Question for Obama supporters/why do you never hold him accountable?

He flip flops just as much or more as anyone else. Yet when he does it a readily available excuse it primed to be fired. When a republican does it, its viewed as a lack of backbone or fiber.
I have been an equal opportunity bitcher when I see the gop doing stupid shit. I've had many threads about the mistakes of different gop positions or candidates. Hell, one of you even have my bitching in one of your sigs. The only one I have seen denounce anything Obama has done flat out was Plasmaball. Many of you hint at it but always have an excuse to fall back on.

Most recently is the flip flop that Obama has done with regard to superpacs. And let's be clear how big a flip this really is...

Obama once said the following:

SUPER PACS ARE NOT ONLY A THREAT TO DEMOCRATS, THEY'RE A THREAT TO OUR DEMOCRACY.

Now if he truly believed that and wasn't just blowing partisan smoke up your collective asses why in the hell would he flip flop and RISK OUR DEMOCRACY being in trouble? And more importantly, why the hell don't you call him on it? Are you also willing to RISK OUR DEMOCRACY just to get him reelected?

Obama's campaign flip-flops on super PACs - YouTube

You do realize he said that before the Citizens United decision?

Do you even know what Citizens United is? Most of my right wing friends don't. Because the media isn't liberal anymore. If it was, they'd know what citizens united was and they'd be outraged too.

And do you agree with citizens united? If you are, then don't cry about Obama taking advantage of it.

You want to fight Obama with one hand tied behind his back.

If you want to talk about us being disappointed with Obama or Clinton, you'll notice its only when they go along with the GOP that we are upset with them. NAFTA, Making cuts to social security and other social programs, going along with war for profit like Joe Lieberman, not ending the bush tax breaks, deregulations, blue dogs siding with the heatlhcare giants and not the citizens who they should be accountable to, etc.

The reason we give the Dems a pass is because they are the lesser of two evils.

If you want to know what I think or know read the fucking thread before piping off half cocked.

What do you think about citizens united? Do you agree with the decision or not? Do you even know what I'm talking about?

You do realize he said that before the Citizens United decision?

Do you even know what Citizens United is? Most of my right wing friends don't. Because the media isn't liberal anymore. If it was, they'd know what citizens united was and they'd be outraged too.

And do you agree with citizens united? If you are, then don't cry about Obama taking advantage of it.

You want to fight Obama with one hand tied behind his back.

If you want to talk about us being disappointed with Obama or Clinton, you'll notice its only when they go along with the GOP that we are upset with them. NAFTA, Making cuts to social security and other social programs, going along with war for profit like Joe Lieberman, not ending the bush tax breaks, deregulations, blue dogs siding with the heatlhcare giants and not the citizens who they should be accountable to, etc.

The reason we give the Dems a pass is because they are the lesser of two evils.

If you want to know what I think or know read the fucking thread before piping off half cocked.

What do you think about citizens united? Do you agree with the decision or not? Do you even know what I'm talking about?

I've made it quite clear in my time here that I believe all this money corrupts our system.

And yes, I'm very familiar with the decision.

He flip flops just as much or more as anyone else. Yet when he does it a readily available excuse it primed to be fired. When a republican does it, its viewed as a lack of backbone or fiber.
I have been an equal opportunity bitcher when I see the gop doing stupid shit. I've had many threads about the mistakes of different gop positions or candidates. Hell, one of you even have my bitching in one of your sigs. The only one I have seen denounce anything Obama has done flat out was Plasmaball. Many of you hint at it but always have an excuse to fall back on.

Most recently is the flip flop that Obama has done with regard to superpacs. And let's be clear how big a flip this really is...

SUPER PACS ARE NOT ONLY A THREAT TO DEMOCRATS, THEY'RE A THREAT TO OUR DEMOCRACY.

Now if he truly believed that and wasn't just blowing partisan smoke up your collective asses why in the hell would he flip flop and RISK OUR DEMOCRACY being in trouble? And more importantly, why the hell don't you call him on it? Are you also willing to RISK OUR DEMOCRACY just to get him reelected?

It's difficult to take this question seriously if you have never given him credit for what he has done right.

It's quite simple. Because they dont hold themselves accountable. As Obama is their choice, it's just an extension of that. If they were to admit flaws in Obama, they would have to admit to themselves that they can be wrong. They can't do that because it will destroy their world view and they are afraid.

But I hope one day they tell themselves the truth. Because the truth is nothing to be afraid of. It's something to rejoice in. The Truth shall set us free. Of course, we might have to go through a bit of misery first. But once we go through it and accept the truth and start being honest with ourselves and with others, we truly will be free. And with the freedom the truth brings, comes true happiness as well.

There is a reason Christ taught us that the Truth will set us free. There is a reason why our Founders loved the truth and worked hard to be virtuous and upright men. Because that is the only true path to happiness and liberty. They are both entwined and cannot be separated.

It's difficult to take this question seriously if you have never given him credit for what he has done right.

We all have. Unfortunately, that's not a long list.

It's quite simple. Because they dont hold themselves accountable. As Obama is their choice, it's just an extension of that. If they were to admit flaws in Obama, they would have to admit to themselves that they can be wrong. They can't do that because it will destroy their world view and they are afraid.

But I hope one day they tell themselves the truth. Because the truth is nothing to be afraid of. It's something to rejoice in. The Truth shall set us free. Of course, we might have to go through a bit of misery first. But once we go through it and accept the truth and start being honest with ourselves and with others, we truly will be free. And with the freedom the truth brings, comes true happiness as well.

There is a reason Christ taught us that the Truth will set us free. There is a reason why our Founders loved the truth and worked hard to be virtuous and upright men. Because that is the only true path to happiness and liberty. They are both entwined and cannot be separated.

