Quinnipiac Poll May 1st, 2007

I repeat, for the braindead jarhead: I have never said that the intelligence was different.... I said that it was Bush's assertions as to the absolute certainty and absence of any doubt as to the presence of WMD's that constituted the lie.

NO ONE ELSE was saying that there was absolute certainty that Saddam had stockpiles of WMD's... and that, dovetailed with the great sales job that got 65% of Americans in January of '03to believe that Saddam had planned and executed 9/11 gave Bush all the support he needed to invade a countrty where UN inspectors were ON SITE and would have determined within months what we all know now: that the absolute certainty was a lie.... and that we have become bogged down in a war in a country that was not a threat to us and had nothing to do with the attacks of 9/11.

Alot of Dems did - but you ignore there own statements

I repeat, for the braindead jarhead: I have never said that the intelligence was different.... I said that it was Bush's assertions as to the absolute certainty and absence of any doubt as to the presence of WMD's that constituted the lie.

NO ONE ELSE was saying that there was absolute certainty that Saddam had stockpiles of WMD's... and that, dovetailed with the great sales job that got 65% of Americans in January of '03to believe that Saddam had planned and executed 9/11 gave Bush all the support he needed to invade a countrty where UN inspectors were ON SITE and would have determined within months what we all know now: that the absolute certainty was a lie.... and that we have become bogged down in a war in a country that was not a threat to us and had nothing to do with the attacks of 9/11.

So you are saying that all the world and the democrats were to STUPID to compare independent intel against the supposed cherry picked intel and say " damn this doesn't match"?

So you are saying that all the world and the democrats were to STUPID to compare independent intel against the supposed cherry picked intel and say " damn this doesn't match"?

Sen Biden admitted the Dems had access to the same intel as Pres Bush

MR. RUSSERT: You said the president misled.

SEN. BIDEN: Yeah, misled. Now, here, let me be precise. Aluminum tubes--remember that whole issue? Casey said the tubes were "irrefutable evidence" of their nuclear policy. Rice said they were "really only suited for nuclear weapons programs." And Bush said there was "no doubt" about this. In fact, the Energy Department expert said, as you pointed out, the tube--they were not for nuclear. The Intelligence Research Bureau agreed and said, "no compelling case that Iraq's currently pursuing an integrated, comprehensive approach to acquire nuclear weapons." This is in 10/02. Now, this is evidence they had at the time. Yet they used words like "The weapons program is irrefutable."

MR. RUSSERT: But, Senator, when you read the National Intelligence Estimate, at least the summary of it, it had a caveat in there from the State Department and the Department of Energy saying they did not believe the...

SEN. BIDEN: After the fact, Tim. Look, look...

MR. RUSSERT: This was made available to senators before the vote. Only six read it.

SEN. BIDEN: No, no, no, no, no, no. That's true, that was before the vote.

MR. RUSSERT: But you saw...

SEN. BIDEN: That was before the vote.

MR. RUSSERT: You saw that information and you still voted for the war.

SEN. BIDEN: But remember--no, remember what I voted for was for the president to be able to go to war, if, if--I've got the resolution here--if, in fact, it was to enforce the existing breaches that existed in the U.N. resolution and if he could show there were weapons of mass destruction.

MR. RUSSERT: Do you believe the Democrats and you were diligent enough in reading that National Intelligence Estimate and all the caveats and calling the president to task as to whether or not he was being candid about the intelligence and his interpretation?

SEN. BIDEN: Yes. And if I--I'll leave with you because there's no time here all the statements I made at the time laying out my doubts about their assertions. But remember what the resolution said, Tim, it didn't say "go to war." It said, "Mr. President, if you can show these things, then you can use force."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10154103/

no....as a matter of FACT, a majority of congressional democrats DID smell a rat and voted against the use of force resolution, I AM saying that the president lied to the American people when HE and his administration talking heads repeatedly assured us that he was absolutely certain of Saddam's WMD stockpiles.

no....as a matter of FACT, a majority of congressional democrats DID smell a rat and voted against the use of force resolution, I AM saying that the president lied to the American people when HE and his administration talking heads repeatedly assured us that he was absolutely certain of Saddam's WMD stockpiles.

even Biden admitted the Dems had access to the same intel as Pres Bush

did you miss this, RSR?

