Racism at the Root of Second Amendment

Simply more race baiting. Militias defended against Indians, French, Spanish, British, Mexicans, Yankees, and Confederates.

These dumb fucks are making it too easy for the government to say we should be disarmed.
Are you suggesting the government could forcibly collect 350 million guns from 65 million sites? If it's true US crime rates have largely declined over the last 25 years, why do you think anyone is coming for your guns?

No. I don't believe that can happen. I do believe that there are many Americans that do believe that something like that is what the anti gun people want.

These dumb fucks are making it too easy for the government to say we should be disarmed.
Are you suggesting the government could forcibly collect 350 million guns from 65 million sites? If it's true US crime rates have largely declined over the last 25 years, why do you think anyone is coming for your guns?

No. I don't believe that can happen. I do believe that there are many Americans that do believe that something like that is what the anti gun people want.
The following results are from eight months ago.
I haven't found a poll yet asking the question "should all private firearms in the US be confiscated?"
Those who would likely answer "yes" often use Australia as a "gun culture" which outlawed most civilians gun ownership.
Personally, I believe guns are woven into the fabric of the US so tightly you can not remove them from the civilian population without unraveling the nation.

"By Eric Scheiner | October 22, 2015 | 7:01 PM EDT

screen_shot_2015-10-22_at_6.54.17_pm.png

Guns AP Photo
"Over half of Americans oppose stricter gun control laws, according to a new CNN/ORC poll released Wednesday.

"According to CNN, 52% of Americans oppose stricter gun control laws, 6 percentage points more than the 46% of Americans who support such laws.

"The advantage of those opposed to stricter gun control laws over those in favor is outside of the poll's 3-point margin of error."
CNN Poll: Majority of Americans Oppose Gun Laws, Feel Guns Make Public Places Safer

Simply more race baiting. Militias defended against Indians, French, Spanish, British, Mexicans, Yankees, and Confederates.
Dr. Horne might have a short answer to that:

"GERALD HORNE: We should understand that July 4th, 1776, in many ways, represents a counterrevolution. That is to say that what helped to prompt July 4th, 1776, was the perception amongst European settlers on the North American mainland that London was moving rapidly towards abolition. This perception was prompted by Somerset’s case, a case decided in London in June 1772 which seemed to suggest that abolition, which not only was going to be ratified in London itself, was going to cross the Atlantic and basically sweep through the mainland, thereby jeopardizing numerous fortunes, not only based upon slavery, but the slave trade. That’s the short answer."
"Counter-Revolution of 1776": Was U.S. Independence War a Conservative Revolt in Favor of Slavery? | Democracy Now!

Racism at the Root...

"Counter-Revolution of 1776": Was U.S. Independence War a Conservative Revolt in Favor of Slavery? | Democracy Now!

"JUAN GONZÁLEZ: And, Gerald Horne, as a result of that, during the American Revolution, what was the perception or the attitude of the African slaves in the U.S. to that conflict? You also—you talk about, during the colonial times, many slaves preferred to flee to the Spanish colonies or the French colonies, rather than to stay in the American colonies of England.

"GERALD HORNE: You are correct. The fact of the matter is, is that Spain had been arming Africans since the 1500s. And indeed, because Spain was arming Africans and then unleashing them on mainland colonies, particularly South Carolina, this put competitive pressure on London to act in a similar fashion. The problem there was, is that the mainland settlers had embarked on a project and a model of development that was inconsistent with arming Africans. Indeed, their project was involved in enslaving and manacling every African in sight. This deepens the schism between the colonies and the metropolis—that is to say, London—thereby helping to foment a revolt against British rule in 1776.

"It’s well known that more Africans fought alongside of the Redcoats—fought alongside the Redcoats than fought with the settlers. And this is understandable, because if you think about it for more than a nanosecond, it makes little sense for slaves to fight alongside slave masters so that slave masters could then deepen the persecution of the enslaved and, indeed, as happened after 1776, bring more Africans to the mainland, bring more Africans to Cuba, bring more Africans to Brazil, for their profit."

Forum List

Back