Racism Or Human Preference?

Racism Or Human Preference?

• Racism

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Human Preference

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters
Because...? And "inter-racial" is unquestionably defined as...? You cannot control for all factors or even clearly define the terms involved, therefore such conclusions are meaningless. This is starting to smell like 'stormfront' statistics.

On this I happen to agree with you. Interracial couples divorce about 10 points higher than do same race couples. Nothing indicates that % difference is racial at all inside the marriage, that is probably from pressure outside the marriage.

If you consider my comments as "stormfront", you are as unstable as I have been suggesting that you are. You are in the same emotional storm boat with JRK, just for different reasons.

As far as the reason for the 10% differential: You are correct in that there is no evidence that it is attributable to internal or external factors. Ali seemed to believe it was BOTH: That culturally, "birds of a feather" would fly together. He also commented that he couldn't imagine any woman of another race being worth the hassel of having to contend with the external societial pressures such a union would face.

So why don't you conclude that sexism is what's behind it all? You're in quicksand here.

Because...? And "inter-racial" is unquestionably defined as...? You cannot control for all factors or even clearly define the terms involved, therefore such conclusions are meaningless. This is starting to smell like 'stormfront' statistics.

On this I happen to agree with you. Interracial couples divorce about 10 points higher than do same race couples. Nothing indicates that % difference is racial at all inside the marriage, that is probably from pressure outside the marriage.

If you consider my comments as "stormfront", you are as unstable as I have been suggesting that you are. You are in the same emotional storm boat with JRK, just for different reasons.

As far as the reason for the 10% differential: You are correct in that there is no evidence that it is attributable to internal or external factors. Ali seemed to believe it was BOTH: That culturally, "birds of a feather" would fly together. He also commented that he couldn't imagine any woman of another race being worth the hassel of having to contend with the external societial pressures such a union would face.

That reminds me of something a friend of mine told me, he joined the Air Force back in the 80s and was stationed at Travis Air Force base which is in the Bay Area in California. At the time there was alot of tension and fights between the Black and White Airmen on base, white troops were harassing and attacking Black Troops who would date white women, my friend said he liked a white female Airman and wanted her, but because of all the tension between the blacks and whites she said they would have to deal with too much and it would be better for them to stick with their own.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drvgUAymSPM]The Jeffersons - George Says "Nigga" (******) - YouTube[/ame]

Go ask an adult to explain to you what those 'quotes' you just cited mean.

You are really are mentally limited.

Amazing. I thought you were playing a game, but you are truly limited in intelligence.

This certainly explains your "limited intelligence" belligerence. OK. Got it.

Amazing. I thought you were playing a game, but you are truly limited in intelligence.

You didn't ask an adult to help you, did you? That's too bad.

You continue to demonstrate your limited intelligence.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0iUu8I3Hhs&feature=related]'Don't Bring A White Boy Home' New Book - HIPHOPNEWS24-7.COM - YouTube[/ame]

I would say it depends on context. For example, if a person say's he/she is not physically attracted to a particular race, I wouldn't say that's racist, but for someone to say they would date a particular race, because of the characteristics (not physical) of that race, then that's racist.

Ali's still very much alive. He was a great boxer and a great man. He's talking about personal preference. That's fine. I think he changed his views somewhat later in life.

In any case he worked tirelessly with charities and is a great humantarian.

Why was he a great man? He bought arrogance into sports...no? He, decided to rot in jail, instead of fight for his country...no? The nation of islam movement has never been a loving and caring movement, and he was a big part of that.

I don't know what he did with charities, but a lot of bad people do work with charities.

Dude, he is talking about differences in culturenot really race.

Most blacks in the US are from the South and have Southern culture and most of the strains in 'inter-racial' marriage are similar to strains for marriages between people from unassimilated ethnic groups.

I doubt that intermarriage between Palestinians and Isreali Jews is any more or less problematic than between yankee whites and US blacks.

Despite pursuing a racially neutral society, we should still recognise and be willing to discuss ethnic differences.

Most blacks in the US are from the South and have Southern culture.

That's a uselessly simplistic comment.

Not sure why you say that, as many blacks are from Jamaica, Africa and other places, but most of the leaders of the black community are ethnically blacks from the south and not from these other places.

Can you explain to me what is so simplistic about what I said?

If you had any sense of the geograpical shifts of the African American population over time you wouldn't need to ask.

If you had any sense of the geograpical shifts of the African American population over time you wouldn't need to ask.

I am aware of that shift, but the origin is still from the South, and black Americans are more 'Southern' than most Southern whites are these days, if you measured by culture.

I still dont see the gist of your comment.

It doesnt serve you well to quickly assume that someone asking you a question is either senseless or simplistic.

If you make simplistic comments (like the ones you just did), that is the logical conclusion.

If you make simplistic comments (like the ones you just did), that is the logical conclusion.

Again, you assert that my statement was simplistic without explanation, which is an unwarranted assertion.

What was simplistic about it? Or do you just want to engage in ad hominem?

Forum List

Back