Quran Burning A Threat To U.S. Troops

Two Four (04) Generals have spoken out publically against the planned "International Quran Burning Day" being sponsered by Gainsville Florida Pastor Terry Jones.

Former Commanding General U.S. Forces Iraq, General Raymond T. Odierno (Currently Commanding Joint Forces) and Commanding General ISAF Afghanistan David Petraeus (Former Commanding General Central Command and U.S. Forces Iraq) have gone on record as opposing Pastor Jones and his planned Quran Burning.

Both General Odierno and General Petraeus believe that the burning of the Muslim Holy Book by Pastor Jones would place U.S. Military and Civilian Personnel in great danger. Pastor Jones has refused to back down.

In additon to General(s) Odierno and Petraeus, Secretary of State Hiliary Clinton, Secretary of Defense Gates and President Obama have spoken out against the burning of Quran's, planned for Saturday September 11, 2010.

Few if any of the Repugnant Party leadership has spoken out against the burning.

What happened to all "Support the troops." crap you guy's were spouting no so long ago.

The Burning of The Quran is whipping up very strong Anti-American Sentiment in the Muslim World, and will be used by al_Qeada and other terrorist groups as a recuriting tool.

Support the Troops my ass, you only support the troops when it is convient for you.

IF you support Burning the Quran, you DO NOT SUPPORT THE TROOPS.

But you do support al_Qeada, and I'm sure they appreciate all the help you are willing to give them.

What utter bullshit.

Do you honestly think that if the quran isn't burn our enemies will be less hostile and less likely to take up arms against us?

Wise up!

If we as Americans cease exercising the rights that we fought hard for then we may as well surrender to the enemy right now.

Coming soon to every hotel, motel, and quickie rental room dresser will be a Quran, plus your favorite the bible, that way if your feet bother you or you have poor circulation you can place one under each leg. And if you are into kinky stuff or just need a boost under that pillow, you have choices or added height. And according to well known scientific studies, religious osmosis works. So now you will be tolerant of two religions. The Torah is coming next and just for fun the Kama Sutra will be the final addition. That way if you get bored pretending you really are married, and your name is Smith, you'll have an excellent reference guide, and forgiveness in three flavors. Who could ask for more, only in America. ;)

Last edited:
I say burn the damn thing and let's move on. No one seems to give two shits when a Bible is burned. Obama isn't out there pleading for them not to.

I say burn the damn thing and let's move on. No one seems to give two shits when a Bible is burned. Obama isn't out there pleading for them not to.

Post some evidence of recent Bible burnings.

Post some evidence of recent Bible burnings.

When the Bible is burnt it doesn't make national headlines.

Case in point, the Pastor of Amazing Grace Baptist Church in Canton N.C. planned to burn Bibles on Halloween of '09, the only national network that covered it (that I could find) was Fox News. The burning didn't take place due to the fact it would have violated local laws and the church would have been fined.

Last edited:
Free Speech can be complicated...

piss_christ_by_serrano_andres_1987.jpg

Yup that is urine. I just don't recall nearly as much hysterics when this awful desecration occurred. In fact i remember many applauding and handing out awards for this desecration. Something to ponder i guess.

More Free Speech: Muslim man accidentally sets himself on fire while burning the American Flag...

flagburn.jpg

I never see these kind of hysterics over this daily occurrence all across the Muslim World. Personally i'm pretty sick of hearing about what the "Arab Street" or Muslims around the world think about us. How bout more people start talking about what we think about them? Just a thought anyway.

More Free Speech: Muslim man accidentally sets himself on fire while burning the American Flag...

flagburn.jpg

I never see these kind of hysterics over this daily occurrence all across the Muslim World. Personally i'm pretty sick of hearing about what the "Arab Street" or Muslims around the world think about us. How bout more people start talking about what we think about them? Just a thought anyway.

Seriously, screw them. They chopped off Americans heads and they are all freaked out about someone burning a book.

And how many Qurans were ablaze when Daniel Pearl was beheaded, or our troops were dragged through tthe streets of Mogadishu, or hanging from bridges in Iraq or on 9/11....

Just wondering.

