Zone1 First Government leader to visit Pastor Brooks/Woodlawn Chicago is REPUBLICAN Tim Scott.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
All the great work Pastor Brooks has been doing for the forgotten Chicago inner city is finally being recognized by a government leader. And it is NOT a Democrat. But who is surprised since Democrats have completely ignored the hell hole of Chicago's inner cities. Obama lived there for years and never said a word about them. Kudos to Tim Scott for acknowledging Project H.O.O.D and the under construction jobs/community center:

Special Announcement: Senator Tim Scott to Visit Woodlawn!
πŸ“£

Dear Community Members and Friends,

We are delighted to announce that Senator Tim Scott of South Carolina is the first presidential candidate to honor us by accepting our invitation to visit the Woodlawn community.
🌟

πŸ—“οΈ
Date and Venue
πŸ—“οΈ

Mark your calendars for Monday, October 23rd, at 2 PM. The event will be hosted at New Beginnings Church of Chicago. Your attendance can make this event a watershed moment for our community.

🀝
Why This Matters
🀝

Inviting national candidates to our community is not merely symbolic; it offers a real opportunity for dialogue and change. It provides policymakers with a firsthand understanding of the unique challenges and opportunities we face daily.

πŸ“š
Key Issues on the Table
πŸ“š

Our focused discussions with Senator Scott will tackle pressing community concerns such as Education, Community Safety, and Economic Empowerment. Your voice and perspective are critical in these conversations, as they can serve to influence meaningful and relevant policy initiatives.

πŸ‘‰
Join Us!
πŸ‘‰

This is a unique opportunity for all of us to be part of a significant policy dialogue. Save the date, spread the word, and let's unite to shape the future of our community.

Looking forward to a constructive and impactful gathering.

Blessings,
Pastor Corey Brooks

Yes its good to bring awareness of whats going on, and what can be done and the needs of people, what are THEY actually asking for. Wonder where Durban and Duckworthy are on this one?

Yes its good to bring awareness of whats going on, and what can be done and the needs of people, what are THEY actually asking for. Wonder where Durban and Duckworthy are on this one?
True, and even more important for our leaders to acknowledge when a citizen steps up and does what the Democratic government in Chicago HAS NOT DONE for a half century, help the poor Black community.

Maiinly because there are other centers besides this one in Chicago. Like I said, if Brooks had rreally wanted to do something, he would have built a supermarket.

Maiinly because there are other centers besides this one in Chicago. Like I said, if Brooks had rreally wanted to do something, he would have built a supermarket.

And what do YOU do besides crying like a bitch and spewing out hate

Yeah right. Why build a job training and community center for under-privileged Black youth when you can build a supermarket that will be looted and closed in a year. Brilliant.

Wow, you really come across with sour grapes on this one. You first complain that no one does anything, then when they do, you complain it's not the right thing. When you refuse to acknowledge effort simply because the "wrong" people are doing it, you don't help your cause at all.

Wow, you really come across with sour grapes on this one. You first complain that no one does anything, then when they do, you complain it's not the right thing. When you refuse to acknowledge effort simply because the "wrong" people are doing it, you don't help your cause at all.

All he has in life is hate.
It must be a miserable existence

Wrong. Because you assholes seem to believe nothing is done in these communities. The last thing a black communiity needs is another job trraining and recreation center. A 24 hour supermarket would have provided income generating jobs and on the job training as well as eliminating a food desert. But Rev Brrooks iss a blacck right wing stooge who wannts aa building with his name on it.

Don''t try telling me about "my cause" white ---. My "cause" is black economic development and a jobs training and recreation center is not the answer.

Wrong. Because you assholes seem to believe nothing is done in these communities. The last thing a black communiity needs is another job trraining and recreation center. A 24 hour supermarket would have provided income generating jobs and on the job training as well as eliminating a food desert. But Rev Brrooks iss a blacck right wing stooge who wannts aa building with his name on it.

Don''t try telling me about "my cause" white ---. My "cause" is black economic development and a jobs training and recreation center is not the answer.
As was pointed out, why do you think a supermarket would stand a chance in a high-crime neighborhood where theft is rampant? You're still not doing yourself or your cause any favors by dumping on someone who is clearly trying to help.

You are truly clueless. Woodlawn has no job training and community center and it is one of the most violent and opportunity starved communities in the country. And how on Earth do you expect a Pastor doing everything he does to create and run a 24 hour supermarket? Do you even think about the nonsense you write?

You are truly clueless. Woodlawn has no job training and community center and it is one of the most violent and opportunity starved communities in the country. And how on Earth do you expect a Pastor doing everything he does to create and run a 24 hour supermarket? Do you even think about the nonsense you write?
My guess is someone on the ground who actually spends time in such areas has a pretty good idea of what is needed, most likely a lot more than a random internet keyboard jockey would.

My guess is someone on the ground who actually spends time in such areas has a pretty good idea of what is needed, most likely a lot more than a random internet keyboard jockey would.
It's actually worse than that. He is representative of Black Democrats who want to ignore the problems. They hide behind meaningless statistics, point fingers, play victim, blame Whitey anything but admit to the problems.

As was pointed out, why do you think a supermarket would stand a chance in a high-crime neighborhood where theft is rampant? You're still not doing yourself or your cause any favors by dumping on someone who is clearly trying to help.

Why would a community center be less likely to get stuff stolen from than a supermarket?

I know the black community better than a white dude repeating stereotypes and that there are other businesses in that neighborhood that have been there fro yearrs and shoplifting is more prevalent among whites.

You build the supermarket and make it a CO-OP allowing community members to join and share in the profits. That way you reduce the temptation to steal. You just need tto shut your white ----- up. Brrooks took in several milliion, he coulld have built a supeermarket, or a superstore with a grocery store in it. Providing job training with no jobs iisn't helping anyone.

Being that I have been there and in many other black communities and you or MoronMike haven't, that I can speak on this better than whites who think Pastor Brooks is the only black person trying to do something in Chicago, or that Chicago is the only town in America.

Why would a community center be less likely to get stuff stolen from than a supermarket?

I know the black community better than a white dude repeating stereotypes and that there are other businesses in that neighborhood that have been there fro yearrs and shoplifting is more prevalent among whites.

You build the supermarket and make it a CO-OP allowing community members to join and share in the profits. That way you reduce the temptation to steal. You just need tto shut your white ----- up. Brrooks took in several milliion, he coulld have built a supeermarket, or a superstore with a grocery store in it. Providing job training with no jobs iisn't helping anyone.
Then go for it, big talker. Pastor Brooks has made his vision a reality and unlike a freaking grocery store that will be looted into non-existence within a year, his center WILL turn lives around. In addition to jobs training he will have counselors working with men to keep them from running out on their families thus bringing stability back to the Fatherless wasteland of South Chicago.

True, and even more important for our leaders to acknowledge when a citizen steps up and does what the Democratic government in Chicago HAS NOT DONE for a half century, help the poor Black community.
Well, if President Donald Trump wins, the black community will be bringing home the bacon! And from the way the Deep State DNC has functioned, they made enough people mad to bring back the Donald. I think he has a good chance of winning. :yes_text12:

Well, if President Donald Trump wins, the black community will be bringing home the bacon! And from the way the Deep State DNC has functioned, they made enough people mad to bring back the Donald. I think he has a good chance of winning. :yes_text12:

Wrong.

Forum List

Back