CDZ Question!

Yup, they do this. They get arrested, they get a notification for a court date, and then they disappear never to show up in court.

Pretty slick how that works out for them.

If there are problems in how we deal with legal requests for asylum, we need to fix that instead of preventing them from applying. A wall didn't stop them anyway.

IF there are problems? LOL you can't even acknowledge that there are problems, and the problem is we are the only damn country in the world that tolerates the nonsense we tolerate and when somoene is like "this is bullshit" our own government calls us racists and tells us to shut up.

Of course there are problems, and, yes, it is bullshit for our government to require 3 to 5 years for a decision. We need to fix that.
Yup, and a wall would cut down illegal immigration. Not eliminate it, but cut it down immensely

And that's why no one in Washington was serious about building the damn thing until Trump came along.

Let's imagine that Amazon or Wal Mart were in charge of our countries finances, how long would it take for either company to do a cost/benefit analysis and determine that literally billions of dollars would be saved each year by building a damn perimeter security fence on our southern border? That's not even considering the national security implications, just the cost/benefit analysis.

The US is a country, not a business, and can not be run like a business.And certainly not by an idiot that has gone bankrupt so many times.

Yup, they do this. They get arrested, they get a notification for a court date, and then they disappear never to show up in court.

To be fair to them, their court date is anywhere from 3-5 years from the time they were arrested, and I don't believe we should be holding people for 3 years waiting for a court date.

The law simply needs to be changed, if you come across illegally you are deported IMMEDIATELY, no court date.

Or we could have enough judges to prevent such a long delay.

Do you not understand that the reason there is such a delay is becuase of so many people coming into this country illegally and being arrested and then getting a court date?

I mean come on , If you TRULY wanted people to get faster hearings you would say "build the damn fence so illegals will stop clogging up the lines"

And that's just the truth Bulldog, you either don't understand the issue, or you don't care.

Building the fence would alleviate a MULTITUDE of problems.

Nope. Anybody has the right to request asylum. That is a given. If we aren't set up to process those requests, that is out fault. You are trying to say asylum seekers are no different than migrants who just want across the border are the same thing. They are not.

80% of people who come through our southern border and request asylum are eventually declined asylum when and if they do show up for a hearing. Why is that? Because asylumm seekers aren't sneaking into our country through our southern border, economic migrants and criminals are.

You champion a broken system.

17th request. Why did Democrats vote for a security fence in 2006 and 2009 but now believe it is the devil itself? Why won't you address that point? Oh that's right.

I don't champion the system as it exists. I do think it can be fixed. I have addressed previous fences. Perhaps you should reread what has been said. A wall to prevent asylum seekers from applying without giving them a reasonable rout to apply is immoral.

To be fair to them, their court date is anywhere from 3-5 years from the time they were arrested, and I don't believe we should be holding people for 3 years waiting for a court date.

The law simply needs to be changed, if you come across illegally you are deported IMMEDIATELY, no court date.

Do you not understand that the reason there is such a delay is becuase of so many people coming into this country illegally and being arrested and then getting a court date?

I mean come on , If you TRULY wanted people to get faster hearings you would say "build the damn fence so illegals will stop clogging up the lines"

And that's just the truth Bulldog, you either don't understand the issue, or you don't care.

Nope. Anybody has the right to request asylum. That is a given. If we aren't set up to process those requests, that is out fault. You are trying to say asylum seekers are no different than migrants who just want across the border are the same thing. They are not.

80% of people who come through our southern border and request asylum are eventually declined asylum when and if they do show up for a hearing. Why is that? Because asylumm seekers aren't sneaking into our country through our southern border, economic migrants and criminals are.

17th request. Why did Democrats vote for a security fence in 2006 and 2009 but now believe it is the devil itself? Why won't you address that point? Oh that's right.

I don't champion the system as it exists. I do think it can be fixed. I have addressed previous fences. Perhaps you should reread what has been said. A wall to prevent asylum seekers from applying without giving them a reasonable rout to apply is immoral.

My God man, if you stent the flow of illegals you decrease the wait time to get a hearing, what part of that is so hard for you to understand?

