Questions for evolutionists...

Originally posted by Bern80
Uh that's not how evolution works. An ape didn't just give birth to a human. They evolved as pretty much as nycflasher stated. changes in gene structure do not occur overnight

what's your pt? Birds have strikingly similar bone structure to certain dinosaurs

again, what's your pt.?

"an ape didn't give birth to a human...not occur overnight"

where are the intermediates?

my point is that there are limitations...dogs only will ever produce dogs. cross breed them all you want, it'll never happen. THERE ARE LIMITATIONS!!

Originally posted by nycflasher
I guess someone was sleeping in science class, lol...

um...ok, prove to me that his finch's aren't finches. yeah...they are still finches.

Originally posted by deciophobic

my point is that there are limitations...dogs only will ever produce dogs. cross breed them all you want, it'll never happen. THERE ARE LIMITATIONS!!

Is it logically possible that they're remaining to be found? How do you know there are limitations?

Originally posted by Isaac Brock
I can't speak for every school, but I was taught evolution was a theory in my biology class. If they teach it as a fact, they're wrong, if they teach it as a theory, they are correct.

also, it's not just in school, go look at any kids storybook about dino's...the first sentence will say something like this: "millions of years ago...dinosaurs roamed the earth"

what does that tell the kids?

Do you mean why aren't they around now? Probably cause they didn't survive natural selection. I believe cro magnan man (don't think i spelled that right) is in between. Look at some of the skeletons that have been dug up over time. They look half ape half human. I would call that an intermediate.

i don't disagree. Again what is your pt? as in what does it have to do with refuting evolution?

in response to another post evolution is about as vailid as any other theory out there in that they are all as weak if not more so

No one thinks you evolved from a watermelon, though in an earlier post this seems to be ytour interpretation of evolution.:p:

But yes, it's just a theory. Regardless of whether you believe in it or not, I don't see how you can't live a "life [of] meaning [and] purpose."(your words)

Originally posted by Isaac Brock
Is it logically possible that they're remaining to be found? How do you know there are limitations?

how do i know there are limitations? hmmm, well as i've said for what seems like the billionth time, has a dog ever produced a non dog, has a cow ever produced a non cow? NO!

rabbits have adapted to live in both negative temperatures and in desserts. they can no longer interbread, cuz their genetic makeup is too different. But guess what, they're still rabbits.

how do i know there are limitations? hmmm, well as i've said for what seems like the billionth time, has a dog ever produced a non dog, has a cow ever produced a non cow? NO!

I've never produced a child. I've never eaten ice cream in Cleveland. Doesn't mean I won't.

You ask for proof of things, but I think you might be confused as to what qualifies as proof and what is logical.

Do you mean why aren't they around now? Probably cause they didn't survive natural selection. I believe cro magnan man (don't think i spelled that right) is in between. Look at some of the skeletons that have been dug up over time. They look half ape half human. I would call that an intermediate.

I assume you are talking about skeletons like "Lucy"?

Yeah, you probably haven't been told that its skeleton was found over the space of a mile, why would they think it was part of the same animal. Oh yeah, it is neither male nor female! Scientists say it is just an extinct ape!

No one thinks you evolved from a watermelon, though in an earlier post this seems to be ytour interpretation of evolution.:p:

I meant we are all related to watermelon...darwin said assuredly we all must have had a common ancestor(the first ameoba) or something like that.

I assume you are talking about skeletons like "Lucy"?

Yeah, you probably haven't been told that its skeleton was found over the space of a mile, why would they think it was part of the same animal. Oh yeah, it is neither male nor female! Scientists say it is just an extinct ape!

Because the bones can be dated and DNA tested. I don't know, faith in science i guess

But if you want to argue the validity of evolution as far as the credible evidence it has i would say it has about as much hard evidence as say creationism, which, if what people are saying about evolution is true, isn't much. So it's kinda a crap shoot isn't it?

I've never produced a child. I've never eaten ice cream in Cleveland. Doesn't mean I won't.

has nothing to do with evolution buddy.

Because the bones can be dated and DNA tested.

But if you want to argue the validity of evolution as far as the credible evidence it has i would say it has about as much hard evidence as say creationism, which, if what people are saying about evolution is true, isn't much. So it's kinda a crap shoot isn't it?

Do you know how they date fossils? By the layer it is found in(geologic column) Do you know how they date the layers? by the fossils found in them. that's circular reasoning! oh yeah, the geologic column isn't found anywhere in the world in it's supposed order, cept in textbooks.

If they find a fossil that doesn't fit with the date they expect, they throw it out.

As for the dating in general...they have dated freshly killed seals to 10,000 years old. my point is dating is inaccurate at best.

Actually, creation has tons of hard evidence to back it up, not just what the bible says.

but if we go by what you said, again i go back to, why is only evolution being taught in public schools? and as fact to boot.

Actually, creation has tons of hard evidence to back it up, not just what the bible says.

but if we go by what you said, again i go back to, why is only evolution being taught in public schools? and as fact to boot.

there are tons of books out there and websites to check out. my original post is just one of the sites, you should check em out so you can see the evidence for creation(it's more than evolution has btw)

Okay explain it to me like i'm a two or old (hold the sarcasm though) What is creationism and what is the evidence for it?

Okay explain it to me like i'm a two or old (hold the sarcasm though) What is creationism and what is the evidence for it?

gotta hear this

I could go on for days...i'm not trying to avoid your question but there is just tons of sites and books out there for you to check out on your own.

but here are a few basics...

God created universe in 6 days, all the original animals lived together(including dinos).

There was a flood about 1400 years later (btw, the bible says the scoffers will be ignorant of the flood which explain a lot of the world today, like the grand canyon, the earths plates, mid atlantic ridge, etc.)

go to this site for the rest, my fingers are tired...http://drdino.com/QandA/index.jsp

God created universe in 6 days, all the original animals lived together(including dinos).

so humans and dinos lived together? Why then haven't fossiles from say apes been found in the same time period as dinos. BTW things aren't dated by what layer they are found or anything like that. Most fossils are carbon dated which happens things become fossilized and happens regardless of layer.

Forum List

Back