Quran Burning A Threat To U.S. Troops

Discussion in 'Politics' started by traveler52, Sep 9, 2010.

1. traveler52

traveler52 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    3.5 Miles From The North Tower of The Golden Gate
    Ratings:
    +134
    Two Four (04) Generals have spoken out publically against the planned "International Quran Burning Day" being sponsered by Gainsville Florida Pastor Terry Jones.

Former Commanding General U.S. Forces Iraq, General Raymond T. Odierno (Currently Commanding Joint Forces) and Commanding General ISAF Afghanistan David Petraeus (Former Commanding General Central Command and U.S. Forces Iraq) have gone on record as opposing Pastor Jones and his planned Quran Burning.

Both General Odierno and General Petraeus believe that the burning of the Muslim Holy Book by Pastor Jones would place U.S. Military and Civilian Personnel in great danger. Pastor Jones has refused to back down.

In additon to General(s) Odierno and Petraeus, Secretary of State Hiliary Clinton, Secretary of Defense Gates and President Obama have spoken out against the burning of Quran's, planned for Saturday September 11, 2010.

Few if any of the Repugnant Party leadership has spoken out against the burning.

What happened to all "Support the troops." crap you guy's were spouting no so long ago.

The Burning of The Quran is whipping up very strong Anti-American Sentiment in the Muslim World, and will be used by al_Qeada and other terrorist groups as a recuriting tool.

Support the Troops my ass, you only support the troops when it is convient for you.

IF you support Burning the Quran, you DO NOT SUPPORT THE TROOPS.

But you do support al_Qeada, and I'm sure they appreciate all the help you are willing to give them.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  2. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    i'm shocked that no one posted anything about this

3. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    Just being in the military in support of the 'Great Satan" country that we are would then technically be a threat to our troops, because the Islamic extremist hate our country with a passion...

I support the right for these people to burn the Koran... even if I personally do not like it

4. konradv

konradv Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,662
    Point 1- Why create more terrorists, just to satisfy one's own ego?

Point 2- So what? A waste of space. No one denies their rights, just their intelligence.

5. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,669

This says a lot about a religon that will kill over a book burning or a cartoon. Why aren't you condemning that behavior I wonder? And yes, the Quaran burning is stupid, but so is the muslim reaction to it stupid.

6. konradv

konradv Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,662
    This says a lot about a religon that will kill over a book burning or a cartoon. Why aren't you condemning that behavior I wonder? And yes, the Quaran burning is stupid, but so is the muslim reaction to it stupid.

Who says that killing isn't being condemned? Given a discussion with a radical Muslim, I'd say so. But this is a bunch of Americans, mostly, talking to each other. We need to discuss what we're doing and how we can do things better, if need be. The fact that both things are stupid is a given. Are you saying one stupid thing justifies another? What radical Muslims are doing, should not be any sort excuse for what we're doing.

7. LibocalypseNow

LibocalypseNow Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    If it is,we have already lost Afghanistan. These Generals shouldn't have commented on this non-issue. They have actually made it worse by giving it so much attention. These Generals come off as being weak and in panic-mode. This is an indication we are now losing Afghanistan. If you haven't won those "Hearts & Minds" after ten years,then you aint ever gonna win them. In my opinion we could be over there another 100 years and our Generals would still be whining about winning those "Hearts & Minds." It just isn't gonna happen.

It's time to wrap up the wars in Afghanistan & Iraq. There is nothing more to be gained in these wars. If Afghanistan & Iraq want the violent loons to take over their countries,than so be it. If Afghans like the Taliban being in charge,there isn't anything we can do about that. "Hearts & Minds" is just Blah Blah Blah at this point. I think most Americans are sick of hearing that chit. You can only kiss a*s and kowtow so much. If they don't like you,they don't like you and all the a*s kissing in the world aint gonna change that. So just wrap it up and come home. That's my opinion anyway.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  8. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    Then why have a military in support of our country and society?? "It only creates more terrorists"
    Why fight terrorists and make them martyrs? "It only creates more terrorists"
    Why speak out against terrorists, terror organizations, and countries that support terrorists? "It only creates more terrorists"

:rolleyes:

9. LibocalypseNow

LibocalypseNow Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    We have kissed a*s and kowtowed over there for 10 years,all to win those "Hearts & Minds." Yet many in Afghanistan still don't like us and support the Taliban. We're never gonna win those "Hearts & Minds." It's over. If the Afghans want the Taliban,they're gonna have the Taliban. There just isn't anything we can do about that in the end. I'm sure we will always have bases in Afghanistan & Iraq but it is time to bring most of our kids home. There is nothing more to be gained in Afghanistan. How can we continue to order our kids to die for nothing? The reality is that the Taliban is widely supported in Afghanistan & Pakistan. This isn't going to change. It is now up to the Afghans themselves to decide whether or not they want the Taliban back in charge. Our role in this is now over. Lets bring our kids home.

10. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Pity we can't have repetitive thread burning.