Question to conservative brothers and sisters-Is it OK to use foul language in political discussions?

The person who created this post obviously if from an older generation, a generation that was more heavily influenced by Judeo-Christian teachings instead of a drug induced woke orgy of lunatics.
Well I would tell you my friend I am in my mid 30s. I am influenced by the Catholic faith. But Iā€™m not overly religious. So anyone here who may think Iā€™m some sort of a aggressive Christian ā€¦. sorry if my posts made it out to be that way I suppose I couldā€™ve written it a bit better in that regard.

I could certainly read my Bible more but what influences me are the men and women of Catholic history who have helped to serve the poor who have stood for what is right.

Yeah itā€™s one thing to every now and then use some swearword. What Iā€™m really talking about though are the people who are using the rude and abusive language like 90% of the time. Like miketx I canā€™t imagine how he says the things he says and then can go on with life minutes after. Wow let me just look at his post my friendā€¦. again to each their own I am standing for freedom of speech. Iā€™ve been through a pretty brutal spinal cord injury so I donā€™t care if somebody is rude to me thatā€™s like the least of my concernsā€¦.. Iā€™ll simply wonder how people like Mike TX in those like him and see what they say and then go on with life. By the way Iā€™m not even against Mike TX I actually have celebrated some of his post so I hope he doesnā€™t misunderstandings.
I only talk that way to traitor criminal scum. It's the least they got coming.

I only talk that way to traitor criminal scum. It's the least they got coming.
I hear you but thatā€™s how people on the far left and BLM also talk. So thatā€™s where my opposition to such a conversation tactic comes from.

Like for example when somebody in the far left says white people have every advantage compared to blacks when they say America has an evil racist imperial history I kind of want to lash out at them.ā€¦.. because those types of viewpoints are very offensive to me and they go against common sense. But I always do my best to respond to those types of viewpoints as strongly and precisely as possible. I feel like the far left wants people like us to get upset and use tons of foul language ā€¦ and I donā€™t want to give into them.

It looks like you are highly skilled at posting videos and images. Your images and jokes in the thread about moonbat ā€¦. I thought a few of those were brilliant and you should have your own TV show or YouTube channel.

"Is it OK to use foul language in a political discussion?"
I'll steal a great line from Talleyrand here and say, "It's worse than a crime ... it's a blunder."

In a political discussion, you should have at least two aims:
(1) To learn what your opponent believes, and why. Know your enemy. And you want his best arguments. Especially since occasionally, he may be right. Foul language on your part inhibits this process.

(2) To refute your opponent's arguments, with better ones, so that

(a) You influence 'neutrals', and pull them towards your position, ... and foul language is not likely to impress them.

(b) You plant the 'gnawing worm of doubt' in your opponent's mind -- insulting them personally gets in the way of doing this.

(c) You reinforce the beliefs of people on your side, both by showing them that there are good arguments for your shared beliefs, held by people who are not-stupids, and by giving them these arguments to use themselves. Again, foul language, and indeed any language of the sort 'you are evil/stupid/etc' gets in the way of this.

I've seen many threads in political discussion forums where one side -- usually, I'm sorry to say, the Left -- makes a powerful argument, or at least one which on its face is powerful -- such as presenting a graph showing that 'Red' states have more violent crime than 'Blue' ones -- and which the people on the other side cannot immediately answer ... and this provokes from them just a flurry of insults. Nothing says "We lost the argument!" than a lot of nasty personal insults.

But let's not be too goody-goody here. The occasional foul word can be very powerful, if it's carefully chosen. These words exist in our language for a reason. For example, as a sudden shocking contrast, as in the following joke:
========================================
A young novitiate arrives at a to begin her training as a nun. After she has been in the convent just a few days, the local golf course offers free golfing lessons to all the nuns, and she signs up for them and goes with other nuns for her first lesson.

But in just a few hours, she returns to the convent in floods of tears, very upset. She is ushered in to see the Mother Superior, who sits her down and asks, "What is the matter, dear?"

"Oh, Mother, Mother", cries the young nun, "I blasphemed!!! I insulted the sacred ears of our Lord by taking His name in vain and saying terrible things!!!"

"Now, now, dear," the Mother Superior says soothingly. Our God is a loving God and a forgiving God. We all make mistakes. What was the occasion for your blasphemy?"

"Well," the young nun answers, "after our lesson, we all went out to the green to play a game. And my very first shot was almost perfect! It went at least half way to the first hole ... but then, as it hit the ground and rolled to a stop ... a squirrel ran out and grabbed the ball and begin to run off with it!!!"

