If Israel strikes Iran and Iran retaliates, should we intervene?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MolochSolomon, Feb 12, 2012.

1. MolochSolomon

MolochSolomon BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I believe that Israel is underestimating the Iranian army and the backlash of the surrounding regions. If we send troops, we will suffer severe casualties. Enough American troops have died overseas in the middle east. If Israel strikes first, there will not be enough international support for us to go to war with that region.

Although highly unlikely, I was recently in egypt and I believe that the muslim brotherhood's control of the new democracy may push for a Jihad. I would not be surprised if there was a world wide Jihad against Israel. The arab world is frustrated by the Afghanistan and Iraq wars. There is a cauldron of anger brewing.

Ultimately, what I see happening if Israel strikes Iran unprovoked is that Americans won't support more US troops dying. Our own economy and national issues is of bigger importance than "the holy land " .

I believe there is a 90 percent chance of Israel striking. Israel wants to strike before the American elections because then there will be pressure on the candidates' financial backers for the nominees to support Israel.

I believe that this is what the bible speaks of when it says, " all of the nations will come against Israel " . I believe this is pivotal moment in world history. Personally, I don't think Israel is going to survive the onslaught of the arab hoardes. In a true Jihad, we will see North Sudan and Egypt heading towards southern israel, and I believe there will be a catastrophic event that will shift attention away from Israel and towards America like a big earthquake. I believe Iran's army is strong enough to March across Iraq and Afghanistan and pick up soldiers along the way.

If there is a hurricane katrina type event in America, there will be great pressure on the American president to not focus on war. Personally, I believe this will be a giant san francisco / los angeles quake of epic proportions. I believe this quake will draw all of the atttention away from the war, and leave Israel on an Island.

I believe Israel won't be a country in 2013.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZZBdTGJF3s]Israel will not be a country anymore in 2013. - YouTube[/ame]

2. Ed Spacer

Ed Spacer BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +208
    Idiot.israel would wipe them out in three days.unfortunately,they have an even greater capacity than us,tech wise.

3. heathneareast

heathneareast Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i think we can only anticipate so much when it comes to these war games. check out the article called the not so great game to find out what I mean. it is published in World beat of Foreign Policy in Focus

4. CaughtInTheMid

CaughtInTheMid Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +80
    no

5. Rowe

Rowe Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I said for years if Iran wants nukes so badly we should get together and just give them to some.

And quickly.

Mach 6 sounds about right.

6. zzzz

zzzz Just a regular American

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +429
    History has way of repeating.

Six day war. Israel -v- Syria, Jordan and Egypt.

Enough said?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Soggy in NOLA

Soggy in NOLA Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,415
    I hope that retard in the video isn't you...

8. MolochSolomon

MolochSolomon BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Super Retard #1.

9. MikeK

MikeK Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,703
    Compliments on your well presented summary. But it appears you've ignored the very critical element of Israel's nuclear arsenal. I don't know how big it is but I've heard they have three hundred weapons, which I assume is sufficient to annihilate the armies of the entire Arab world.

The problem is using those weapons would incite fearful anger of the rest of the world against Israel as well as contaminating the oil fields of the Middle East. I believe these these factors to be a form of circumstantial blackmail Israel holds over the head of the U.S., thereby forcing us to provide military support in a non-nuclear engagement.

What are your thoughts?

10. PredFan

PredFan Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,619
    Not if it is only Isreal vs Iran.Isreal will kick their asses into next week.

If a bunch of other countries join in then yes, we should.