Question for anyone.

As far as if it can be done I don't know, but it would be utterly insane. If the GOP attempts it, they may as well try and nominate hitlary.

And the Predators are a joke team.

How so?
In every way. From having no team to having no chance. And a good candidate for eventual relocation.

Relocation? What is wrong with where they are? What makes you think any other city is looking to enter the league?
Las Vegas and Quebec city want in. Now you know.

You have the wrong Predators. I don't care about hockey.

Can there be a brokered convention even if one candidate is the clear winner?

Anyone know the answer to this?
If Trump has not won a clear maj of delegates going into the convention, anything is possible. But, unless something changes radically, he'll have this pretty well locked even before the winner take all states. After next Tues, he likely will have at least 300, and it takes only 1237 to win outright.

My understanding is that after the first ballot, pledged delegates are released in a giant game of musical chairs.

There can be someone clearly leading the delegate count and not have enough for the nomination. In fact, there always is

I'm just wondering if the GOP could decide to go with Rubio no matter what Trump wins. It seems that it's at least a possibility.

What Bendog said is correct, or very close to it, 1237 to win. Delegates are required to vote for their delegate on the 1st vote. If he has 1237, he wins. Nothing the GOP can do, without breaking their own laws of nomination, period!

The question isn't will he have the most, as much as is, "can he break 1237!" If he can't, what will they do?

Most of the states right now, are proportional. (win 30%, you get 30% of the delegates) But as we go along, it becomes more of winner take all. I am under the impression that Florida (which is where I am at this moment, very close to Debbie Wasserman Shultz........Hi Debbie) is now winner take all. If that stays the case, then the two states most important to the GOP race is Texas, and Florida. If Cruz can not win Texas or under performs; even if proportional, and Rubio can not win Florida which is winner take all, then Trump has the nomination, because no case can be made to nominate someone who their own state will not support! They know them the best, and trying to spray deodorant on pile of hound pooch poop that the dogs owners don't even want, is not going to happen.

P.S. I think the magic number is slightly over 1240, but not 100% sure.

Democrat or Republican? One party has actual rules and delegates -- the other one is under the thumb of Sgt Debbie.W. Shultz and the "king makers"..

For a Republican convention, if a candidate has the necessary delegates on the FIRST VOTE -- there is no brokered convention.

With D.W.Shultz -- you flip a coin, draw a card, send in a few more "SUPER" delegates..

Democrat or Republican? One party has actual rules and delegates -- the other one is under the thumb of Sgt Debbie.W. Shultz and the "king makers"..

For a Republican convention, if a candidate has the necessary delegates on the FIRST VOTE -- there is no brokered convention.

With D.W.Shultz -- you flip a coin, draw a card, send in a few more "SUPER" delegates..

Lol, I was wondering if the GOP could stop Trump at the convention.

Lol, I was wondering if the GOP could stop Trump at the convention.

They could force some kind of catastrophe to Trump Enterprises. Force him to jet off to Fire some folks..

The guy has NEVER BEEN ASKED how he's gonna ignore his Multi-Million business for 4 years. Guaranteed if things go badly wrong at corporate -- The Donald is gonna cancel his Presidential day to go fix it..

One thing that COULD go wrong is that delegates are pledged to the candidate for the first vote. But there's no LEGALITY attached to that pledge. (not to my knowledge) -- and they have to SHOW UP.. So you can get into fights in a state delegation about how you replace them or trying to remove pledged delegates that are not seen as "loyal enough"..

Read this ---- Chaos on the Convention Floor as RNC Blocks Ron Paul Delegates, Alters Seating Rules | Democracy Now!

RNC stripped delegates from Ron Paul to prevent his name from going into Nomination.. So that Romney would be completely unchallenged in the 1st round vote. For "appearances".. They don't often pull that shit..

Forum List

Back