Question for those pushing a "living wage"

The pt is, it seems to me the OP and your posts evidence a belief that we should do nothing to help those who try hard but don't do as well ....

That's because you're a moron who thinks that we are helping people if and only if the government does it. You're FOS.

You take zero personal responsibility, you say they should get their insurance paid for free, then you send government out to do it with money confiscated by force. You pat yourself on the back for having done zero and condemn the people who actually paid for it.

Just a day at the office for a liberal...

oh fuck you if all you have is name calling.

You can't even try to address the point that some people work hard but through no fault of their own do not earn enough for a "liveable wage" or health care beyond out of pocket trip to the doc for a sore throat or something. The pt is that if society can redress that fact without costing the rest of us workers a hell of a lot, we can either try or do nothing. You choose nothing. And you can't even say why.

The difficulty is in separating the wheat from the chaff. Quite a few "economically disadvantaged" people got that way by their own hand.

I agree that those who got that way who never had a chance to begin with deserve our help. But ObamaCare does not separate the wheat from the chaff. It is a one size fits all "solution" which enables the abusers at everyone else's expense.

While the other thread implies that Republicans are against higher wages because business will suffer, you seem to be against them because poor people are undeserving of higher wages.

Are both true at the same time?

Or is the former given as the excuse, while the real reason is the latter?

I asked concrete questions with specific examples. You chose not to answer them and instead opted to make general and negative comments about my motives. Thus, I choose not to answer your questions. If you would like to try again with a post which is more related to my OP and not so personal, perhaps I will reconsider.
My intention was to make several posts, covering each area of contention, rather than one massive, and less readable one.

But first, I wanted to see where you were coming from...if you would actually say...or refuse to.

But why is it wrong for me to counter with a post questioning your motives? I had just read this response in the previous thread,

"Why should they even have to work at all? They should be allowed to have as big a family as they want and sit home and paint and get subsidized healthcare and housing and food."

I was using that quote for a baseline for discussion, rather than your op. Perhaps I shouldn't? Are we starting all over? You don't mean that any more?
You now have great personal respect for the downtrodden?

Noted: You, like bendog, appear to be determined to hold me accountable for your beliefs about my beliefs.

You may counter with whatever you want -- public forum and all. And bendog can continue to maintain that the OP has some "premise" of his own invention.

And I can take note of people who go personal with their preconceived notions rather than answering the questions asked in the OP.

:dunno:

Cons always ask for examples of something that wont change their minds. I think they prefer wasting everyones time and when someone refuses to waste time they claim victory from being ignorant of the answers.

That's because you believe that a twisted, self serving liberal slant is an "example" of something we asked for?

Uh no, I can ask you what you consider a legit news source and 10 times out of 10 you'll respond telling me which news sources ARE NOT legit and you'll never tell the secret lol

I'm a libertarian, not a con, but for this it's the same thing. You give evidence which would convince only the most partisan of Democrats (e.g., you), then ask why we aren't convinced.

I havent presented anything sparky.

I asked concrete questions with specific examples. You chose not to answer them and instead opted to make general and negative comments about my motives. Thus, I choose not to answer your questions. If you would like to try again with a post which is more related to my OP and not so personal, perhaps I will reconsider.
My intention was to make several posts, covering each area of contention, rather than one massive, and less readable one.

But first, I wanted to see where you were coming from...if you would actually say...or refuse to.

But why is it wrong for me to counter with a post questioning your motives? I had just read this response in the previous thread,

"Why should they even have to work at all? They should be allowed to have as big a family as they want and sit home and paint and get subsidized healthcare and housing and food."

I was using that quote for a baseline for discussion, rather than your op. Perhaps I shouldn't? Are we starting all over? You don't mean that any more?

Noted: You, like bendog, appear to be determined to hold me accountable for your beliefs about my beliefs.

You may counter with whatever you want -- public forum and all. And bendog can continue to maintain that the OP has some "premise" of his own invention.

And I can take note of people who go personal with their preconceived notions rather than answering the questions asked in the OP.

No, I merely asked what your beliefs were. There are people who work to the best of their ability but don't get a lot of it

10/10 not one question was touched. Skillz:D

Cons always ask for examples of something that wont change their minds. I think they prefer wasting everyones time and when someone refuses to waste time they claim victory from being ignorant of the answers.

Who are these cons of whom you speak?

The pt is, it seems to me the OP and your posts evidence a belief that we should do nothing to help those who try hard but don't do as well ....

That's because you're a moron who thinks that we are helping people if and only if the government does it. You're FOS.

You take zero personal responsibility, you say they should get their insurance paid for free, then you send government out to do it with money confiscated by force. You pat yourself on the back for having done zero and condemn the people who actually paid for it.

