

And the religious right-winged nutjobs who think they know everything and that because they go to church they're children will be a-okay.

You're ALL a bunch of loons.

Don't you get it? People don't want you in their homes. Shit.

Here's the fun part.

Who's condemning who?

Amen sister!

Did it Hurt?

It'd be hard to imagine anything more private than how to raise a child with respect to religious (or not) beliefs. As long as the parent does not endanger the child (e.g., handling snakes, not getting vaccinated, etc.) I don't care what you teach them to believe.

As for Creationism, it is religion, not science. Don't afflict all of the kids in a public school with the nonsense you choose to believe.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
Here's the fun part.

Who's condemning who?

Amen sister!

Did it Hurt?

:rolleyes: I'm sure she was devastated.

It'd be hard to imagine anything more private than how to raise a child with respect to religious (or not) beliefs. As long as the parent does not endanger the child (e.g., handling snakes, not getting vaccinated, etc.) I don't care what you teach them to believe.

As for Creationism, it is religion, not science. Don't afflict all of the kids in a public school with the nonsense you choose to believe.

How does abstaining from immunizations endanger children?

No.

pot smoking v drug war
religion v atheism

---------------

or

i would bet you can not put forth an equal argument on any issue.....

No.

pot smoking v drug war
religion v atheism

---------------

or

My mother use to say it like this: "because it's my FUCKING house".

When children pay bills, rent, car notes, mortgages and buy their own food and clothes then they can decide what the Hell they believe for themselves. Until then if the cost of having a parent that loves you enough to pay your got-dayum snotty asses phone bills, put a roof over your head, put clothes on your back, food in front of you to eat, work their asses off everyday, pay taxes, stay up with your ungrateful behinds when your sick, and help you finish projects for school at the last minute is that you have to go to church once or twice a week and sit through a sermon my goodness freaking DEAL with it.

Why doesn't everyone stay the Hell out of people's homes?

That goes for the liberals and they're silly little PhD wielding doctors who don't want me to take a switch to my future child for the purpose of correction.

And the religious right-winged nutjobs who think they know everything and that because they go to church they're children will be a-okay.

You're ALL a bunch of loons.

Don't you get it? People don't want you in their homes. Shit.

Well keep your damned TV turned off.

No.

pot smoking v drug war
religion v atheism

---------------

or

When children pay bills, rent, car notes, mortgages and buy their own food and clothes then they can decide what the Hell they believe for themselves. Until then if the cost of having a parent that loves you enough to pay your got-dayum snotty asses phone bills, put a roof over your head, put clothes on your back, food in front of you to eat, work their asses off everyday, pay taxes, stay up with your ungrateful behinds when your sick, and help you finish projects for school at the last minute is that you have to go to church once or twice a week and sit through a sermon my goodness freaking DEAL with it.

bull shit.

No.

pot smoking v drug war
religion v atheism

---------------

or

bull shit.

No, what's bullshit is accusing parents who take their children to church of brainwashing their children.

Forum List

Back