(R) Senator Tim Scott Blasts Democratic 'Race-Baiting'...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
WTG Tim! Go get em.

Sen. Tim Scott (R-South Carolina), the first black senator elected in the South since the Reconstruction era, is no fan of racially tinged Democratic attacks on his party.

"The lowest common denominator of fear and race-baiting is something that the other party has tried to do, and the voters said 'No.' They rejected this," Scott said during a Wednesday night interview on Fox News' "Hannity."

Scott, who won his re-election bid Tuesday, was responding to recent remarks by Rep. Charlie Rangel (D-New York) that have directly connected some Republicans to confederates. He dismissed Rangel's comments as "ridiculous" and argued that the past few election cycles proved Southern politics had changed.

"If you look at [Gov.] Bobby Jindal in Louisiana — a person of color. Look at my governor, Nikki Haley — a person of color. And now myself. The South has made so much progress. And the best thing that folks like Mr. Rangel can say is that he's going to harken back to a 100 years ago, or 70 ago. Let's talk about tomorrow," Scott said.

Scott is one of only two African-American members of the Senate along with New Jersey Democrat Cory Booker...

Read more: Tim Scott Blasts Democratic Race-Baiting - Business Insider
DRUDGE REPORT 2014

WTG Tim! Go get em.

Sen. Tim Scott (R-South Carolina), the first black senator elected in the South since the Reconstruction era, is no fan of racially tinged Democratic attacks on his party.

"The lowest common denominator of fear and race-baiting is something that the other party has tried to do, and the voters said 'No.' They rejected this," Scott said during a Wednesday night interview on Fox News' "Hannity."

Scott, who won his re-election bid Tuesday, was responding to recent remarks by Rep. Charlie Rangel (D-New York) that have directly connected some Republicans to confederates. He dismissed Rangel's comments as "ridiculous" and argued that the past few election cycles proved Southern politics had changed.

"If you look at [Gov.] Bobby Jindal in Louisiana — a person of color. Look at my governor, Nikki Haley — a person of color. And now myself. The South has made so much progress. And the best thing that folks like Mr. Rangel can say is that he's going to harken back to a 100 years ago, or 70 ago. Let's talk about tomorrow," Scott said.

Scott is one of only two African-American members of the Senate along with New Jersey Democrat Cory Booker...

DRUDGE REPORT 2014

The GOP's got their very own House N**ger.

Step and fetch it boy, step and fetch.

uncle-tom-little-eva.jpg

WTG Tim! Go get em.

DRUDGE REPORT 2014

uncle-tom-little-eva.jpg

So predictable. You guys are just plain lame at this point.

WTG Tim! Go get em.

DRUDGE REPORT 2014

uncle-tom-little-eva.jpg

We're racists too, which is why blacks overwhelmingly vote republican.

WTG Tim! Go get em.

DRUDGE REPORT 2014

uncle-tom-little-eva.jpg

No. We are not lame. hazlnut is lame. Get it right.

Forum List

Back