And why should a person who did things LEGALLY be required to wait 3-5 years for THEIR hearing because of people who came in ILLEGALLY? Why do you hate legal immigrants?

If there are problems in how we deal with legal requests for asylum, we need to fix that instead of preventing them from applying. A wall didn't stop them anyway.

IF there are problems? LOL you can't even acknowledge that there are problems, and the problem is we are the only damn country in the world that tolerates the nonsense we tolerate and when somoene is like "this is bullshit" our own government calls us racists and tells us to shut up.

Of course there are problems, and, yes, it is bullshit for our government to require 3 to 5 years for a decision. We need to fix that.

Correct, it should take 3-5 minutes "oh you came across our southern border, turn right around and go back" done

16th request Bulldog. Why was a fence absolutely necessary in 2009, but now Democrats believe it is immoral, racist, old fashioned, too expensive, and just outright against the God that oh yeah Democrats also tell us has no business in government?

It's a stupid question. Of course some barriers are helpful in some locations. Not a stupid Trump Wall.

It's not a stupid question, Trump is proposing 550 miles of new additional barriers, Democrats voted for MORE than that in 2009.

Come on man, at least be honest.

Asylum seekers deserve the chance to apply. It is immoral to turn them away without a fair evaluation of their application.

Correct, it should take 3-5 minutes "oh you came across our southern border, turn right around and go back" done

16th request Bulldog. Why was a fence absolutely necessary in 2009, but now Democrats believe it is immoral, racist, old fashioned, too expensive, and just outright against the God that oh yeah Democrats also tell us has no business in government?

It's a stupid question. Of course some barriers are helpful in some locations. Not a stupid Trump Wall.

It's not a stupid question, Trump is proposing 550 miles of new additional barriers, Democrats voted for MORE than that in 2009.

Come on man, at least be honest.

Asylum seekers deserve the chance to apply. It is immoral to turn them away without a fair evaluation of their application.

No it isn't

Immoral is telling people who follow the law that they must wait in a 3-5 year line because some people don't want to follow the law.

Immoral is pretending that US citizens being routinely killed by people who should not be in this country is no big deal.

But most importantly let me say this. Morals are a religious construct and I don't want YOUR religion in MY government.

My God man, if you stent the flow of illegals you decrease the wait time to get a hearing, what part of that is so hard for you to understand?

And why should a person who did things LEGALLY be required to wait 3-5 years for THEIR hearing because of people who came in ILLEGALLY? Why do you hate legal immigrants?

It's our fault that applicants have to wait 3 to 5 years.

It's our fault that applicants have to wait 3 to 5 years.

Yes it is, it's our fault for allowing people to sneak into this country and cause the line to be so long. And that is what Trump is trying to fix.

Meister , here's Bulldog and other liberal's argument in a nut shell.

"Walls don't work and if you build walls you are keeping asylum seekers from getting into this country to request asylum and that's immoral" LOL No wonder bulldog posts in the Clean Zone where people can't tell him the truth about his ideas.

why are American politicians talking about negotiating American border security? Why is it even up for debate? And, who are the Democrats working for? It doesn’t seem to be America.

You seem to have pretty much wrapped up your own thread. Definitely tells you the Democrats are not in there for you. And their puppeteering supporters here are not for you either.

Yup, and a wall would cut down illegal immigration. Not eliminate it, but cut it down immensely

And that's why no one in Washington was serious about building the damn thing until Trump came along.

Let's imagine that Amazon or Wal Mart were in charge of our countries finances, how long would it take for either company to do a cost/benefit analysis and determine that literally billions of dollars would be saved each year by building a damn perimeter security fence on our southern border? That's not even considering the national security implications, just the cost/benefit analysis.

The US is a country, not a business, and can not be run like a business.And certainly not by an idiot that has gone bankrupt so many times.

Oh I missed this little gem from you until now

A) If the government can't be run like a business, meaning using cost/benefit analysis then the Democrats must immediately drop their arguments about the cost of a wall (especially given that they have already voted for it twice in the past LOL)

B) Trump didn't file for bankruptcy, a few of the many companies he owned have. Big deal.

