Racism Or Human Preference?

Racism Or Human Preference?

• Racism

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Human Preference

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters
Most blacks in the US are from the South and have Southern culture and most of the strains in 'inter-racial' marriage are similar to strains for marriages between people from unassimilated ethnic groups.

I doubt that intermarriage between Palestinians and Isreali Jews is any more or less problematic than between yankee whites and US blacks.

Despite pursuing a racially neutral society, we should still recognise and be willing to discuss ethnic differences.

An interesting point of which I tend to agree. Despite race, people are also products of culture. Eddie Murphy made a joke about it in the movie "Beverly Hills Cops" when he commented that a black L.A. police officer was "talking too white".

Detective Foster: Yeah, and we're not gonna fall for a banana in the tailpipe.
Axel Foley: [mocking him] You're not gonna fall for the banana in the tailpipe? It should be more natural, brother. It should flow out, like this - "Look, man, I ain't fallin' for no banana in my tailpipe!" See, that's more natural for us. You been hanging out with this dude too long.

American blacks, like whites, are products of both the American culture in general, but also the subsets of our culture. I travel around the country quite a bit for my job. Most white Americans speak English, but can you imagine the conversation between a California surfer dude, a Maine lobster fisherman and a Georgia redneck? They are all white, all American, but distinctly different culturally.

You are really are mentally limited.

Amazing. I thought you were playing a game, but you are truly limited in intelligence.

This certainly explains your "limited intelligence" belligerence. OK. Got it.

You didn't ask an adult to help you, did you? That's too bad.

Dude, he is talking about differences in culturenot really race.

Most blacks in the US are from the South and have Southern culture and most of the strains in 'inter-racial' marriage are similar to strains for marriages between people from unassimilated ethnic groups.

I doubt that intermarriage between Palestinians and Isreali Jews is any more or less problematic than between yankee whites and US blacks.

Despite pursuing a racially neutral society, we should still recognise and be willing to discuss ethnic differences.

I think by "ethnic" differences, you meant "cultural" differences: Basically the same thing Ali was talking about in the interview in the OP. The fact is that there are cultural differences that are often dependent on race. Ali believed that ignoring these is stupid, and would result in unsuccessful interacial marriages: The data from numerous studies cited in this thread support his opinion.

The data doesn't identify whether interracial marriages fail because of the cultural differences between couples, or between the couple and society. Ali's opinion was that it didn't matter one way or another WHY interracial marriages are more likely to fail. The fact that they have a greater probability of failing, for him, made the risk too great.

Certain races value marrige more then other races.

Really? I've never seen any scientific data on such a thing. In fact, what I have seen is that cultural differences are the primary variable when it comes to marriage customs.

It's predominantly the more primitive and agricultural cultures which favor marriage and children over the modern and industrialized cultures which favor it less. Statistics of birth rates among the industrialized nations versus developing nations bears this out.

720px-TFR_vs_PPP_2009.svg.png

Really? I've never seen any scientific data on such a thing. In fact, what I have seen is that cultural differences are the primary variable when it comes to marriage customs.

It's predominantly the more primitive and agricultural cultures which favor marriage and children over the modern and industrialized cultures which favor it less. Statistics of birth rates among the industrialized nations versus developing nations bears this out.

While I agree that culture, not "race," is obviously the primary variable when it comes to marriage customs, I don't see the connection between birth rates and marriage: I.E. there are births among unmarried women.

I would rather the arguement that "Certain Races Value Marriage" more than others be relevant to the thread: Ali clearly values marriage very much (see th OP). He values it so much that he explains that he would not marry a white woman because chances are they wouldn't mesh well to begin with, and that the social norms of 1977 would make life miserable for such a couple.

Really? I've never seen any scientific data on such a thing.

Well, everything I've read shows blacks have the highest rate of divorce and the lowest rates of marrige.

Check it out:

Black Men And Divorce: Implications For Culturally Competent Practice | Minority Health Today | Find Articles

Did you understand why the title of the article says "Implications for a Culturally Competent Practice?"

Well, everything I've read shows blacks have the highest rate of divorce and the lowest rates of marrige.
Check it out:
Black Men And Divorce: Implications For Culturally Competent Practice | Minority Health Today | Find Articles
Did you understand why the title of the article says "Implications for a Culturally Competent Practice?"

Agreed, plus the study appears to be done with exclusively with Americans of African-American descent. It's a cultural study, not a racial one. A race study would go across all cultures in order to neutralize the effects of culture. Additionally, such as study would look at all races, not just one. Tank is taking a black car and saying "See? It's black!" Well no shit. If one is claiming a black car is better than a white, red or yellow car, one must look at all the cars for comparison. Not just point at the black one and say "Bad!".

This mixing is based on brainwashed liberal ideas that we are all the same, when in fact we are not all the same. There are many different moral values and nuances that all races have, that makes us different.

We are, in fact, the same. Superficial physical differences are all but meaningless, and there is NO logical relation between the highly dubious notion of 'race' and moral values. To suggest that there is reveals only the kind of weakness and ignorance upon which ill-considered actions have too often been based.

In other words, YOU'RE A COWARD AND A FUCKING MORON.

We are not the same mr. Utopia! There are physiological , genetic, and cultural differences between blacks and whites right here in America.! physical differences are not
superficial, and are not meaningless!. There are many black women who will just not date white men!, is that superficial or meaningless?! no it is not. they have their reaons
for their choice. Many asthetic , and physical reasons come into play into choosing a mate.
We have white men who don't want to date black women also. They have their reasons.
You are the liberal asshole moron , who thinks we are the same. We are not. Wake up
out of your fairy tale dream.

This mixing is based on brainwashed liberal ideas that we are all the same, when in fact we are not all the same. There are many different moral values and nuances that all races have, that makes us different.

We are, in fact, the same. Superficial physical differences are all but meaningless, and there is NO logical relation between the highly dubious notion of 'race' and moral values. To suggest that there is reveals only the kind of weakness and ignorance upon which ill-considered actions have too often been based.

We are not the same mr. Utopia! There are physiological , genetic, and cultural differences between blacks and whites right here in America.! physical differences are not
superficial, and are not meaningless!. There are many black women who will just not date white men!, is that superficial or meaningless?! no it is not. they have their reaons
for their choice. Many asthetic , and physical reasons come into play into choosing a mate.
We have white men who don't want to date black women also. They have their reasons.
You are the liberal asshole moron , who thinks we are the same. We are not. Wake up

:bsflag:

If you want to be real I think Muslims value marriage more than any other people, in Muslim countries if you have sex before marriage you will get arrested and a great value is placed on marriage it is something you are expected to do, I don't see that anymore in the US or any other Western countries.

:bsflag:

What precisely do you find objectionable?

I find a kernal of truth in 52nd Streets remarks (it is a bit ridiculous to insist that blacks are whites), although I'm not aware of the propensity for black females to date white men, the number of interracial marriages IS INCREASING.

Forum List

Back