Site glitch: What's up with the majescule??

Pogo

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2012
Fennario
Something's going on- I just tried to post a Latin abbreviation (QED) and it comes out lower case instead of upper case. Tried to edit-fix it a dozen times and it keeps reverting to minuscule. Even if I put periods after the letters. At first periods worked (they stayed majescule) but after I tried again for "QED" straight uppercase and failed, the periods no longer worked and it reverted back to "q.e.d." (all lowercase).

Let's see how this post does it..AaBbCc .... AFTRA... PoliSci... AbCdEfG ABC123 MICkey

[edit] Now of course it won't do it. :confused: I don't get it.

Anyone else get this?

Last edited:
Have not been able to duplicate this in other posts/threads. Would still like to know what was going on.

Here's a new site error wrinkle -- could be totally unrelated: I started writing in a "quick reply" box and hit "Go Advanced" and instead of getting Advanced I got this message:

"The request could not be processed because the token has expired. Use the back button..."

"Token"?
This of course wiped out what I had writ. Good think I had Lazarus to resurrect it, but still -- 'token'? Wtf?

I guess this never got figured out. It's happening again. Tried to post "QED", came out "qed". Tried Q.E.D. and Q. E. D. -- same result. Even tried it vertically:

Q
E
D

-- and they all went minuscule.

Eventually (I don't know how) I got the E and the D to stay majuscule but the Q wouldn't go.

What in the software would be causing this?

I guess this never got figured out. It's happening again. Tried to post "QED", came out "qed". Tried Q.E.D. and Q. E. D. -- same result. Even tried it vertically:

Q
E
D

-- and they all went minuscule.

Eventually (I don't know how) I got the E and the D to stay majuscule but the Q wouldn't go.

What in the software would be causing this?

The server doesn't like SHOUTING!

HEH.

Oddly I've never had any problem with DNA, FBI, POTUS, SCOTUS, USA, or anything else - just QED.

So that worked, but when all I typed was QED as a first line, it reverted to Qed.

qed

QED

Interesting. I never got that, but I did get "qED"...

So we think it depends on where it appears in the post... off to experiment.

Next question for the site (if true) - why would it act that way?
Good work, Boop.

So that worked, but when all I typed was QED as a first line, it reverted to Qed.

qed

QED

Good work, Boop.

Thanks.

It would act that way to prevent people from 'screaming' posts.

qed

QED

Good work, Boop.

Thanks.

TMI :lol:

qed

QED

Good work, Boop.

Thanks.

HMMM... (<typed in all caps) Doesn't seem to be an anti-shout bot, since this stayed large...

Well I think I confirmed your theory - went back to the thread where it wouldn't work, typed a post and hit "preview" (which I rarely do, isn't it obvious) -- if QED is the first line it forces it down to look like a sentence (Qed) but if it's not first it stays intact. And yet somehow I got the original offening post to read "qED".

I guess if I want my post to read simply "QED" I have to first type something meaningless and put it in white so it doesn't show. But only if the entry is QED.

Weird. :confused:

interesting. I never got that, but i did get "qed"...

So we think it depends on where it appears in the post... Off to experiment.

Good work, boop.

thanks.

tmi :lol:

usa

stp

Well, now it's acting differently AGAIN. Those two acronyms were typed in upper case and they both went lower.

I'm stumped.

If you try to make a post that is in all CAPS, it will be reformatted by the software, even if your post is just one word.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

You can't type in all caps for an entire post and that goes for a single word :lol:

Examples:

BOO = boo
GHOSTS SCARE THE CRAP OUT OF ME = ghosts scare the crap out of me

you can't type in all caps for an entire post and that goes for a single word :lol:

Examples:

Boo = boo
ghosts scare the crap out of me = ghosts scare the crap out of me

QED.

bwa haha, found a workaround

;)

Another wrinkle -- I didn't convert C_K's quote to lower case, it did that automatically... :bang3:

At least I can still hold on to my double spacing after periods. :thup:

Forum List

Back