Quiz: Are you scientifically literate?

Pluto isn't a planet and the test lists it as a planet.

And they were also wrong about what the A in AM stands for: it is clearly amphibian as that is where you find all the rightwingloony lizards.

No it doesn't, if it did it would have been the smallest planet, not Mercury. The test specifically said that the discovery of Eris is why Pluto is no longer considered a planet.
Was there a follow up question about Pluto? I stopped taking the test after the question that seemingly listed Pluto as a planet.

Pluto isn't a planet and the test lists it as a planet.

And they were also wrong about what the A in AM stands for: it is clearly amphibian as that is where you find all the rightwingloony lizards.

No it doesn't, if it did it would have been the smallest planet, not Mercury. The test specifically said that the discovery of Eris is why Pluto is no longer considered a planet.
Was there a follow up question about Pluto? I stopped taking the test after the question that seemingly listed Pluto as a planet.

If I recall, the question is which planet has no moons, just because it listed Pluto as a possible answer does not make Pluto a planet.

If I recall, the question is which planet has no moons, just because it listed Pluto as a possible answer does not make Pluto a planet.

It's the same as adding Muldur to a multiple choice list of "Which island country did Reagan launch an attack on in 1983..

Thanks for posting the test. It's fun...

so far i still scored lower than anyone else has posted......

The secret to that is rdean has not posted.

This wasn't a "science" test. It was a "memory" test. "Name something" is way different than "how it works".

I got 49 out of 50, can you beat the right wing wingnut guy who denies science and believes in God? I will make it easier for you, the answer to the question I missed is thymine.

Christian Science Monitor Quiz...Are you scientifically literate?

Are you scientifically literate? Take our quiz - CSMonitor.com

My score...

Quiz results

37 Correct
13 Wrong

You answered 37 of 50 questions correctly for a total score of 74%.

results

Correct

Wrong

You answered 40 of 50 questions correctly for a total score of 80%.

About three of the wrong I felt really stupid about. Interesting quiz.

Let me guess. You blew the meteorology questions.
I blew 12, mostly chemistry and a couple physics. Been out of that for 42 years.

You answered 38 of 50 questions correctly for a total score of 76%.

Good fucking grief! Joules? Who the fuck cares?!

A train leave Denver heading east... how many Newtons are acting on it.

Seriously nobody other than an electric engineer has any business getting these right.

Also, I was tempted to give the age of the Earth as 6,000 years, it being a Christian Scientist test

Those were the easy ones, all that time doing those formulas in school actually paid off. I owe my high school physics teacher an apology.

I still don't owe that math teacher who insisted I would need to know fractions one though.

I couldn't remember any of the equations.

i got the earths age correct by singing the theme to big bang lol

If you like that show -- then your score doesn't matter. You're an honorary scientistist.

None of those actors have a clue what they're saying, but they nail "the spirit" of the cause. And they do a fabulous job...

And loads of credit to BareNaked Laidies for writing that hilarious catchy jingle...

The Big Bang Theory Theme Song-Barenaked Ladies - YouTube

The songs great...but I'm pretty sure it's wrong.

Last I read, the universe it's expanding too quickly for there ever to be a "big crunch".

Dark matter and all that...

Shame...I was looking forward to coming back and doing this all again on the next go-round.

Christian Science Monitor Quiz...Are you scientifically literate?

Are you scientifically literate? Take our quiz - CSMonitor.com

My score...

Quiz results

37 Correct
13 Wrong

You answered 37 of 50 questions correctly for a total score of 74%.

results

Correct

Wrong

You answered 40 of 50 questions correctly for a total score of 80%.

About three of the wrong I felt really stupid about. Interesting quiz.

Let me guess. You blew the meteorology questions.
I blew 12, mostly chemistry and a couple physics. Been out of that for 42 years.

I definitely missed "nimbus"...I answered growing vertically...like a cumulonimbus cloud.

And I know I missed the "e numerical constant" question.

And I said h was named for Heisenberg.

Those are the ones I remember off the top of my head.

Forum List

Back