Question:

I'm guessing it's similar to George Carlin's theory about Plastic. The Earth Likes it - it's just another one of her children.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjmtSkl53h4]Carlin on the Environment[/ame]

Oil is as natural as water. As Land, as anything else we see before us. It's what we DO with it...Responsibly [I might add]...that defines it's worth to us.

As with anything the Earth gives us, is there for us to use for the Human species, and others to survive. There was a time not so long ago when we used rivers for toilets...we cleaned up our act (At least this country has)...

Stewardship folks. Good stewardship is the key. NOT the non-use of a resource there naturally.

Oh man....now there you go spouting off about being responsible, and telling people that a natural resource is....well....natural.....jeez, the next thing you are going to say is that mankind is not inherently evil and out to destroy mother earth...how could you!
Oil is as natural as water. As Land, as anything else we see before us. It's what we DO with it...Responsibly [I might add]...that defines it's worth to us.

As with anything the Earth gives us, is there for us to use for the Human species, and others to survive. There was a time not so long ago when we used rivers for toilets...we cleaned up our act (At least this country has)...

Stewardship folks. Good stewardship is the key. NOT the non-use of a resource there naturally.

One might ask the same thing about liberal Democrats. If they keep screwing up the country, why are they allowed to remain in politics?

Oh man....now there you go spouting off about being responsible, and telling people that a natural resource is....well....natural.....jeez, the next thing you are going to say is that mankind is not inherently evil and out to destroy mother earth...how could you!

I see. So it is your precept that MAN...and especially the 'Eevill Corporations' set out to destroy that which sustains them?

Do *YOU* really want to have that as your answer? Seriously? It is my HOPE that this is *Tongue-In-Cheek*

Last edited:
Here's a quick history lesson for you. Way back in 1932 a communist newspaper I have decried the fact that only 2% of this countries population controlled 76% of the nations wealth. Then, the democratic party gained control of both houses of congress and did so for a continuous 40 years, they also controlled the presidency for a large percentage of that time as well.

So what do you think the percentages were after that 40 year run? ONE percent of the population now controls 90% So who were the democrats working for? 'Cause they sure weren't working for the little guy!
One might ask the same thing about liberal Democrats. If they keep screwing up the country, why are they allowed to remain in politics?

Because the alternative is so much worse.

If Oil is destroying the planet? Then WHY does the planet manufacture it?

-Ponder-

This is what the sean hannity fan club brings to USMB?

good gawd! :lol:

Oil destroying the planet? Who talks like that? Tea Party Lunatics, that's who.

Look at photos taken of Los Angeles before the state of CA demanded cars produce cleaner emissions.

And look at acid rain legislation and what it has done to save our natural resources.

we could go on but... My favorite Ohio Tea Party Lunatic Meetup is happening online.

If Oil is destroying the planet? Then WHY does the planet manufacture it?

-Ponder-

This is what the sean hannity fan club brings to USMB?

good gawd! :lol:

Oil destroying the planet? Who talks like that? Tea Party Lunatics, that's who.

Look at photos taken of Los Angeles before the state of CA demanded cars produce cleaner emissions.

And look at acid rain legislation and what it has done to save our natural resources.

we could go on but... My favorite Ohio Tea Party Lunatic Meetup is happening online.

LOL. And Si has definately found her scientific peer level.

Yep, a gathering of the willfully ignorant. Stupid and working hard to stay that way.

Because the alternative is so much worse.
Here's a quick history lesson for you. Way back in 1932 a communist newspaper I have decried the fact that only 2% of this countries population controlled 76% of the nations wealth. Then, the democratic party gained control of both houses of congress and did so for a continuous 40 years, they also controlled the presidency for a large percentage of that time as well.

So what do you think the percentages were after that 40 year run? ONE percent of the population now controls 90% So who were the democrats working for? 'Cause they sure weren't working for the little guy!

Isn't it obvious? They were working for the class that ended up with control over the nations resources.

fact:
and conservatives and the GOP fought the Democrats every step of the way .. on behalf of the wealthy class

Forum List

Back