Racial Microaggressions

IM2 does not appear to be in need of any "teaching" from you.

So true.

He should enroll in the sixth grade at a public school of his choice and pay attention this time.
You are entitled to your opinion. I think the problem is that IM2 makes certain thin skinned individuals here uncomfortable because he does not mince any words.
the OP/thread is stupid
I guess if I order vanilla instead of chocolate, that's a micro-aggression
if I use salt instead of pepper
if I dream of a white Christmas
if I wear a white t-shirt

and I don't speak jive-- [ I can't understand some blacks ]

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I didn't start the thread. And that aside, I have been to nearly every state in this country and have encountered people of ALL races that ccould not speak a sentence of intelligent English.

I am no authority on anyone except MYSELF. So dream of your "white" Christmas, wear your "white" tee shirts and please, pour as much salt on everything that you wish to.
I dont care.

I MUST be a dumbass---it says who started the thread right there!!! boy--what an idiot I am :rolleyes-41:
I know who started the thread

No one called you a dumbass. You think it is a stupid thread? Why tell me?

IM2 does not appear to be in need of any "teaching" from you.

So true.

He should enroll in the sixth grade at a public school of his choice and pay attention this time.
You are entitled to your opinion. I think the problem is that IM2 makes certain thin skinned individuals here uncomfortable because he does not mince any words.

You support the notion of micro mini, infinitisimally teensie aggressions and then whine about the white targets of this agitprop technique as being the ones who are thin skinned.

Thanks for the laugh!

The laugh is on you. You do not have any idea "what I support" nor what I don't.

Steve, I just wanted to take a moment to let you know that I'm not really laughing with you, I'm laughing at you.

I hope that helps, because I can tell you have very delicate sensibilities.

Delicate sensibilities, in a forum full of strangers? Try again dude

Lol

Microaggressions
Acts or words that are perceived to be insulting by a person who is looking to be insulted, whether or not that was the intent of the transgressor.
Usually a symptom of a persecution complex. (n)

Person 1: "Hey I'm hungry, do you want to go to KFC for lunch?"
Person 2: "What? You think I want to eat fried chicken JUST BECAUSE I'M BLACK?"
Person 1: "Wha? No, I just..."
Person 2: "You can take your microaggressions and shove them, you racist SOB.

Lol

Microaggressions
Acts or words that are perceived to be insulting by a person who is looking to be insulted, whether or not that was the intent of the transgressor.

In all fairness, the OP is older, and read an article by some young girl.

I wish I would have found that definition much earlier!

another DUMBASS thread
when you tell someone they speak English well--that's a COMPLIMENT
I can understand foreigners better than some blacks

considering blacks graduate at lower levels, I always ask my black 'friends' ''are you the first of your family to graduate''?? they don't seem to mind.... their answer is usually ''no, I didn't graduate''

Then you have some low class "black friends".

Birds of a feather?
actually I don't have any black friends Mr Dumbass
hahahahhahahahahahahahahahah
the facts remain--blacks graduate at lower levels

The facts remain that whites commit the most crime and have been historically the most criminal and violent race in this country.
The author of So You Want To Talk About Race also addresses crime:
"The belief that black people and people of color are more dangerous, unpredictable and violent is not something that I believe most police officers (and other Americans) even know they believe. But they do believe it deep down. Implicit bias is the beliefs that sit in the back of your brain and inform your actions without your explicit knowledge.

I would be remiss if I did not acknowledge that there is higher crime in some cities where larger minority populations live. Yes, black men are more likely to commit a violent offense than white men. No, this is not "black-on-black" or "brown-on-brown" crime. Those terms are 100 percent racist. It's crime. We don't call what happens in white communities "white-on-white" crime, even though the majority of crimes against white people are perpetrated by other white people.

