Quinnipiac Poll May 1st, 2007

Presidents come and go...some good, some bad. So far, the country has managed to survive them all.

I detest politicians with the possible exception of the Founding Farthers and soem of them I am not so sure about!

I don't much like politicians either... from either party... I was a republican until 2003, now I'm an unafilliated independent, so I get to blast both sides (which drives the righties batty) tho since I'm anti-bush, I tend to swing from the left...

you hip to the TriLateralCommission?

Have you ever taken a position on something and then, after more research changed your mind about it?

I have. And I'm sure that many many others have as well... cuz only the truly idiotic remains steadfast in their opinion when evidence proves otherwise.

Dems say Saddam was a threat, had WMD's, and had to be removed - they were mistaken

Bush says Saddam was a threat, had WMD's, and had to be removed - he lied

Bush haters logic makes a figure eight look like a straight line

If Bush lied so did the Dems

I know it's been said before and will no doubt be said again... but... Where are they? Bush said they had them... so? where are they?

Do you like being lied to time and time again? why?

Once again some evidence please, one will do. I am simply amazed, Bush is alternately the stupidest President we ever had or the Evil mind controlling Genius of all time.

Last I checked , for the umpteenth time, Congress receives INDEPENDENT briefs from all Intelligence organizations and well from anyone they want. The President has absolutely no control over who the Congress talks to.

Yet in order for Bush to have lied he would have had to have total control over who spoke to Congress, what information they provided AND now 5 years later still control them to prevent them from telling how they were instructed to lie to Congress.

Bush would have had to have total control over what every other intelligence agency in the world was reporting or a mind control ray that kept everyone in Congress and the world from hearing what they REALLY thought.

When Congress had its investigation into the spurious claims he would have had, once again, to use his awesome mind control powers to make everyone agree there was not one shred of evidence that Congress or the People were lied to.

I AM tired of being lied to, BY PEOPLE like you.

Also assuming Bush lied one must also assume Clinton lied for 8 years as President and ordered several attacks on Iraq based on his lying. Now while Clinton is a proven liar I just don't see your type making this claim.

To the Bush haters the Kurds were not gassed - they died from the common cold

Oh, they were gassed alright....they were gassed before Dubya's daddy invaded Iraq the first time.

which sort of blunts that argument about the urgency of going in before Blix had a chance to tell us what we now all know: that Saddam didn't HAVE any fucking WMD's so we didn't need to invade him, throw the region into turmoil, and flush a trilllion dollars and 3500 lives down the shitter.

Oh, they were gassed alright....they were gassed before Dubya's daddy invaded Iraq the first time.

which sort of blunts that argument about the urgency of going in before Blix had a chance to tell us what we now all know: that Saddam didn't HAVE any fucking WMD's so we didn't need to invade him, throw the region into turmoil, and flush a trilllion dollars and 3500 lives down the shitter.

See post # 63

Let the spin begin MM

See post # 63

Let the spin begin MM

maybe you didn't understand me the other day:

i have no intention of engaging you in any sort of substantive dialog...I have no intention of reading any of your cut and paste posts...I have no intention of opening up any of your links...UNTIL you settle up and answer the raft of questions that I have posted over the past few weeks.

If you don't care to do that, and we both know that you don't.... save us both the time and don't bother responding to me again.

thank you in advance.

maybe you didn't understand me the other day:

i have no intention of engaging you in any sort of substantive dialog...I have no intention of reading any of your cut and paste posts...I have no intention of opening up any of your links...UNTIL you settle up and answer the raft of questions that I have posted over the past few weeks.

If you don't care to do that, and we both know that you don't.... save us both the time and don't bother responding to me again.

thank you in advance.

so you are still ignoring facts - nothing new for you

Still waiting patiently for some evidence that anyone knew BEFORE the invasion that Saddam had no stockpiles. Still waiting for the explaination of how Saddam was no threat when AFTER the invasion we have reams of captured documents that prove he was going to return to mass production of chemical and biological weapons, with the scientists, stocks and facilities he still had, how he was going to return to active pursuit of a nuclear weapon, again with the scientists knowledge and equipment he still had, maybe you could explain why he was researching missiles in violation of the cease fire, ones specifically designed to deliver payloads he supposedly didn't have?

