"Quick Reply" box gone?

Pogo

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2012
Fennario
OK several threads in a row, I notice the box that used to be at the bottom for "quick reply" is gone. I have the horizontal bar that says that, but there's no box to post in. This means the only way to post is to respond to another post.

:dunno:

OK several threads in a row, I notice the box that used to be at the bottom for "quick reply" is gone. I have the horizontal bar that says that, but there's no box to post in. This means the only way to post is to respond to another post.

No, at the top and bottom on the left of every page in a thread is a "post reply" button.

No, at the top and bottom on the left of every page in a thread is a "post reply" button.

I have the one at the top (which I never noticed before so that's at least a way to post without quoting someone). But the box at the bottom is still missing. Java wanted to do an update, and I did that and restarted the browser (Chrome) but it's still missing.

I have the one at the top (which I never noticed before so that's at least a way to post without quoting someone). But the box at the bottom is still missing. Java wanted to do an update, and I did that and restarted the browser (Chrome) but it's still missing.

You don't have a "post reply" button right above the "quick reply" heading??

Yes, and thanks for that too --- never saw that before either. But that's not what I'm talking about. I mean the box at the bottom with minimal controls that you can throw out a quick post. It also usually has a button that says "Go Advanced" that brings up the full box. So now I have the dark horizontal bar that SAYS "Quick Reply" but there's nothing to quick reply in.

Actually I'm liking these two buttons you showed me -- they open the full box. The other one remains a mystery.

Regardless of any suggestions you may have received, all you have to do is go to the Quick Reply toolbar and click the little symbol on the far right.

Done!

Please send fees in the form of Positive Rep to asaratis!

Where does the little double-arrow pointing down take you? To the left of the thanks button.

!! :confused:

Once again a button I never clicked before, and that does open up the quick reply. But it wasn't there before I clicked that button. Now it shows up. Weird.

Edit: once I put this post up and went back to check, now the box shows up as it's supposed to. Going on to test on some other threads.
I've never ever clicked that particular button before -- the window was automatically there until yesterday. Discovering a slew of new buttons...

Last edited:
Well, I looked in on several threads and the box seems to have returned ever since I clicked that arrow on the lower right of a post. Whatever the constipation was is um, flushed.

Still don't know why that happened but the ship seems to have righted itself for now. Thanks Boop and Asaratis.

Mine is alive and well...

Well, I looked in on several threads and the box seems to have returned ever since I clicked that arrow on the lower right of a post. Whatever the constipation was is um, flushed.

Still don't know why that happened but the ship seems to have righted itself for now. Thanks Boop and Asaratis.

Any time, hon.

Nope, right there where it always was.

Yes, and thanks for that too --- never saw that before either. But that's not what I'm talking about. I mean the box at the bottom with minimal controls that you can throw out a quick post. It also usually has a button that says "Go Advanced" that brings up the full box. So now I have the dark horizontal bar that SAYS "Quick Reply" but there's nothing to quick reply in.

Actually I'm liking these two buttons you showed me -- they open the full box. The other one remains a mystery.

Options
Show your signatureQuote message in reply?

It's still there for me.....I use Safari....but I never use it....I like the advanced

Forum List

Back