Crime is a problem within communities. And communities with higher poverty, fewer jobs and less infrastructure are going to have higher crime, regardless of race. When the average black American has one-thirteenth the net worth and the average Hispanic American has one-tenth the net worth of the average white American, and when the poverty rate among Native Americans is over three times that of whites, it is a strong bet that neighborhoods of color are more likely to be poor neighborhoods with higher crime and that higher-priced neighborhoods with easier access to jobs and more funding for education that lead to less crime would be more likely to be populated by comparatively wealthier white people.

Crime is communities of color is often compounded by the contentious relationship with police. Our police force was not created to serve black Americans; it was created to police black Americans and serve white Americans. Our police forces were created not to protect Americans of color, but to control Americans of color. People of color were seen by the police as an inconvenience at best, and a threat at worst, but never as people to protect and serve. This desire to control the behavior of people of color along with disregard for the lives of people of color has been woven throughout the history of American policing. This general attitude toward communities of color was also built into police training and police culture, and strong remnants of that remain today."

Delores, the numbers do not support what you say about crime so then you are remiss in saying what you said. But that's really the only disagreement I have with what you have said.
My last post, to which you refer, I think, was all quoted from the book. They were not my words. They were the author's thoughts on crime.

Then you have some low class "black friends".

Birds of a feather?

The facts remain that whites commit the most crime and have been historically the most criminal and violent race in this country.
"The belief that black people and people of color are more dangerous, unpredictable and violent is not something that I believe most police officers (and other Americans) even know they believe. But they do believe it deep down. Implicit bias is the beliefs that sit in the back of your brain and inform your actions without your explicit knowledge.

I would be remiss if I did not acknowledge that there is higher crime in some cities where larger minority populations live. Yes, black men are more likely to commit a violent offense than white men. No, this is not "black-on-black" or "brown-on-brown" crime. Those terms are 100 percent racist. It's crime. We don't call what happens in white communities "white-on-white" crime, even though the majority of crimes against white people are perpetrated by other white people.

Crime is a problem within communities. And communities with higher poverty, fewer jobs and less infrastructure are going to have higher crime, regardless of race. When the average black American has one-thirteenth the net worth and the average Hispanic American has one-tenth the net worth of the average white American, and when the poverty rate among Native Americans is over three times that of whites, it is a strong bet that neighborhoods of color are more likely to be poor neighborhoods with higher crime and that higher-priced neighborhoods with easier access to jobs and more funding for education that lead to less crime would be more likely to be populated by comparatively wealthier white people.

Crime is communities of color is often compounded by the contentious relationship with police. Our police force was not created to serve black Americans; it was created to police black Americans and serve white Americans. Our police forces were created not to protect Americans of color, but to control Americans of color. People of color were seen by the police as an inconvenience at best, and a threat at worst, but never as people to protect and serve. This desire to control the behavior of people of color along with disregard for the lives of people of color has been woven throughout the history of American policing. This general attitude toward communities of color was also built into police training and police culture, and strong remnants of that remain today."
the police have a lot more to do than to harass people
sure, some do...they are humans and are not perfect
--but it's not a chronic major problem
Not to serve black Americans? Really? What about the black cops? So many anti-cop posts are done as if the entire American police forces were white only. Yes, there are rogue cops, there is bad and good in everything. Why do people resist arrest or not do as told by law enforcement?
The author of the book I started this thread about shared several stories about when she or family members got pulled over by the police. Then she says this: (I"m going to try to always put in quotes AND italicize her words so they will be recognized as such).

"So maybe that time I got pulled over wasn't about race. Maybe the time I'd been pulled over before that wasn't about race. Maybe even the time before that." But those who demand the smoking gun of a racial slur or swastika or burning cross before they will believe that an individual encounter with the police might be about race are ignoring what we know and what the numbers are bearing out: something is going on and it is not right. We are being targeted. And you can try to explain away one statistic due to geography, one away due to income - you can find reasons for numbers all day. But the fact remains - all across the country, in every type of neighborhood, people of color are being disproportionately criminalized. This is not all in our heads.