"There, there, dear, " the Mother Superior replied, "why, anyone would have blasphemed at something like that... "

"No, no," cried the young nun. "I remained composed and said nothing ... but then ... as the squirrel was running away with the ball, an eagle dropped down out of the sky, and grabbed the squirrel in his claws, and begin to fly away with the squirrel and the ball!!"

"My goodness!" exclaimed the Mother Superior, "Why, anyone at that point would have blasphemed!!"

"No, no, Mother," sobbed the young nun ... "Even then, I did not utter words of blasphemy ... but .. as the eagle flew over the pond that is near the first hole, the squirrel dropped the ball, straight into the pond!"

"Extraordinary!" exclaimed the Mother Superior, "Satan at work! Well, I sure God will forgive your blasphemy at that point and..."

"No, no, no," interrupted the young nun. "Even then, I said nothing. And the ball fell straight down, and hit a turtle's hard shell, and bounced out of the pond, and .... it rolled to within a few feet of the first hole!"

"Stop!!!! Now I understand," said the Mother Superior, holding up her hand. "Now I know what happened... you need say no more ...and I am quite sure God will forgive your blasphemy ... I know exactly now what was the occasion of your blasphemy, something that would have tried the patience even of God Himself. You were provoked beyond human endurance, because ...
... You... Missed... The... Fucking... Putt!"
Thatā€™s a good post imo , thank you. Good point there about the term evil. You see Iā€™ve been using that term recently and there was a time when I didnā€™t want to use it.

I may have said before the ā€œBLM leaders are evil how can they do things like thisā€. When the better response the common sense response is I can say wait a minute I can tell you that the 400 years a slave argument is against logic because 1.5 million white people were enslaved by black North Africans during the time of the transatlantic slave trade. When white people were enslaving blacks blacks were enslaving whites so we should find a way to be equalā€¦ we donā€™t have any room in this country for groups called BLM or white lives matter. John F. Kennedy once said thereā€™s no room for race in this country. - ā€”ā€” I think that argument sounds much better than me just saying ā€œscrew BLMā€

But Hereā€™s the thing brother and I think you know this. Some people on the far left would refer to me as a Nazi or racist for merely saying what I said above. so that is also a part of the problemā€¦.

I am still astonished you referred to the proabortion crowd as more peaceful

So riddle me this, why is it that Chuck Schumer can get up there and make threats against SCOTUS If they ever dare overturn Roe vs Wade? Then how is it that a Left-wing group can post the address of those on the Supreme Court who ruled the Dobbs decision, as well as where they go to church and what schools their children attend and get away with it? Then when someone showed up to admittingly murder one of them because their addresses were posted, why is it that the addresses are allowed to continue to be posted on the internet where any bad mention of vaccines are instantly censored? Why then did not ONE of your democrats condmen the attempted assassination of a Supreme Court Justice? Biden made no mention of it and, instead, went on a late night program and made no reference to it. The GOP then tried to draft legislation to give them better protection, but again, not one of your democrats supported making them safer. It only gets better as protestors showed up at their houses after the assassination attempt, which is something that is 100% illegal to do, yet your democrats and Merrick Garland refused to enforce the laws on the books to close down the protests outside the homes of ONLY the conservative Supreme Court Justices.

So don't lecture me about peaceful human beings on the Left. You always knew there were loons in both parties, but I never thought I would see the day when they would take over the leadership of a political party like they have. The DNC is lawless and can be labeled a terrorist organization as far as I'm concerned.
Thereā€™s a misunderstanding here. I believe that only some portion of the pro abortion crowd is peaceful. I literally saw it on video Alex Stein a anti abortion person was yelling and screaming at peaceful pro abortion people.

I completely agree with you though that plenty of other pro abortion people are aggressive theyā€™re damaging private property. I said that I already said that I was the one who brought it up.

You may have missed that part of my post because thereā€™s been tons of post in the thread. We have a lot more we agree on.

I feel like Iā€™m the most critical person of abortion. So I donā€™t think we disagree on much.

I'm the first to admit that I don't understand politics. I don't understand what the behaviors are supposed to accomplish. A message board is one thing, but it's not all that much better in real life. Everyone screaming the nastiest things they can think of at each other, and regular communication is not allowed. I don't get what the point is.
We seen a little bit of that uncivilized behavior at school board meetings. Itā€™s unfortunate to see adults acting like that.

Look at the last presidential debates between Biden and trump. Those types of things donā€™t help.

But to your point I think most people act with Grace in public ā€¦where some of those same people act more aggressively online. So Iā€™ll stand by what I would say which is that in my view discourse online is much more toxic compared to in real person. I mean take for example online dating compared to dating in real life the ladder is much much better. Youā€™re on Tinder you donā€™t even know if the person is the same looking as in the picture but when youā€™re out there in real life you got all the options so many beautiful women. What a life

Thereā€™s a misunderstanding here. I believe that only some portion of the pro abortion crowd is peaceful. I literally saw it on video Alex Stein a anti abortion person was yelling and screaming at peaceful pro abortion people.

