Radical Islam: Why does the media refuse to focus on it?

M14 Shooter

The Light of Truth
Sep 26, 2007
Bridge, USS Enterprise
A group of Christians in FL burns the Koran.
A group of Muslims in Afghanistan riot, burn things, kill people, etc.
The media focuses on the extremism of the Christians, ignores the extremism of the rioters.

A group of Muslims fly airliners into buildings in NYC and DC
A number of Americans rail against the Muslims who perpetrated said act.
The media focuses on the extremity of those Americans and goes out of its way to paint Islam as a religion of peace.

Why does the media do this?

If you were familiar with blowback, you might have a better understanding of why there are Islamic extremists that attack the United States. There is also a lot of history to be learned.

I'll tell you this; Islamic extremists dont attack America because we are free. Islamic extremists are also not the whole of the muslim community. in fact, quite the opposite. Sort of like radical fundemental christians that bomb abortion clinics and kill doctors who perform abortions.

Your question suffers a series of incredibly dichtonomic fallacy.

When an ideology such as Islam has the ability to control and enslave billions of people, all with lies, it's no wonder the progressives admire it. So they will defend it.

If you were familiar with blowback, you might have a better understanding of why there are Islamic extremists that attack the United States. There is also a lot of history to be learned.

I'll tell you this; Islamic extremists dont attack America because we are free. Islamic extremists are also not the whole of the muslim community. in fact, quite the opposite. Sort of like radical fundemental christians that bomb abortion clinics and kill doctors who perform abortions.

Your question suffers a series of incredibly dichtonomic fallcy.
You are avoiding the issue - why don't you take a stab at addressing the OP?

The message you (and the media) send here:
Don't offend the radical Muslom loons, they might get mad and attack us.
Don't take offense to what the radical Muslim loons do, they might get mand and attack us.

Your original question asked why the media doesn't focus on radical islamist. On the contrary, "terrorists" and their performed acts are all over our media. Both domestic and foreign. Hence its incredible level of fallacy.

Should the media attack them for their acts?
Do you think if the media did do such a thing, it would make any difference?

The media shouldn't give any of these lunes ANY attention at all. If the media didnt report on Christian nut job in florida, the likelihood of the extremists even knowing about it would be nill to none.

So, yeah, the media should STFU on putting any of these people on the screen.

It does only harm and absolutely no good.

A group of Christians in FL burns the Koran.
A group of Muslims in Afghanistan riot, burn things, kill people, etc.
The media focuses on the extremism of the Christians, ignores the extremism of the rioters.

A group of Muslims fly airliners into buildings in NYC and DC
A number of Americans rail against the Muslims who perpetrated said act.
The media focuses on the extremity of those Americans and goes out of its way to paint Islam as a religion of peace.

Why does the media do this?

...the enemy of my enemy is my friend...?

liberals have a lot in common with Islamofascists.....they both want to destroy America...so the liberal press gives them a pass...

I'm so happy religion is declining so rapidly in america. Hopefully soon enough we no longer have to have these silly discussions because people will replace a faith mindset with a fact mindset.

Your question suffers a series of incredibly dichtonomic fallacy.

Where are the headless bodies of abortionists killed by people yelling "this is for the Lord"? Where are the "Christians" celebrating in the streets over the murders of abortionists?

Your original question asked why the media doesn't focus on radical islamist. On the contrary, "terrorists" and their performed acts are all over our media. Both domestic and foreign. Hence its incredible level of fallacy.
You mis-imterpret my post.
Their 'focus' - their purpoesful coverage, their slant - is NOT on the on the radical Muslim loons, rather the conditions that they react to.

A Christian burns a book - the racidal Muslim loons burn a town.
The extrsmists? The Christians, according to the media slant.

It would be nice to see the media treat abhorrent acts the same.

Or even better, to the degree that they are abhorent.
A burned book versus a burned town, and the burned book is the more heinous act?

Consider, too, that the burning of the book was free speech, protected by the US Constitution.

You mis-imterpret my post.
Their 'focus' - their purpoesful coverage, their slant - is NOT on the on the radical Muslim loons, rather the conditions that they react to.

A Christian burns a book - the racidal Muslim loons burn a town.
The extrsmists? The Christians, according to the media slant.

Again, there should be no reporting of either. I didn't see any indication that the media thinks the acts of the islamic extremists is ok.
And yeah, the asshole "christian" who burned the quran, did so out of spite. His act was inflammitory. His views are of the extreme variety.

I guess I really dont see your point at all. it's riddled with false dichotomy to me.

If you see one of these crazy parents kill their kids under the excuse that "God told me" the media would NEVER stoop to calling them "Radical Christian terrorist."

A muslim does the exact same thing, you can rest assured the media will use the term "Radical muslim terrorist."

The problem the OP has is that the media aren't full of outspoken bigots, they mostly play little games to try and hide it.

A burned book versus a burned town, and the burned book is the more heinous act?

Consider, too, that the burning of the book was free speech, protected by the US Constitution.

You're trying to compare what someone does in the united states under the guise of free speech with someone in a foreign nation under a completely different set of rules and standards. Apples and oranges.

If you see one of these crazy parents kill their kids under the excuse that "God told me" the media would NEVER stoop to calling them "Radical Christian terrorist."
The slant from the media almost always converys that message, if the words are not actually used. Consider the stories of Christians bombing abortion clinics, and then compare them to the stories of radical Muslim loons bombing Israeli school busses.

A muslim does the exact same thing, you can rest assured the media will use the term "Radical muslim terrorist."
And yet, they never, ever, do.

You're trying to compare what someone does in the united states under the guise of free speech with someone in a foreign nation under a completely different set of rules and standards. Apples and oranges.
And yet, the media openly paints the picture that the example of free speech in question is an extremist act, whereas the reaction from the radical Muslim loons - burning a town, killing people - is a reasonable response to said act.

That's laughable. I dont see how anyone decided/said that the reaction is/was reasonable. You're reaching for that.

Also, since we're suppose to be "spreading democracy" and a "better society", shouldn't we be openly shunning this asshole "Christian" on his actions? I say most definitely.
We are aware of the extreme elements of Islam and we should be working together to diplomatically and democratically diffuse it through good relation, not inflammatory, ridiculous and hurtful ways.

I can't believe this needs to be explained.

To me, you're just looking for another reason to hate muslims and paint "liberals" as the "the bad guys".

Last edited:

Forum List

Back