I am still waiting for you to actually read what Blix said. He was clear, Saddam Hussein was NOT meeting his obligations, he was preventing open access, he was working to prevent the teams from doing their jobs and was still preventing free movement and free inspection rights.

Still waiting patiently for some evidence that anyone knew BEFORE the invasion that Saddam had no stockpiles. Still waiting for the explaination of how Saddam was no threat when AFTER the invasion we have reams of captured documents that prove he was going to return to mass production of chemical and biological weapons, with the scientists, stocks and facilities he still had, how he was going to return to active pursuit of a nuclear weapon, again with the scientists knowledge and equipment he still had, maybe you could explain why he was researching missiles in violation of the cease fire, ones specifically designed to deliver payloads he supposedly didn't have?

You are in for a long wait

MM has a severe phobia when it comes to facts

I am still waiting for you to actually read what Blix said. He was clear, Saddam Hussein was NOT meeting his obligations, he was preventing open access, he was working to prevent the teams from doing their jobs and was still preventing free movement and free inspection rights.

like I said, if Bush had not kicked Blix out in his rush to invade, we would have found out BEFORE invading.

I believe that, after 9/11, we needed to prioritize our battles in this world...and our battles against islamic extremism were infinitely more important than Saddam..... you obviously disagree. so be it.

I have read what Blix said....and I disagree that he was saying those things about Saddam in the weeks before Bush asked him to leave.

like I said, if Bush had not kicked Blix out in his rush to invade, we would have found out BEFORE invading.

I believe that, after 9/11, we needed to prioritize our battles in this world...and our battles against islamic extremism were infinitely more important than Saddam..... you obviously disagree. so be it.

I have read what Blix said....and I disagree that he was saying those things about Saddam in the weeks before Bush asked him to leave.

You must NOT have read the link showing the WMD's may have went to Syria

He said them in his official report to the UN. There is no room for disagreement, well except when you "parse" his words and throw in a little Nuiance.

As you like to say " just as soon as you answer MY questions"

Still waiting for that evidence that Bush lied.

Bush said he there was no doubt that Saddam had WMD's. He expressed and his team expressed on numerous occasions the ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY of Saddam's stockpile of WMD's.

Now...if that statement of ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY was TRUE statement...if he really was absolutely certain...if there really WAS NO DOUBT, then he should have been able to produce those stockpiles. In FACT, George Tenet explains quite eloquently, that all of the intelligence concerning Saddam's WMD's came laden with caveats and qualifiers....this bit of information was from a very old satellite photo...this one was from a single source...this one had conflicting reports that discounted it... and on and on..... those caveats and qualifiers are - by their very nature - PROOF of doubt - PROOF of the absence of ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY. To state there is NO doubt when some level of doubt does exist...to claim absolute certainty when there was a degree of uncertainty...those statements are LIES.

lie [lahy] noun, verb, lied, ly·ing.
–noun 1. a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.
2. something intended or serving to convey a false impression; imposture: His flashy car was a lie that deceived no one.
3. an inaccurate or false statement.

Bush said he there was no doubt that Saddam had WMD's. He expressed and his team expressed on numerous occasions the ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY of Saddam's stockpile of WMD's.

Now...if that statement of ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY was TRUE statement...if he really was absolutely certain...if there really WAS NO DOUBT, then he should have been able to produce those stockpiles. In FACT, George Tenet explains quite eloquently, that all of the intelligence concerning Saddam's WMD's came laden with caveats and qualifiers....this bit of information was from a very old satellite photo...this one was from a single source...this one had conflicting reports that discounted it... and on and on..... those caveats and qualifiers are - by their very nature - PROOF of doubt - PROOF of the absence of ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY. To state there is NO doubt when some level of doubt does exist...to claim absolute certainty when there was a degree of uncertainty...those statements are LIES.

lie [lahy] noun, verb, lied, ly·ing.
–noun 1. a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.
2. something intended or serving to convey a false impression; imposture: His flashy car was a lie that deceived no one.
3. an inaccurate or false statement.

Dems said Saddam had WMD's as well

Were they lying to?

Forum List

Back