And I'm not sure what's worse, the fear and anxiety and fatigue brought on by yet another encounter with an officer that you are hoping and praying to make it out of intact, or the never-ending denial by the rest of society of the fear and anxiety and fatigue you experience as a valid response to the near-constant reminder that those assigned and empowered to protect you see your skin color as evidence of wrongdoing, and could take your freedom and even your life at any time, with no recourse."

This author also explains that our police forces were born from Night Patrols, who had the principal task of controlling black and Native American populations and later of catching escaped slaves and sending them back to their slave masters. Those Night Patrols turned into the country's first police forces. They were used not just to combat crime but to return black Americans to slavery and control and intimidate free blacks. Police were rightfully feared by black Americans.

In the post-reconstruction south, local police sometimes joined in terrorizing black communities. Through the Jim Crow era and the civil rights movement, it was well known that many police officers were members of the KKK. Through much of the 18th , 19th and 20th centuries, American police forces were one of the greatest threats to the safety of black Americans.

She writes: "It is understandable then that the fear and mistrust of police are also woven throughout the history of communities of color, especially black America. The trauma from police brutality has been felt over multiple generations. The generational wounds of police brutality and oppression have not healed, because the brutality and oppression is still happening, even if cops are no longer wearing white hoods or letting their attack dogs loose on us.

This is not to say that the majority of our police officers are racist, hateful monsters. When looking at anti-black bias in police actions, we are looking at the product of police cultural history that has always viewed black Americans as adversaries, and of a popular culture that has always portrayed black Americans as violent criminals not worthy of protection. From our books, TV shows and movies, to our crime focus on news programs - the narrative of the black brute is as strong now as it was when Birth of a Nation was released in 1915.

We hear this repeated in the language of our TV pundits and our politicians. Who will do something about this inner-city crime? Who will keep our streets safe from these thugs? Who will protect us from these super-predators? The belief that black people still need to be controlled by police is promoted by our politicians and funded by our taxpayers."

As an older, white person, I have been moved by this young black author's writing. She is honestly opening up and sharing her pain and asking us to try and understand. Her experiences and her beliefs are just as valid as mine or anyone else's. Some folks are always asking for stats and proof of things. Sometimes we just need to listen with our hearts and stop being so critical of someone who sees and experiences the world differently than we do.

Lol

Microaggressions

Actually, I read her entire book. And I like THIS definition:

mi·cro·ag·gres·sion
ˌmīkrōəˈɡreSHən/
noun
plural noun: microaggressions
  1. a statement, action, or incident regarded as an instance of indirect, subtle, or unintentional discrimination against members of a marginalized group such as a racial or ethnic minority.
    • indirect, subtle, or unintentional discrimination against members of a marginalized group.

Not to serve black Americans? Really? What about the black cops? So many anti-cop posts are done as if the entire American police forces were white only. Yes, there are rogue cops, there is bad and good in everything. Why do people resist arrest or not do as told by law enforcement?
The author of the book I started this thread about shared several stories about when she or family members got pulled over by the police. Then she says this: (I"m going to try to always put in quotes AND italicize her words so they will be recognized as such).

"So maybe that time I got pulled over wasn't about race. Maybe the time I'd been pulled over before that wasn't about race. Maybe even the time before that." But those who demand the smoking gun of a racial slur or swastika or burning cross before they will believe that an individual encounter with the police might be about race are ignoring what we know and what the numbers are bearing out: something is going on and it is not right. We are being targeted. And you can try to explain away one statistic due to geography, one away due to income - you can find reasons for numbers all day. But the fact remains - all across the country, in every type of neighborhood, people of color are being disproportionately criminalized. This is not all in our heads.

And I'm not sure what's worse, the fear and anxiety and fatigue brought on by yet another encounter with an officer that you are hoping and praying to make it out of intact, or the never-ending denial by the rest of society of the fear and anxiety and fatigue you experience as a valid response to the near-constant reminder that those assigned and empowered to protect you see your skin color as evidence of wrongdoing, and could take your freedom and even your life at any time, with no recourse."

