Intolerance vs Tolerance

beowolfe

Aug 3, 2009
What does a tolerant society do, when a portion of that society becomes intolerant? Can you successfully practice tolerance with intolerant people?

What does a tolerant society do, when a portion of that society becomes intolerant? Can you successfully practice tolerance with intolerant people?

Yes. Tolerance has everything to do with your attitude and nothing to do with anyone elses. It doesnt matter what they do, you can be tolerant, if you choose.

But then i reject that tolerance is some overarching virtue that we should all be striving for in the first place. There are some things you shouldn't be tolerant towards.

Yes. Tolerance has everything to do with your attitude and nothing to do with anyone elses. It doesnt matter what they do, you can be tolerant, if you choose.

But then i reject that tolerance is some overarching virtue that we should all be striving for in the first place. There are some things you shouldn't be tolerant towards.

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm pretty intolerant of groups or individuals lopping off other people's head's because they don't believe the way they do.....just something about that just doesn't sit right

images

:dunno:

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm pretty intolerant of groups or individuals lopping off other people's head's because they don't believe the way they do.....just something about that just doesn't sit right

Or torpedoing a ship and killing 34 American sailors and maiming hundreds more in a false flag operation designed to draw America into an Israeli war.

Or torpedoing a ship and killing 34 American sailors and maiming hundreds more in a false flag operation designed to draw America into an Israeli war.

Good grief yes OMG that happens so often that I had completely no really completely forgotten about it.....Ya good call........really?

First you need a tolerant society.
Never heard of one so I can not answer you question

If you are asking about individual tolerance than yes, you can be tolerant among the intolerant.
Ghandi proved that. I myself though am not so good at being tolerant.

If you are asking about individual tolerance than yes, you can be tolerant among the intolerant.

Thanks and great post.

I am under no obligation to tolerate assholes who want me to join their club or, like, die.

Oh, way cool... a Jew hater!

Thanks and great post.

Thank you.

Just felt like actually trying to address the question.

Good grief yes OMG that happens so often that I had completely no really completely forgotten about it.....Ya good call........really?

How soon they forget. Ever heard of the Alamo or Pearl Harbor?

Oh, way cool... a Jew hater!

Jews weren't mentioned, old sport, it seems you are the one who brought them up, not Lasher. You do, however, display the Jewish mind-set by immediately upon hearing criticism of Israel, link it with anti-Semitism. Why are you so touchy on the subject?

Forum List

Back