Racism is just a small part of a greater illness.

D

dhight

Fear. Fear is the driving force behind racism, it's the driving force behind sexism, and it's the driving force behind religion. Fear makes people incapable of objective thought. White people fear that non-whites will gain too much power and somehow change how things work. I hate to tell you, but our entire federal government could be put in the hands of, oh... let's say black people, tomorrow, and not a damned thing would change. We'd still need highways, we'd still need a military, and we'd still need all the other things a nation needs. Nothing would change except the skin color of the people trying to organize all that.
As long as I've already used black people in an example, I want to ask what it is that they may fear. What do you think it is? I gave the answer in the previous sentence, it is the word, "they". It's to never be judged on individual merit, it's to always to always be a part of they, those, or them. For eternity.
Fear is also at the core of sexism, the repression of women. All women, in all cultures, globally, suffer repression to at least some degree. Men subjugate women because they are afraid of losing their power to them. Don't believe me? Let's use the United States as an example. If the men of the United States, were asked if they'd be comfortable with a government formed entirely of women, 99.9% would answer that they would not be comfortable with that thought. Ask the question of yourself, if you answer yourself honestly, you'll know I'm right.
Religion, the greatest fear monger of all, where funny little men, wearing funny little hats, convince masses of otherwise intelligent people to jump through the hoops that they hold. Fear of losing their eternal soul to some unspeakable terror, causes people to follow blindly, a faith they know in their hearts is wrong. Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, they are all wrong, and people know it. Fear though, disables their ability to think clearly. If you don't think that they are wrong, ask yourself why God, and there is a God, would not want women to be a priest, or Islamic cleric or monk. Why would God deem women inferior? You know in your gut He wouldn't.
All these fears though, are still just symptomatic of a greater illness, fear of the future. Don't fear the future, it clouds your mind in the present. I think a lot, I have a background in theatre, and am a published author. My theatre background was on the technical end at a high school performing arts center. I'd help the Director and students with set-building, lighting and sound, but once the show went on, it was all in the students hands, they ran the show. Consequently, I was able to set in the audience and watch dozens upon dozens of plays. Often, the plays presented subject matter I didn't often think about. I found, that I had to clear my mind of all prior prejudices, bias, and preconceptions in order to watch a play and understand the playwrights intent, in order to see the spirit of the play. I've extended that way of thinking objectively in my meetings with people. Men and women of any age, any ethnicity, any sexual orientation, whatever. They are all a wonderful opportunity to use my mind, to listen to their words, to watch their expressions, to find their spirit. Each person I meet is a wonderful show unto themselves for me. An individual to be learned from.
I don't fear anything, least of all the future

LOL,

facts and reality is what drives me idiot...Blacks KILL twice as many whites every year and end up committing 50% of all murder in this country. These people attack whites all the time and yet you blame us for this???

Why shouldn't a white person be fearful??? Dumbass.

LOL,

facts and reality is what drives me idiot...Blacks KILL twice as many whites every year and end up committing 50% of all murder in this country. These people attack whites all the time and yet you blame us for this???

Why shouldn't a white person be fearful??? Dumbass.

so many brainwashed it's getting damn scary now
good frikken grief. like we don't have anything TO FEAR about ANYTHING

I aint fearful, I carry a gun and look forward to the opportunity to do the world a favor. i couldn't care less if he's white, or purple polka dotted, either. Attack me and I'll prove it.

Forum List

Back