If you're such an advocate for the truth, then why do you have this black and white thinking about Obama supporters? Do you honestly think there is no such thing as humble liberals?

When it comes to an admission of being wrong, it isn't the ideology - it is the individual.
There are plenty of conservative members on here that I can't see ever admitting they are wrong - especially the author of this thread.

That is total bullshit.

If you're such an advocate for the truth, then why do you have this black and white thinking about Obama supporters? Do you honestly think there is no such thing as humble liberals?

When it comes to an admission of being wrong, it isn't the ideology - it is the individual.
There are plenty of conservative members on here that I can't see ever admitting they are wrong - especially the author of this thread.

I have no doubt there are humble liberals. I havent seen them on this board though.

I never said conservatives were perfect. Im not partisan like that. In fact, there are alot of conservatives with the same pride.

That is total bullshit.

Not at all.

For example. Im happy the administration approved a new nuclear power plant after 30 years of non-approvals. Not sure what the change was. And im hoping it wont be later denied if he gains reelection. But thats a pretty good move.

But like I said, the list of good things the administration has done is short.

Your vote is yours. Not mine to direct. You either stand for what you believe or you don't. That's your choice to live with not mine.

In other words, your thread is more troll bullshit.

In other words the truth hurts, hence the childish name calling.

Are you retarded enough to believe that a liberal would vote for Romney or Santorum because President Obama isn't perfect?

I believe you are.

Give us another example of Obama flip floping. I can't find any and the one about the super pacs isn't that important to me

If you can't find any others there is only one reason. You don't want to find them so you're not looking. Put on your big boy pants and try harder. I'll give you a couple hints....

Gitmo
Public campaign money only (last election)
Public terrorist trials in new York
Raising the debt ceiling is a sign of failed leadership

Those were easy without any search. If your going to be the newest hack on the board at least get prepared to have your ass handed to you.

You're going to vote for Mitt Romney, so don't try to amuse us with pretending you'll hold him accountable for flip flopping.

This country is soooo screwed right now.
If Obama gets re elected we may never get this fixed.
And when it all shits the bed who will the Libs blame...
Bush and the republicans and the media will support that claim...

What a load of shit.

I've given credit on multiple occasions regarding different things. You guys ignore the positive and focus on the negative. It's what most of you thrive on...controversy.

Give us another example of Obama flip floping. I can't find any and the one about the super pacs isn't that important to me

If you can't find any others there is only one reason. You don't want to find them so you're not looking. Put on your big boy pants and try harder. I'll give you a couple hints....

Gitmo

Those were easy without any search. If your going to be the newest hack on the board at least get prepared to have your ass handed to you.

You're going to vote for Mitt Romney, so don't try to amuse us with pretending you'll hold him accountable for flip flopping.

I have voted third party before and may again if the need arises. The difference between me and you is you feel you have NO CHOICE but to support your party. You chose to ignore their shortcomings and pretend that its all ok because "the other side is worse"
As I mentioned earlier, there are 6 other names on the democratic ballet. I bet you won't even consider them.
And if I do vote for Romney it will be based on the promises he makes. If he breaks them he will lose my support in the end.

Now, go back to blindly following your sheep herder

The political divisions among Americans run very deep, and the left hold some bitter grudges. Namely over Clinton being impeached, and then Bush being chosen over Gore. So from their perspective, after having to endure Bush for 8 years, they just aren't willing to hand that power back over for pretty much any reason. I think some of them are in denial, and others just won't openly voice their disappointments.

Sure we hold Obama accountable

1. Lost his nerve on closing Gitmo
2. Sold out Universal Healthcare and Government option
3. Backed down on ending Bush tax cuts and increasing taxes on the wealthy

What else is there?

How exactly are you holding him accountable beyond your bullshit lip service?

I stopped supporting 2 candidates when I perceived them as crossing the line. What have you done? How many times will Obama betray your values and beliefs before you say enough is enough? Is beating the other side more important than your personally held beliefs?

Your statement implies he has values and beliefs.

That is total bullshit.

Not at all.

For example. Im happy the administration approved a new nuclear power plant after 30 years of non-approvals. Not sure what the change was. And im hoping it wont be later denied if he gains reelection. But thats a pretty good move.

But like I said, the list of good things the administration has done is short.

You are either exaggerating quite a bit, or you are willfully ignorant.

Gitmo

I have voted third party before and may again if the need arises. The difference between me and you is you feel you have NO CHOICE but to support your party. You chose to ignore their shortcomings and pretend that its all ok because "the other side is worse"
As I mentioned earlier, there are 6 other names on the democratic ballet. I bet you won't even consider them.
And if I do vote for Romney it will be based on the promises he makes. If he breaks them he will lose my support in the end.

Now, go back to blindly following your sheep herder

It is "ballot".

If you follow your own advice, you will be unable to support any candidate for any position period. Campaign promises are not statements regarding what a candidate WILL DO. They are statements regarding what a candidate WANTS TO DO. Circumstances and political opposition ( often designed to make the successful candidate appear incompetent or untrustworty ) get in the way of fulfilling many campaign promises.

I know that you are an adult. But this thread is pretty much exposing the fact that you are capable of processing information like a child.

You are holding your schizophrenic inability to vett the GOP field up as some banner of moral superiority. If you were a better judge of a man, and integrity is your prime motivator, you'd have settled on someone already. Someone like Buddy Roemer, for example. Of the four guys left on your list......Paul is the least likely to change his stripes down the road.

By the way.........are you not aware that you have made excuses for the behavior of every one of the candidates that you have expressed support for in the last several months?

In the end, you will stradle the fence come election day. That way, should shit go wrong, you can say "I told you so". You can start a ton of threads like:

"Why won't ______________ admit that they were wrong to support ____________ in 2012?"

It will complete you.

Forum List

Back