This author also explains that our police forces were born from Night Patrols, who had the principal task of controlling black and Native American populations and later of catching escaped slaves and sending them back to their slave masters. Those Night Patrols turned into the country's first police forces. They were used not just to combat crime but to return black Americans to slavery and control and intimidate free blacks. Police were rightfully feared by black Americans.

In the post-reconstruction south, local police sometimes joined in terrorizing black communities. Through the Jim Crow era and the civil rights movement, it was well known that many police officers were members of the KKK. Through much of the 18th , 19th and 20th centuries, American police forces were one of the greatest threats to the safety of black Americans.

She writes: "It is understandable then that the fear and mistrust of police are also woven throughout the history of communities of color, especially black America. The trauma from police brutality has been felt over multiple generations. The generational wounds of police brutality and oppression have not healed, because the brutality and oppression is still happening, even if cops are no longer wearing white hoods or letting their attack dogs loose on us.

This is not to say that the majority of our police officers are racist, hateful monsters. When looking at anti-black bias in police actions, we are looking at the product of police cultural history that has always viewed black Americans as adversaries, and of a popular culture that has always portrayed black Americans as violent criminals not worthy of protection. From our books, TV shows and movies, to our crime focus on news programs - the narrative of the black brute is as strong now as it was when Birth of a Nation was released in 1915.

We hear this repeated in the language of our TV pundits and our politicians. Who will do something about this inner-city crime? Who will keep our streets safe from these thugs? Who will protect us from these super-predators? The belief that black people still need to be controlled by police is promoted by our politicians and funded by our taxpayers."

As an older, white person, I have been moved by this young black author's writing. She is honestly opening up and sharing her pain and asking us to try and understand. Her experiences and her beliefs are just as valid as mine or anyone else's. Some folks are always asking for stats and proof of things. Sometimes we just need to listen with our hearts and stop being so critical of someone who sees and experiences the world differently than we do.
I don't doubt that she has had bad experiences, cares or concerns. By the same token, a lot of blacks don't understand why some whites are afraid of black neighborhoods. What we see in the news, on the street corners, etc. Some neighborhoods are dangerous, white people are not making this up. The most dangerous neighborhoods are not white neighborhoods. Of course, certain black posters will call me racist for this, which is false. It is from experience. Trying to protect my family from harm is not racist. Blacks are not the only criminals. Where I live, white crime is not as dangerous. Everyone should be able to understand why cops are suspicious when the crime stats are scary. Not all cops are good, there are bad ones too. Not all blacks are bad, not all whites are good. Nobody wants to hear anything from a white person's personal experience on these boards.

What it boils down to is the innocent blacks are afraid of bad white cops and racists, the innocent whites are afraid of the bad black criminals. This is where the stereotypes come from.

Today is January 27, 2018. Millions of African Americans across the US have never been to jail unless it is work related. Millions of African Americans across the US do not live in a ghetto.

We all know what day it is. .And on this day we have a white racist presiding over this country.

And he will be there for the next 3 years. So, what the hell are you going to do in the mean time? This? It's an inadequate response and you aren't addressing any of the issues that brought him in.

I said what I did because your statement assumes things that are not so, and infers hat all such things mentioned about white racism are in e past. So them in order for you up understand how silly your comment was I stated that a white racist is in office now which would mean to anyone who has good sense that racism by whites is very much a current problem. The main issue that bought him in was white racism so the issue is being addressed..
No.

You said what you did because you don't have an adequate response and it is easier for you to respond to extremism.You shifted topics because what I said is true and you had backed yourself into a corner. In doing so, you find yourself defending things that you ordinarily would not.

You pretend that all blacks live in the ghetto and all blacks are entangled in the criminal justice system. Then you can feel self righteous about a fictive situation where people respond to the all blacks live in the ghetto and are entangled in the criminal justice system. Now you don't have to deal with the actual issues and you don't have to come up with any solutions.

I said what I did for the reasons I stated not for the reasons your dumb ass imagines. I know what the issues are. You imagine you do.

