Radical Islam: Why does the media refuse to focus on it?

What I have noticed is that every time a Christian commits a violent or terrorist act it is said that he is really not a Christian.

But if I Muslim commits a similar criminal act he is held up as a perfect Muslim and representative of Islam

If you were familiar with blowback, you might have a better understanding of why there are Islamic extremists that attack the United States. There is also a lot of history to be learned.

I'll tell you this; Islamic extremists dont attack America because we are free. Islamic extremists are also not the whole of the muslim community. in fact, quite the opposite. Sort of like radical fundemental christians that bomb abortion clinics and kill doctors who perform abortions.

Your question suffers a series of incredibly dichtonomic fallacy.

So does yours pal.

:lol:

A group of Christians in FL burns the Koran.
A group of Muslims in Afghanistan riot, burn things, kill people, etc.
The media focuses on the extremism of the Christians, ignores the extremism of the rioters.

A group of Muslims fly airliners into buildings in NYC and DC
A number of Americans rail against the Muslims who perpetrated said act.
The media focuses on the extremity of those Americans and goes out of its way to paint Islam as a religion of peace.

Why does the media do this?

The MSM is truth-averse.

That's laughable. I dont see how anyone decided/said that the reaction is/was reasonable. You're reaching for that.
Apparently you weren't watching the nres over the weekend.
Heck - Nightline, Friday night, went out of its way to make it VERY clear that the burning and killing was nothting BUT a justified reaction to the buring of the Koran - whcih they openly described at "hateful" and "extreme".

Also, since we're suppose to be "spreading democracy" and a "better society", shouldn't we be openly shunning this asshole "Christian" on his actions? I say most definitely.
Thank you for proving my point - like the media, you're making excuses for the extreme while making light of the minor.

To me, you're just looking for another reason to hate muslims and paint "liberals" as the "the bad guys".
Of course I am - to YOU.
In the greater scheme of things, there's not much meaning to that.

If you see one of these crazy parents kill their kids under the excuse that "God told me" the media would NEVER stoop to calling them "Radical Christian terrorist."
The slant from the media almost always converys that message, if the words are not actually used. Consider the stories of Christians bombing abortion clinics, and then compare them to the stories of radical Muslim loons bombing Israeli school busses.

A muslim does the exact same thing, you can rest assured the media will use the term "Radical muslim terrorist."
And yet, they never, ever, do.

I dunno, seems you're baselessly playing the victim card. Everything in this country is overwhelmingly pro-christian, most obviously government.

The media is about selling it's product, anti-muslim is good for business now, nobody would buy anything from a media source that was anti-christian.

I don't take any story seriously that tries to say a terrible thing something did was done because of their religion. Whether it's a christian or muslim or whatever.

Take religion away from the 9/11 terrorists and they're still monsters, take religion away from a christian who goes on a killing spree and he/she is still a monster.

If islam vanished tonight from everyone's brains there would just be a new excuse found for people to terrorize.

If you were familiar with blowback, you might have a better understanding of why there are Islamic extremists that attack the United States. There is also a lot of history to be learned.

I'll tell you this; Islamic extremists dont attack America because we are free. Islamic extremists are also not the whole of the muslim community. in fact, quite the opposite. Sort of like radical fundemental christians that bomb abortion clinics and kill doctors who perform abortions.

So does yours pal.

Care to elaborate? Or are you simply that unintelligable?

That's laughable. I dont see how anyone decided/said that the reaction is/was reasonable. You're reaching for that.
Heck - Nightline, Friday night, went out of its way to make it VERY clear that the burning and killing was nothting BUT a justified reaction to the buring of the Koran - whcih they openly described at "hateful" and "extreme".

Also, since we're suppose to be "spreading democracy" and a "better society", shouldn't we be openly shunning this asshole "Christian" on his actions? I say most definitely.
Thank you for proving my point - like the media, you're making excuses for the extreme while making light of the minor.
To me, you're just looking for another reason to hate muslims and paint "liberals" as the "the bad guys".
Of course I am - to YOU.

How is being diplomatic and democratic "making excuses"?

What? Should we blow up 1/4 of the population?

Good grief....

If you see one of these crazy parents kill their kids under the excuse that "God told me" the media would NEVER stoop to calling them "Radical Christian terrorist."
The slant from the media almost always converys that message, if the words are not actually used. Consider the stories of Christians bombing abortion clinics, and then compare them to the stories of radical Muslim loons bombing Israeli school busses.

A muslim does the exact same thing, you can rest assured the media will use the term "Radical muslim terrorist."
And yet, they never, ever, do.
I dunno, seems you're baselessly playing the victim card.
Nothing I have said supports this, rendering your response entirely baseless.

