Racial Discernment

So let's see. You are standing in a 7-11 purchasing a soft drink. Four thuggish looking (pants down around their knees, bandanas, oversized jackets, etc) guys come in and spread out. You see them looking around nodding at each other as they walk around the store. One walks out the door and stands there, blocking anyone from coming in. The other three come to the counter, hands in pockets.

Do you get nervous?
Sure...wouldn't you? Or would you only get nervous if they were of a certain ethnic heritage?

Thugs are thugs.

So let's see. You are standing in a 7-11 purchasing a soft drink. Four thuggish looking (pants down around their knees, bandanas, oversized jackets, etc) guys come in and spread out. You see them looking around nodding at each other as they walk around the store. One walks out the door and stands there, blocking anyone from coming in. The other three come to the counter, hands in pockets.

Do you get nervous?
Sure...wouldn't you? Or would you only get nervous if they were of a certain ethnic heritage?

Thugs are thugs.

I would be very nervous. In fact, I would have walked out as soon as they walked in.

Yes. Thugs are thugs.

Thug profiling?

Do you get nervous?

Thugs are thugs.

I would be very nervous. In fact, I would have walked out as soon as they walked in.

Yes. Thugs are thugs.

Thug profiling?
lol...even thug look a likes get a bad rap. But that is probably their own fault.

I'm not proud of it, but I'm guilty of bum profiling. The other day, i saw this drunk guy in the store and I was a little nervous. Turned out he had money and had trouble operating the interact thing. I felt really bad after.

I'm not proud of it, but I'm guilty of bum profiling. The other day, i saw this drunk guy in the store and I was a little nervous. Turned out he had money and had trouble operating the interact thing. I felt really bad after.

But you got over it, right?

But you got over it, right?

Totally.

(I still can't believe that guy even had a bank account!)

Good. As long as you have learned something, it wasn't for naught.

(but I wouldn't go helping the next bum you saw at the interact thing...you know...just in case)

Forum List

Back