No. If you had, you would have recognized the only reason Trump won is due to the prior 3 election cycles through out the States where the Democratic Party lost. The only thing you managed to demonstrate regarding your knowledge of the issues is that racism is a political party.

Until you manage to demonstrate more than that, you deserve nothing more than to be locked into the bullshit back and forth of white v black violent crime rates. Enjoy your Harmonica dipshitery, you have earned it!

Nobody wants to hear anything from a white person's personal experience on these boards.

When I told of the awful things my own child experienced in the Oakland school district, I was taunted by one poster who said he was glad the poor little guy was at the receiving end of racism, had one mod threaten to ban me for objecting to such an attack on my child on this board, and had another mod blame me by saying if I didn't want my child attacked, I shouldn't have told about his experiences.

How disgusting that people are so conditioned to see racism as a one way street that they cannot even bring themselves to sympathize with a child and think he is somehow to blame for being born white.

I don't doubt that she has had bad experiences, cares or concerns. By the same token, a lot of blacks don't understand why some whites are afraid of black neighborhoods. What we see in the news, on the street corners, etc. Some neighborhoods are dangerous, white people are not making this up. The most dangerous neighborhoods are not white neighborhoods. Of course, certain black posters will call me racist for this, which is false. It is from experience. Trying to protect my family from harm is not racist. Blacks are not the only criminals. Where I live, white crime is not as dangerous. Everyone should be able to understand why cops are suspicious when the crime stats are scary. Not all cops are good, there are bad ones too. Not all blacks are bad, not all whites are good. Nobody wants to hear anything from a white person's personal experience on these boards.

So explain to us why blacks would be scared of white neighborhoods molly? Because we are. Yes white people are making it up. You see very little of what goes on in these neighborhoods and you deem them dangerous. You say the most dangerous neighborhoods are not white. On what factual basis can you say that?. The crime stats say whites commit 70 percent of all crimes. The crime stats show that whites lead in every category of crime but 3 out of 30. And whites are responsible for a lot of crime in black communities. Who owns the gun stores/manufacturing companies? Who owns the distribution channels for the drugs that get shipped into the black community? Blacks don't own an airline, a trucking/transit company or a shipping line. You are ignorant to these facts Molly. Yet you continue to argue a racist argument while claiming you aren't a racist. Malcolm X said it years ago about whites. They put the drugs in your community then arrest you for using them. He said that from his experience as a numbers runner. There is so much you don't know Molly but you argue with those who do then get upset because you get told when you get shown that you don't know. We hear from white peoples experiences all over the place here Molly. You say the same thing as the rest of the racists and yet you want to declare how what you say isn't racist. WE are the ones not being listened to Molly, not whites.

Last edited:
We all know what day it is. .And on this day we have a white racist presiding over this country.

And he will be there for the next 3 years. So, what the hell are you going to do in the mean time? This? It's an inadequate response and you aren't addressing any of the issues that brought him in.

I said what I did because your statement assumes things that are not so, and infers hat all such things mentioned about white racism are in e past. So them in order for you up understand how silly your comment was I stated that a white racist is in office now which would mean to anyone who has good sense that racism by whites is very much a current problem. The main issue that bought him in was white racism so the issue is being addressed..
No.

You said what you did because you don't have an adequate response and it is easier for you to respond to extremism.You shifted topics because what I said is true and you had backed yourself into a corner. In doing so, you find yourself defending things that you ordinarily would not.

You pretend that all blacks live in the ghetto and all blacks are entangled in the criminal justice system. Then you can feel self righteous about a fictive situation where people respond to the all blacks live in the ghetto and are entangled in the criminal justice system. Now you don't have to deal with the actual issues and you don't have to come up with any solutions.

I said what I did for the reasons I stated not for the reasons your dumb ass imagines. I know what the issues are. You imagine you do.

No. If you had, you would have recognized the only reason Trump won is due to the prior 3 election cycles through out the States where the Democratic Party lost. The only thing you managed to demonstrate regarding your knowledge of the issues is that racism is a political party.

