Rachel Held Evans, Progressive Christian Writer, Dead at 37

SweetSue92

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2018
USA
I'm not sure how many here were familiar with her. I've been familiar for years, though to be honest I've never read one of her books all the way through.

I disagreed with her fundamentally on every issue of the faith, for the most part. She had issue with the "patriarchy" in the church, gay marriage, Donald Trump, you name it. The typical Leftist issues, only in the church. She took many people with her.

Yet she was 37 and leaves behind a husband, a three year old son and a nearly one year old daughter. Very sad.

Rachel Held Evans, the Hugely Popular Christian Writer Who Challenged the Evangelical Establishment, Is Dead at 37

how sad....i knew who is was and have read the book...a year of living for a biblical women

Tragic. She had seizures apparently--a response to some antibiotics she took. They put her in a medically induced coma and when they tried to bring her out of it, there was nothing they could do....her brain swelled. Just awful.

how sad....i knew who is was and have read the book...a year of living for a biblical women

Tragic. She had seizures apparently--a response to some antibiotics she took. They put her in a medically induced coma and when they tried to bring her out of it, there was nothing they could do....her brain swelled. Just awful.

You said her brain swelled and falling 30 feet onto concrete will kill you outright or make your brain swell which also kills you under extreme pain.

You said her brain swelled and falling 30 feet onto concrete will kill you outright or make your brain swell which also kills you under extreme pain.

.........okay

.........okay

Just the facts ma'am.

She must have been particularly favoured by YHWH to join him so early.

No young child should lose a parent, particularly their mother.

I'm not sure how many here were familiar with her. I've been familiar for years, though to be honest I've never read one of her books all the way through.

I disagreed with her fundamentally on every issue of the faith, for the most part. She had issue with the "patriarchy" in the church, gay marriage, Donald Trump, you name it. The typical Leftist issues, only in the church. She took many people with her.

Yet she was 37 and leaves behind a husband, a three year old son and a nearly one year old daughter. Very sad.

Yeah, weird that you are starting a thread to celebrate her death.. Oh, wait, forgot who I was talking to.

Jesus was about hating Gays and Mexicans. How dare this woman say otherwise.

Rachel Held Evans, the Hugely Popular Christian Writer Who Challenged the Evangelical Establishment, Is Dead at 37

Never knew of her, but she sounds like my type of Christian.

Yeah, weird that you are starting a thread to celebrate her death.. Oh, wait, forgot who I was talking to.

Jesus was about hating Gays and Mexicans. How dare this woman say otherwise.
Who is celebrating?

She was an infiltrator, attacking and undermining the Church from within its walls.

She led a lot of people right into heresy, Penny.

So you're right

So you're right

Yes heresy is a better place to be than sitting on a throne judging everyone.

So you're right

That's one of the most self-unaware posts you've ever made. And considering your post history, that's stunning, Penny.

No one--but no one--is more judgmental than the modern Left. But you could never arrive at that conclusion Penny because you would have to think through it for yourself. Your Overlords told you Christians are Judgmental so you just repeat it--meanwhile, you judge EVERYONE.

Like the MAGA hat wearing boy, just yesterday

So you're right

That's one of the most self-unaware posts you've ever made. And considering your post history, that's stunning, Penny.

No one--but no one--is more judgmental than the modern Left. But you could never arrive at that conclusion Penny because you would have to think through it for yourself. Your Overlords told you Christians are Judgmental so you just repeat it--meanwhile, you judge EVERYONE.

So you're right

No one is more judgmental than the evangelicals and hypocritical at the same time.

Last edited:

So you're right

I would of grounded the kid if he were mine, instead the parents are trying to enrich themselves. History, I prefer to include everyone who ide

So you're right

No one is more judgmental than the evangelicals and hypocritical at the same time.

More stunning lack of self-awareness

totally judged a person you do not know

Proclaimed that evangelicals are judgmental. Sure Penny. Sure.

So you're right

Islamophobic Twat pines for the days when they burned "Heretics".

She was an infiltrator, attacking and undermining the Church from within its walls.

That's an interesting view. Here's the problem with that. At some point, your church got to the point where it thought it was acceptable for pedophile priests to confess their perverted acts to other priests, get moved around to other churches, and start the cycle all over again.

Of course, Ms. Evans was critical of Evangelical Churches, not the Catholic one.

The fact is, you Christians have been disagreeing among yourselves for centuries about what the bible actually says. 2000 years of heresies, Holy Wars, Reformations, Counter-reformations, Inquisitions, schisms... and you've all gotten to the point where you can sit down at the Interfaith Pancake Breakfast and not kill each other, so I guess that is progress.

Forum List

Back