It would be nice to see the media treat abhorrent acts the same.
Or even better, to the degree that they are abhorent.
A burned book versus a burned town, and the burned book is the more heinous act?

Consider, too, that the burning of the book was free speech, protected by the US Constitution.

You're trying to compare what someone does in the united states under the guise of free speech with someone in a foreign nation under a completely different set of rules and standards. Apples and oranges.

If the "press" was in the other country, I might agree with you. The fact that the press in this country seems to support the acts of all enemies against us to the point they leave out portions of the stories and twist facts to make it seem that this is the worst country in the world is where I have problems.
Apples and oranges? Are you suggesting that "humans" don't know right from wrong? Are you suggesting that people must be forced into values or morals by a government (because they cannot decide for themselves)?:doubt:

Of course I am - to YOU.
How is being diplomatic and democratic "making excuses"?
What? Should we blow up 1/4 of the population?
Good grief....
Non-sequiter, strawman.
Looks like you're done here.

So does yours pal.

Care to elaborate? Or are you simply that unintelligable?

Nuff said... oh.. the irony.

Last edited:

We are aware of the extreme elements of Islam and we should be working together to diplomatically and democratically diffuse it through good relation, not inflammatory, ridiculous and hurtful ways.

I can't believe this needs to be explained.

Blaming the one that was exercising his freedom of speech for the "actions" of others killing is reasoning the reaction. How can we ever "openly" debate islam if muslims are excited to violence over any person's different opinion (no matter how it is made)?
For you, why we need to debate islam: take a good look at societies where the muslim population is over 50%. They (muslim ruled countries) are not self-supporting and live in absolute misery. As such those countries are a risk to all capital (including food) in the world. These countries support a culture of death and destruction over life and production.

Where are the headless bodies of abortionists killed by people yelling "this is for the Lord"? Where are the "Christians" celebrating in the streets over the murders of abortionists?

US and British forces used as many as 13,000 cluster bombs, containing nearly 2 million sub-munitions. "The use of cluster munitions in populated areas caused more civilian casualties than any other factor in the coalition's conduct of major military operations at that stage of the conflict," the report states.

Cluster Bombs in Iraq: The Deadly Footprint | Common Dreams

Do you think the pilots yell "God is Good, (you fucking radheads..)" when he drops his load?

What I have noticed is that every time a Christian commits a violent or terrorist act it is said that he is really not a Christian.

But if I Muslim commits a similar criminal act he is held up as a perfect Muslim and representative of Islam

I believe the meaning is: the act was not done in the name of the Lord. That is way different than the muslim extremist/terrorist/activist that commits destruction or death in the name of Allah. If you want to prove different, please provide evidence where a Christian committing a crime was yelling "this is for the Lord!!!!".

A Christian committing a crime is unlikely to be a crime committed for the religion. With muslims, that is not so.

Where are the headless bodies of abortionists killed by people yelling "this is for the Lord"? Where are the "Christians" celebrating in the streets over the murders of abortionists?

US and British forces used as many as 13,000 cluster bombs, containing nearly 2 million sub-munitions. "The use of cluster munitions in populated areas caused more civilian casualties than any other factor in the coalition's conduct of major military operations at that stage of the conflict," the report states.

Cluster Bombs in Iraq: The Deadly Footprint | Common Dreams

Do you think the pilots yell "God is Good, (you fucking radheads..)" when he drops his load?

My point: when Christians commit acts of war, it is typically for a defensive reason, it is not murder for their "Lord".
If you disagree, please provide evidence, links that show it is about religion.

A "Christian" that is a soldier for his country is more likely to pray for those that are being attacked. They would welcome them in heaven. Can you find me a muslim that does that?

I believe the meaning is: the act was not done in the name of the Lord. That is way different than the muslim extremist/terrorist/activist that commits destruction or death in the name of Allah. If you want to prove different, please provide evidence where a Christian committing a crime was yelling "this is for the Lord!!!!".

A Christian committing a crime is unlikely to be a crime committed for the religion. With muslims, that is not so.

I'm sorry, you must be really out of touch with history.....remember the crusades....:lol:.

My point: when Christians commit acts of war, it is typically for a defensive reason, it is not murder for their "Lord".
If you disagree, please provide evidence, links that show it is about religion.

A "Christian" that is a soldier for his country is more likely to pray for those that are being attacked. They would welcome them in heaven. Can you find me a muslim that does that?

I an sure that the Native Americans who where basically wiped out by the Christian genocide "in the name of the Lord Jesus" would disagree with you about Christians only fighting defensively. :doubt:

Among a whole host of other atrocities. Sheeple without educations are the fucking problem in this county.

Forum List

Back