Until you manage to demonstrate more than that, you deserve nothing more than to be locked into the bullshit back and forth of white v black violent crime rates. Enjoy your Harmonica dipshitery, you have earned it!

I've actually seen how the politics in his nation has been going on seriously since 1980 and really from the time I was a child. I've watch for the past 38 years how whites have voted against their best interests because they feel they are losing something they haven't lost. I know what I'm talking about, You imagine you know.

Nobody wants to hear anything from a white person's personal experience on these boards.

When I told of the awful things my own child experienced in the Oakland school district, I was taunted by one poster who said he was glad the poor little guy was at the receiving end of racism, had one mod threaten to ban me for objecting to such an attack on my child on this board, and had another mod blame me by saying if I didn't want my child attacked, I shouldn't have told about his experiences.

How disgusting that people are so conditioned to see racism as a one way street that they cannot even bring themselves to sympathize with a child and think he is somehow to blame for being born white.

You guys are here posting volumes of racism and then cry about how no one wants to hear from whites. It's stupid. What's disgusting is that what you whites call racism isn't even racism. You post up racism consistently and cannot understand how a person could tell you they are happy your child faced racism after you taught that kid racism yourself.

hahaha--yes ---we should not listen to the facts--as usual with the blacks

You guys are here posting volumes of racism and then cry about how no one wants to hear from whites. It's stupid. What's disgusting is that what you whites call racism isn't even racism. You post up racism consistently and cannot understand how a person could tell you they are happy your child faced racism after you taught that kid racism yourself.
I haven' taught my daughter racism. She is a wonderful, loving person.

I have posted nothing racist, you utter piece of excrement.

No.

I've actually seen how the politics in his nation has been going on seriously since 1980 and really from the time I was a child. I've watch for the past 38 years how whites have voted against their best interests because they feel they are losing something they haven't lost. I know what I'm talking about, You imagine you know.
The Winthrop Society: Descendants of the Great Migration
Query. How do you take a group of black and white indentured servants that have spent years living together, having children together etc. to turn against each other?

First comes the act then the justification. Native Americans knew the land too well and could easily escape. White people all looked alike. How are you going to differentiate between a white slave and a white slave owner? A white slave would just blend in with the crowd. Tag black people are it. Years were spent dehumanizing black people, in order to, make it kosher. Racism was created. A much shorter time then the few hundred years to undo that damage and you still have your Richard Spencers.

And do you know what is remarkable in this? The Civil Rights Movement, like all other movements in the US and definitely in other countries, was shaped by "middle class blacks" because there were African Americans that were terrified of the repercussions and because you can't fight when you are living hand to mouth.

And the ruling elite have been playing a divide and conquer strategy ever since the first act:Asians against blacks, blacks against whites, undocumented workers against blacks, whites against undocumented workers, whites against Asians, whites and blacks against biracial people. Everybody against Native Americans. The coast against the Midwest. City v rural. State v Federal. Teachers v parents. Divide, divide divide. And do you know why? Because if we are at each others throats then we aren't paying attention to what is really going on. There is no belonging. Nobody is supposed to belong.

But, you have seriously been watching politics since 1980 and you have racism down to a political party.
Fuck off with that shit, man.

Lol

Microaggressions

In all fairness, the author of the book itself is in her thirties and is regurgitating information or "dumbing it down".
Students See Many Slights as Racial ‘Microaggressions’

In all fairness it may be part of her own quest for understanding and trying to make a buck. You can do both.

The irritant in all of this is the concept that we are where we were fifty years ago. Diversity coming to your family....soonly.

The nonverbal microaggressions? What exactly do you call it when a white person is followed around a store or confused as someone who works there or treated as if you can't afford what is in a high end store? White people have no idea they are doing it. It's super secret code. So super secret they do the same shit to other white people just to keep everybody off balance. Come on now.

I haven' taught my daughter racism. She is a wonderful, loving person.

We know Molly. You just teach your kids how black neighborhoods are more violent and unsafe but that's not racism.

Forum List

Back