I completely agree with you though that plenty of other pro abortion people are aggressive theyā€™re damaging private property. I said that I already said that I was the one who brought it up.

You may have missed that part of my post because thereā€™s been tons of post in the thread. We have a lot more we agree on.

I feel like Iā€™m the most critical person of abortion. So I donā€™t think we disagree on much.
I think we do have a big disagreement, that is, the leadership of the proabortion movement

Again, I never thought I would see the leaders of a major political party call for violence of it's base, then have it happen, and then do nothing about it. They would not even publicly condemn the violence and attempted assassination of a Supreme Court Justice. Can you imagine the response from the media had someone tried to assassinate Justice Brown?

You can speculate all you want about which side is worse, but I have seen far worse from the base of the DNC and the leadership they have chosen than the other side.

Not even close.

I think we do have a big disagreement, that is, the leadership of the proabortion movement

Again, I never thought I would see the leaders of a major political party call for violence of it's base, then have it happen, and then do nothing about it. They would not even publicly condemn the violence

You can speculate all you want about which side is worse, but I have seen far worse from the base of the DNC than the other side.

Not even close.
Thatā€™s why I said I agree with you. Thatā€™s why I didnā€™t vote for President Biden because like you said the top leader ship of the Democratic Party is pro abortion in addition to that the pro BLM. I believe this to be against Christianity and American values. Iā€™m glad to clear up the misunderstanding thereā€™s tons of threads here where I criticize Democrats in general for giving a blind eye to the BLM violence while constantly criticizing the January 6 event.

I still consider myself a Democrat because of the great Democrats of the 20th century.

Thatā€™s why I said I agree with you. Thatā€™s why I didnā€™t vote for President Biden because like you said the top leader ship of the Democratic Party is pro abortion in addition to that the pro BLM. I believe this to be against Christianity and American values.

I still consider myself a Democrat because of the great Democrats of the 20th century.
I'm curious, you say you vote for pro-life democrats?

Like who?

You do realize that the democrats 50 years ago are more right wing today than the GOP is today?

Right?

Instead of judging people on what label we call them or what race they are, etc maybe start to evaluate their character and actions instead.

But also know, had Trump not finally put Justices on the bench like he did, Roe vs. Wade would still be law of the land.
yeh... you just never know what can happen when people REPENT

and even though Trump has never, that i know of, said he repented of his past evils.. well,

Watch what people do more than what they say (is all i can say)

Liberals refuse to acknowledge Trump repented or evn that it might be he did.. because he was never supposed to give up on that "little" issue they love the most: babies being murdered legally

I am still astonished you referred to the proabortion crowd as more peaceful

So riddle me this, why is it that Chuck Schumer can get up there and make threats against SCOTUS If they ever dare overturn Roe vs Wade? Then how is it that a Left-wing group can post the address of those on the Supreme Court who ruled the Dobbs decision, as well as where they go to church and what schools their children attend and get away with it? Then when someone showed up to admittingly murder one of them because their addresses were posted, why is it that the addresses are allowed to continue to be posted on the internet where any bad mention of vaccines are instantly censored? Why then did not ONE of your democrats condmen the attempted assassination of a Supreme Court Justice? Biden made no mention of it and, instead, went on a late night program and made no reference to it. The GOP then tried to draft legislation to give them better protection, but again, not one of your democrats supported making them safer. It only gets better as protestors showed up at their houses after the assassination attempt, which is something that is 100% illegal to do, yet your democrats and Merrick Garland refused to enforce the laws on the books to close down the protests outside the homes of ONLY the conservative Supreme Court Justices.

So don't lecture me about peaceful human beings on the Left. You always knew there were loons in both parties, but I never thought I would see the day when they would take over the leadership of a political party like they have. The DNC is lawless and can be labeled a terrorist organization as far as I'm concerned.

I donā€™t believe the pro abortion crowd is more peaceful I donā€™t think I said that but if I did it was a typo. Iā€™m disabled I was in a wheelchair for a year and recovering pretty good but I still have a lot of trouble using my hands so I use the voice app brother.

Iā€™m agreeing with what your saying itt ā€¦. this post and the other post was made to clear up the misunderstanding between us

I'm curious, you say you vote for pro-life democrats?

Like who?

You do realize that the democrats 50 years ago are more right wing today than the GOP is today?

Right?

Instead of judging people on what label we call them or what race they are, etc maybe start to evaluate their character and actions instead.
Wait... that guy is lecturing us on WORDS

while voting for the baby murderers?

tell me it aint so!

Forum List

Back