CNN/Opinion Research Corporation Poll. May 4-6, 2007. N=1,028 adults nationwide. MoE ± 3.

"As you may know, President Bush vetoed a bill passed by Congress that would have provided additional funds for the war in Iraq and would have set a specific date for the withdrawal of all U.S. troops from that country. Do you approve or disapprove of Bush's decision to veto that bill?"

Approve 44
Disapprove 54
Unsure 2

"One proposal would provide additional funds for U.S. troops in Iraq and would require the U.S. to start withdrawing all its troops from Iraq by a specific date. Would you favor or oppose this bill?"

Favor 57
Oppose 41
Unsure 2

http://www.pollingreport.com/iraq.htm

and Pres Bush said the same things as Dems were saying since 1993

nope. few if any democrats expressed absolute certainty to the American people about Saddam's WMD stockpiles. Team Bush was united in pitching that certainty, that abolute lack of any doubt to the American people and Team Bush took us to war over the objections of the majority of democats in congress.

nope. few if any democrats expressed absolute certainty to the American people about Saddam's WMD stockpiles. Team Bush was united in pitching that certainty, that abolute lack of any doubt to the American people and Team Bush took us to war over the objections of the majority of democats in congress.

To bad the Dems own words prove you wrong

You ignore what members of your own party say (nothing new)

and I see the low approval numbers for the Dems (you overlook them)

I do not ignore anything. I merely suggest that what democrats said and what Bush said were different in the level of certainty...and what democrats did: a majority voted against the war - is significantly different than what Bush and the republicans did: overwhelmingly vote for the war and then fail to use force as a LAST resort, but jumped to use it as a first resort.... and kicked the UN inspectors out in their haste to take us to war.

and you didn't comment on this:

CNN/Opinion Research Corporation Poll. May 4-6, 2007. N=1,028 adults nationwide. MoE ± 3.

"As you may know, President Bush vetoed a bill passed by Congress that would have provided additional funds for the war in Iraq and would have set a specific date for the withdrawal of all U.S. troops from that country. Do you approve or disapprove of Bush's decision to veto that bill?"

Approve 44
Disapprove 54
Unsure 2

"One proposal would provide additional funds for U.S. troops in Iraq and would require the U.S. to start withdrawing all its troops from Iraq by a specific date. Would you favor or oppose this bill?"

Favor 57
Oppose 41
Unsure 2

are you planning on discussing these questions and their results anytime soon?

If Dems are doing the will of the people - why are they say low in the polls and why not cut off funding?

If Dems are doing the will of the people - why are they say low in the polls and why not cut off funding?

you ask the same question over and over again. what is your reply to those two poll questions. how can you continue to suggest that America does NOT support the democrat's funding plan when all the polling data clearly shows that they do?

you ask the same question over and over again. what is your reply to those two poll questions. how can you continue to suggest that America does NOT support the democrat's funding plan when all the polling data clearly shows that they do?

Americans support victory in Iraq - not surrender

Americans support victory in Iraq - not surrender

absolutely. the deomcrat's funding bill, which Americans DO support, clearly has nothing to do with surrendering anything, despite your continued misuse of the word to denigrate it. America isn't buying that line of shit...they know what the bill does and it does not surrender anything to our enemies. It forces Iraq to stand up and take ownership of their own problems.

Approve 44
Disapprove 54
Unsure 2

Favor 57
Oppose 41
Unsure 2

how come you won't discuss these questions?

absolutely. the deomcrat's funding bill, which Americans DO support, clearly has nothing to do with surrendering anything, despite your continued misuse of the word to denigrate it. America isn't buying that line of shit...they know what the bill does and it does not surrender anything to our enemies. It forces Iraq to stand up and take ownership of their own problems.

They are surrendering to the terrorists

Remmber, White Flag Harry told the troops the war is lost

Forum List

Back