Question: Who do you think republicans will go after first? And why?

So who do you think they’ll go after first?

And why?

Gays

African-Americans

Hispanics

women’s rights

Muslims

Someone else I haven’t listed?
Privacy rights will clearly be targeted first by seeking to overturn Roe.

Then immigrants will be attacked after Plyler is overturned.

Next to be disadvantaged are gay and transgender Americans when Lawrence and Obergefell are overturned.

We’ll also see Establishment Clause jurisprudence eroded allowing discrimination against Muslims, other minority religions, and those free from religion.

Voting rights have already been gutted; and we’ll see laws that place an undue burden on the right to vote upheld by the Court.

The reason why is simple: conservatives are authoritarians, they fear change, diversity, and dissent – and have nothing but contempt for expressions of individual liberty.

And as frightened authoritarians, conservatives seek to disadvantage those whom they perceive to be ‘different’ and a ‘threat’ in an effort to remove them from political participation and relegate them to the fringes of society.

And why?

Gays

African-Americans

Hispanics

women’s rights

Muslims

What do you mean, "first?"
You think Kavanaugh, one justice out of nine, is going to turn the Republican bigots loose?
I don't believe that will happen.
Of course it will happen.

Kavanaugh is one of five social conservative and reactionary justices on the Supreme Court hostile to privacy rights, due process rights, and the right to equal protection of the law.

All it takes is a five-vote majority.

This is supposed to be about who Republicans on the Supreme Court will go after first.

I'm torn between women's rights and gays. Republicans seem to hate those the most. Even more than blacks, Hispanics or Muslims.
Needless to say the authoritarian right will attempt to conceal its fear, bigotry, racism, and hate behind the façade of “states’ rights” and “will of the people” – when in fact they couldn’t care less about either.

And why?

Gays

African-Americans

Hispanics

women’s rights

Muslims

For the most part, Republicans are impotent in attacking gays, blacks and women
They talk the talk to rile up their base and do nothing

Hispanics and Muslims are still subject to Republican bigoted legislation
Republicans might currently be impotent in attacking gays, blacks, and women – but in the next few years that will change, the consequence of Supreme Court rulings that will allowed Republican controlled states to ignore the rights of citizens and disadvantage gay, blacks, and women through force of law.

Forum List

Back