Question Mods: Sig lines editing a posters full statement

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
I'm curious. I've noticed a lot of libs lately putting quotes from conservatives in their sig lines. But heavily edited. One in particular concerning me does not tell the whole story the way it is edited.

What if any rules are on this? I have no problem with it if you rule with heavy editing, because then it is fair game to turn it around.

Would just like some parameters. Thanks in advance.

yours,
td

I'm curious. I've noticed a lot of libs lately putting quotes from conservatives in their sig lines. But heavily edited. One in particular concerning me does not tell the whole story the way it is edited.

What if any rules are on this? I have no problem with it if you rule with heavy editing, because then it is fair game to turn it around.

Would just like some parameters. Thanks in advance.

yours,
td
Another con that needs a safe space.

Holy shit. Just turn "view signatures" off and move on with your life. This is as pathetic as complaining about flames about your dead cat, or whining about people rating "serious" threads as funny.

Holy shit. Just turn "view signatures" off and move on with your life. This is as pathetic as complaining about flames about your dead cat, or whining about people rating "serious" threads as funny.

I'm not bitching. I want to know the rules as to where I personally can take the issue.Can I edit a libs pro abortion quote to make them seem like a monster? This could get interesting.

:)

I don't whine. I don't bitch.

The same rules for quoting other members elsewhere on the board applies to quoting other members in your signature lines.

As with the board in general, if you feel like someone has altered the meaning of something that is being attributed back to you in their signature line, please report it and we'll take a look.

Please specify that you are reporting a signature line, not the post you found it in. This will go a long way towards moderating Moderator insanity.

Carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back