You can't even try to address the point that some people work hard but through no fault of their own do not earn enough for a "liveable wage" or health care beyond out of pocket trip to the doc for a sore throat or something. The pt is that if society can redress that fact without costing the rest of us workers a hell of a lot, we can either try or do nothing. You choose nothing. And you can't even say why.

I'm sick of the brain dead crap that you liberal idiots endlessly spew that if we don't believe in government redistribution schemes then we're against charity. Grow a pair and argue like a man. Fuck you and the fart that blew you in. Pussy.

As for the "and you can't say why," why don't you have an adult conversation where you make that point instead of starting with that not believing in government force to confiscate and redistribute money is actually being against charity.

Last edited:

I'm sick of the brain dead crap that you liberal idiots endlessly spew that if we don't believe in government distribution schemes then we're against charity. Grow a pair and argue like a man. Fuck you and the fart that blew you in. Pussy.

good eat shit and die, bitch. And let's ignore each other.

ps, if you're a female please read leaking asshole rather than bitch

Last edited:

This is the angle supporters of ObamaCare took that gets me the angriest. The unbelievable idea that those who are being forced to pay for the slackers in our society are the "freeloaders".

One third of the involuntarily uninsured are high school dropouts. These people will have to be carried by the rest of us. THEY are the freeloaders. THEY are being supported after making bad decisions.

And yet those who love ObamaCare call those who are being forced to buy insurance the freeloaders. Those who must be forced to buy insurance at rates higher than they deserve so they will offset the real freeloaders.

Simply incredible.

Well I don't love obamacare, but the fact is I was already carrying these folks because the present their sick kids to ERs when they are REALLY sick kids, don't pay and the bill get's forwardered to my insurer/employer, and ultimately passed to me or product cost hikes.

I object to the notion of "doing nothing."

And ps, not everyone who drops out of school had the ability to get through it or evidences malingering.

You actually are doing nothing. You're empowering government to do it for you. All you have to do is ignore what a God awful job they are doing of it. And you have to ignore the obvious reason for that is that when they spend other people's money, it's completely not done with the care of someone spending their own.

I'm sick of the brain dead crap that you liberal idiots endlessly spew that if we don't believe in government distribution schemes then we're against charity. Grow a pair and argue like a man. Fuck you and the fart that blew you in. Pussy.

good eat shit and die, bitch. And let's ignore each other.

ps, if you're a female please read leaking asshole rather than bitch

Once again you show you have nothing in your pants. Go ahead and run away and hide, coward, but I have no need to hide from you. There's obviously nothing to hide from.

You make an interesting point

But as a follow up. If your employee doesn't earn enough to support himself, should the taxpayer make up the difference?

Should an employer have the taxpayers support his employees just so that he can profit off of substandard wages?

Nope. Are you suggesting welfare recipients shouldn't be allowed to take jobs?

10/10 not one question was touched. Skillz:D

Then it's a tie

In another thread someone claimed that people have a right to be paid enough to support a family. I'd like to hear input from others on this.

Does a person with a paper route have the right to be paid enough to support a family?

Should a grocery bagger get paid enough to support a family?

What is the lowest level of job where you think the employers should be required to pay their employees enough to support a family? And how large of a family should this job be able to support?

If my brother quit his computer job and went to work as a Wal-Mart stocker, should he be able to expect Wal-Mart to pay him enough to support his six children?

Bump.

If someone would like to answer this, I would still be pleased to hear their input.

I'll check back later to see if there are people who are willing to discuss specific parameters.

Sometimes I think the people who support nonsense like 'living wage' or 'right to healthcare' have a constant chorus of "Wouldn't it be Nice", by the Beach Boys running through their subconscious.

[ame=http://youtu.be/lD4sxxoJGkA]The Beach Boys - Wouldn't It Be Nice (Original Video) - YouTube[/ame]

Should an employer have the taxpayers support his employees just so that he can profit off of substandard wages?

It works for Walmart. 5 individual people owning more wealth than the bottom 40% of the entire nation...rely on us to supplement their employees wages. (Plus they get huge tax breaks wherever they build) good deal!

You make an interesting point

But as a follow up. If your employee doesn't earn enough to support himself, should the taxpayer make up the difference?

End state welfare.. corporate and individual..

You don't make enough??.. work more jobs.. or do what you have to do...

Good answer....

But it assumes there are two or three additional low paying jobs available for the millions of people who do not make enough to support themselves or their families

Uh huh... funny how when things are not handed to you, how people tend to do what is necessary.. There ARE jobs out there... but many would rather do nothing to earn, what is in many cases, more than minimum wage

And again.. you don't earn enough, why are you having a family??

Why do you not garden?? Why do you not do odd jobs on the side?? Why do you not pull in family support or suck in your pride and pair up with others to help make ends meet??

Why are you against sharing a residence and feel you must be pandered to to gain subsidy for a private place??

This sense of entitlement to things beyond what is needed is one of the biggest problems our welfare state has brought about...

Forum List

Back