Quiz: Are you scientifically literate?

Pluto isn't a planet and the test lists it as a planet.

And they were also wrong about what the A in AM stands for: it is clearly amphibian as that is where you find all the rightwingloony lizards.

It was also a wrong answer, so if you choose it as "which planet...." that was a clearly wrong answer.

And they were also wrong about what the A in AM stands for: it is clearly amphibian as that is where you find all the rightwingloony lizards.

It was also a wrong answer, so if you choose it as "which planet...." that was a clearly wrong answer.
Fair enough. Pluto does have three moons, iirc. I'm not sure if they were trying to be tricky or if they forgot about Pluto's demotion.

You answered 24 of 50 questions correctly for a total score of 48%. :eusa_shifty:

I still think the earth is only 6 thousand years old though.... what'd ya expect :dunno:

You answered 33 of 50 questions correctly for a total score of 66%.
:redface:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml5xb4DrhZo]Meat Loaf - Two Out Of Three Aint Bad (From "Bat Out Of Hell - Original Tour") - YouTube[/ame]

Fair enough. Pluto does have three moons, iirc. I'm not sure if they were trying to be tricky or if they forgot about Pluto's demotion.

"Tricky"

Last edited:
You answered 38 of 50 questions correctly for a total score of 76%.

Good fucking grief! Joules? Who the fuck cares?!

A train leave Denver heading east... how many Newtons are acting on it.

Seriously nobody other than an electric engineer has any business getting these right.

Also, I was tempted to give the age of the Earth as 6,000 years, it being a Christian Scientist test

Maybe there's a lot more you're wrong about. From your posts I would have expected much better, since you try to lecture others on science all the time. :cool:

No they didn't. Typically, you misread that question.

They said which planet and then they listed a few celestial bodies. It's on you if you think Pluto is a planet.

I mean, what are you, Goofy?

Last edited:

Seriously nobody other than an electric engineer has any business getting these right.

Also, I was tempted to give the age of the Earth as 6,000 years, it being a Christian Scientist test

Maybe there's a lot more you're wrong about. From your posts I would have expected much better, since you try to lecture others on science all the time. :cool:

I did too.

I have a total blind spot on the electrical engineering section, the only ones I got right were guesses or it would have been much worse.

And I had no idea oxygen was so prevalent in the Earth's crust.

Oh, and Mars only has 38% of Earth gravity on the surface

Er, I might have gotten some of the biological ones wrong too

All I can say is that's probably the last time I'll hear about how many joules make a newton at 20 ohm/second squared

Last edited:
you can come sit with me frankie......what book you reading?

i didnt do well at all....bunch of trick ass questions.....lol

OK Stroll. Come up to the loft and we'll sit

My son has Book 5 and he's somewhere in TX. I'm meeting him in NM later this week and we're going to spend some time together.

I was reading a book on DaVinci last night and was going to post some of his quotes and insights here.

No it doesn't, if it did it would have been the smallest planet, not Mercury. The test specifically said that the discovery of Eris is why Pluto is no longer considered a planet.

Those were the easy ones, all that time doing those formulas in school actually paid off. I owe my high school physics teacher an apology.

I still don't owe that math teacher who insisted I would need to know fractions one though.

Forum List

Back