And how many Qurans were ablaze when Daniel Pearl was beheaded, or our troops were dragged through tthe streets of Mogadishu, or hanging from bridges in Iraq or on 9/11....

Just wondering.
Not enough, that's for sure.

I guess the argument is that people that behave like 7th century savages are gonna get really mad if some Florida Douchebag burns their "holy book"?

These are the people we are dealing with.... It is a holy war, and I doubt there is anyone in Afghanistan that is going to condemn people who say death to Christians....

People wake up.... Many Muslims want all non-believers dead.... Sorry but the truth hurts.

Afghans protest Quran burning plan, torch US flag - Yahoo! News

Yes indeed, why haven't the Christian savages called for a crusade to wipe those dirty Islamics off the earth? Instead the cowards are bending over to take it up the ass with tolerance, and the republicans are sitting back and not defending the Christian right. Bunch a fucking wimps if you ask me.

These are the people we are dealing with.... It is a holy war, and I doubt there is anyone in Afghanistan that is going to condemn people who say death to Christians....

People wake up.... Many Muslims want all non-believers dead.... Sorry but the truth hurts.

Afghans protest Quran burning plan, torch US flag - Yahoo! News

Yes indeed, why haven't the Christian savages called for a crusade to wipe those dirty Islamics off the earth? Instead the cowards are bending over to take it up the ass with tolerance, and the republicans are sitting back and not defending the Christian right. Bunch a fucking wimps if you ask me.

/\
|
|

Youre brain on drugs.

Two Four (04) Generals have spoken out publically against the planned "International Quran Burning Day" being sponsered by Gainsville Florida Pastor Terry Jones.

Former Commanding General U.S. Forces Iraq, General Raymond T. Odierno (Currently Commanding Joint Forces) and Commanding General ISAF Afghanistan David Petraeus (Former Commanding General Central Command and U.S. Forces Iraq) have gone on record as opposing Pastor Jones and his planned Quran Burning.

Both General Odierno and General Petraeus believe that the burning of the Muslim Holy Book by Pastor Jones would place U.S. Military and Civilian Personnel in great danger. Pastor Jones has refused to back down.

In additon to General(s) Odierno and Petraeus, Secretary of State Hiliary Clinton, Secretary of Defense Gates and President Obama have spoken out against the burning of Quran's, planned for Saturday September 11, 2010.

Few if any of the Repugnant Party leadership has spoken out against the burning.

What happened to all "Support the troops." crap you guy's were spouting no so long ago.

The Burning of The Quran is whipping up very strong Anti-American Sentiment in the Muslim World, and will be used by al_Qeada and other terrorist groups as a recuriting tool.

Support the Troops my ass, you only support the troops when it is convient for you.

IF you support Burning the Quran, you DO NOT SUPPORT THE TROOPS.

But you do support al_Qeada, and I'm sure they appreciate all the help you are willing to give them.

This says a lot about a religon that will kill over a book burning or a cartoon. Why aren't you condemning that behavior I wonder? And yes, the Quaran burning is stupid, but so is the muslim reaction to it stupid.

If you know that people are crazy enought to kill over a cartoon or a book burning, why egg them on? Especially when you're sitting the the safety of a non-descript neighborhood in Gainesville, FL.

We should not forsaken our Free Speech rights just because some people around the world don't like us. That is very dangerous thinking. Burning Korans sucks but it is their right. We shouldn't forget this.

And yes, he has the right to do it, but I don't think he should. And yes, the people in NY have the right to build the mosque, and I think they should. Afterall, they ARE Americans and they suffered just as much as any other demographic group in 9-11.

We should not forsaken our Free Speech rights just because some people around the world don't like us. That is very dangerous thinking. Burning Korans sucks but it is their right. We shouldn't forget this.

Not doing a stupid thing is NEVER dangerous. It's when people DO stupid things that danger comes into the equation.

And yes, he has the right to do it, but I don't think he should. And yes, the people in NY have the right to build the mosque, and I think they should. Afterall, they ARE Americans and they suffered just as much as any other demographic group in 9-11.

Yes, then we can burn that too :lol:

Forum List

Back