Let's face it Bulldog, you don't actually understand the issue at all, you simply know that the Democrats now oppose a wall , so you do too. If Nancy Pelosi came out tomorrow and said "I've evolved and now believe we need a wall" you would as well.

The realization that leeching and blood letting weren't sound medical procedures?

Kinda like we now realize there are much better ways to secure the border than a medieval wall.
Okay.....explain them, okay?

Lots of ways. First step is to get more personnel to deal with the recent increase in asylum seekers so they don't have to wait months at normal points of entry. Other things include drones, more border patrol, sensors, etc.
It still wouldn't be enough personnel for the 1,000's of asylum seekers. Most just want in and then disperse before their day in court.
drones and sensors would only relay the breech, but not stop it.
Even hiring more border patrol wouldn't help in a porous border that we have.

If someone wants across a fence, they will get across a fence.
And if someone wants into your house, they will get into your house. So, why bother locking your doors. Am I right?

They made no effort to avoid the capture, instead they purposefully lined up and waited for border patrol to "capture" them.

So basically the American taxpayer would be forced to pay more and more and more money to accommodate the invaders? How is that even fair? Remember that only 50% of Americans actually pay federal taxes.

Invaders? % that pay federal taxes? Typical right wing silliness. As usual you can;t stay on subject. If your argument is failing, you have to try to throw some unrelated talking point in. I'm surprised you didn't mention Hillary or Benghazi.
I am on topic! Yes, invaders! What would you call 30 million uninvited Americans running across the border into Mexico?

The democrats are working for more potential democrat voters on this issue.

Trump wants to curb illegal immigration.

That's pretty much the long and the short of it.

There was 1.3 trillion allocated last year, but less than 10% of that has been spent. If Trump cared about border security instead of just building a stupid wall, he could have done lots with that money. He didn't

Specifically, what was $1.3 TRILLION allocated for last year.

According to this, the only thing allocated for more than $1.3 TRILLION is or entire budget for Social Security. Show us the other $1.3 TRILLION allocations. Thank you!

2017_pres_budget_total_spending_pie.png

Not sure how many times I need to acknowledge my mistake.and correct the numbers. 3 or 4 should be enough. Please read the conversation.

I did read the conversation and made posts as I went along.

I also acknowledged your apology. You're the one that made such an outrageously wrong statement and then repeated it in other posts. I can forgive the first time, as perhaps a typo, but you repeated it which others noticed as well. Perhaps next time you post "facts" you'll check them out first. If you can post here, you had the resource available to check yourself.

Thank you!

Last edited:
There was 1.3 trillion allocated last year, but less than 10% of that has been spent. If Trump cared about border security instead of just building a stupid wall, he could have done lots with that money. He didn't

Specifically, what was $1.3 TRILLION allocated for last year.

According to this, the only thing allocated for more than $1.3 TRILLION is or entire budget for Social Security. Show us the other $1.3 TRILLION allocations. Thank you!

2017_pres_budget_total_spending_pie.png

Not sure how many times I need to acknowledge my mistake.and correct the numbers. 3 or 4 should be enough. Please read the conversation.

I did read the conversation and made posts ass I went along.

I also acknowledged your apology. You're the one that made such an outrageously wrong statement and then repeated it in other posts. I can forgive the first time, as perhaps a typo, but you repeated it which others noticed as well. Perhaps next time you post "facts" you'll check them out first. If you can post here, you had the resource available to check yourself.

Thank you!

Yes. I mistakenly posted from a faulty memory, and corrected it when that was pointed out. I'll have myself flogged first thing in the morning if that will make you happy. You ever been mistaken?

Oh that's an easy one Donovan. Obama was president.
What's strange is that even though it was voted on, nothing got done. Just like when Reagan was president.
Politicians are nothing but lip service and nothing gets done.
They don't like Trump because he gets things done.
But Trump isn't part of the Good Ol' Boys Club on the hill....and therein lies the problem

My highlight above.

President Ronald Reagan was PROMISED, by the Democrats, that if Reagan would grant amnesty to all current illegal aliens, about 3 million people, the Democrats would pass legislation to overhaul our immigration laws and close our porous Southern border. They lied and did nothing.

We're not going to buy into that again.

Lucy%20football-Th.gif

Forum List

Back