Quote notification

sfcalifornia

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2011
Dang. Most of the quote notification stuff was superfluous but I liked being able to see if someone directly quoted a post of mine and I liked being able to link directly to the quote.

Any way we could get something like that back, as an option?

Other boards I've posted on have that ability. It comes in handy.

Dang. Most of the quote notification stuff was superfluous but I liked being able to see if someone directly quoted a post of mine and I liked being able to link directly to the quote.

I am glad they got rid of it...but i agree... a system that you had a choice to opt in or out of would be the way to go.

I am glad they got rid of it...but i agree... a system that you had a choice to opt in or out of would be the way to go.

I used a board once where you could just go to your statistics and find directly quoted posts when you wanted. Easy and unobtrusive.

Great question and I've been asked it a lot since it was removed. Unfortunately the quote notifications were all or nothing so we had to turn them off but I have found a solution. Keep in mind it will not be as good but you will at least be able to see all the threads you participated in and all your posts.

So choosing "See my posts/threads" will show you all your posts with a link to them. Keep in mind you won't know if anyone responded to that post until clicking through but you will at least get to keep track of your comments that you are waiting for a reply on.

We are working on geting that set up right now. It should be live shortly. I will post in here when it's live.

I used a board once where you could just go to your statistics and find directly quoted posts when you wanted. Easy and unobtrusive.

There's a quote tab in the user profile that still seems to be working. It doesn't notify you but it still lists your quoted posts with a link to the post where it was quoted (unless it was turned off in the last few minutes). It's on the same user page where the visitor messages appear, but on a different tab to the far right.

Great question and I've been asked it a lot since it was removed. Unfortunately the quote notifications were all or nothing so we had to turn them off but I have found a solution. Keep in mind it will not be as good but you will at least be able to see all the threads you participated in and all your posts.

So choosing "See my posts/threads" will show you all your posts with a link to them. Keep in mind you won't know if anyone responded to that post until clicking through but you will at least get to keep track of your comments that you are waiting for a reply on.

We are working on geting that set up right now. It should be live shortly. I will post in here when it's live.

Excellent! Thanks for the reply and also working to set something up!

myposts.png

All set! look to the top right for the link "My Posts"

You will have the option to see all the threads you participated and all your posts. Clicking on the actual post will take you directly to your comment. Clicking on the title of the thread will take you to the first page.

Let me know if you have any questions.

There's a quote tab in the user profile that still seems to be working. It doesn't notify you but it still lists your quoted posts with a link to the post where it was quoted (unless it was turned off in the last few minutes). It's on the same user page where the visitor messages appear, but on a different tab to the far right.
Yes the Quotes tab is still working, the notifications are what stopped

myposts.png

You will have the option to see all the threads you participated and all your posts. Clicking on the actual post will take you directly to your comment. Clicking on the title of the thread will take you to the first page.

alright.....

so there is not way for you code your quote/tag/notification in a drop down menu liek you just did with this option?

Yes the Quotes tab is still working, the notifications are what stopped

the quote tab in your contact info on your profile page...... gotcha.

myposts.png

New My Posts works, links up just fine to posts made.

But is there any way to determine now if someone directly responded to each post? An asterisk or a symbol of some sort? If we can't link directly to the response, at least we could know someone responded and then we can search for it.

myposts.png

But is there any way to determine now if someone directly responded to each post? An asterisk or a symbol of some sort? If we can't link directly to the response, at least we could know someone responded and then we can search for it.

look on your profile page...

the task bar.... contact info... hit that for your drop down menu.

hmmm... I'm not finding it...

go to your profile page....

there is a list left to right on your task bar

Visitor Message About Me Statistics Friends Contact Info

hit contact info

http://www.usmessageboard.com/members/sfcalifornia.html

Look to the right on all those tabs

myposts.png

look on your profile page...

the task bar.... contact info... hit that for your drop down menu.

alright, found it!!

my quote tab is hidden behind an arrow on my task bar and isn't immediately seen.

fantastic. this is exactly what I wanted. Thanks all.

myposts.png

alright.....

so there is not way for you code your quote/tag/notification in a drop down menu liek you just did with this option?
Possibly, but thats above my pay grade.

Click on the quotes tab on your user profile.

sfc_zpsadeb047d.jpg

Click on the quotes tab on your user profile.

sfc_zpsadeb047d.jpg

Thanks Rat, all set.

For some reason on my taskbar, the quote tab isn't immediately seen. I have an More arrow to the right of the Thread Tags tab and that's where my quote tab lies.

myposts.png

alright.....

Possibly, but thats above my pay grade.

oh i think you can do it.... after all its not a union job ya know. :tongue:

do the same thing you did here with the posts/threads..... add a shortcut.

Forum List

Back