Question about human cloning and could your clone be the opposite gender?

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Question about human cloning....

3 Signs You Started as a Girl!

"We all start as a generic embryo. You have a set of male or female sex chromosomes, but the distinction doesn’t kick in until your hormones enter the picture, he explains. Without hormones like testosterone, you would stay on the path to womanhood."

Question: couldn't we use gene slicing(therapy) to to fix the chromosomes so your clone remained female and developed to adulthood that way.

One day we might be able to download your memories, thoughts and mind into this body when you're old and dying and I believe you could choose whether to be your current gender or the other in your new life....Do you agree? Or maybe a complete brain transplant into the new body if and when that becomes possible if mind uploading doesn't become a reality...

One we can clone
Two we're advancing in gene therapy and slicing...

I think it is possible. Very possible and interesting futurist topic.

• Banned
Matthew, what is it with all of these transgender freakazoid threads you have been starting lately?

Are you trying to tell us something?? .... :dunno:

I think it is possible to
1. To clone yourself
2. Choose the gender of your clone
3. Download or transplant your mind(brain) into the clone.
4. Live as long as you wish...

I don't see what is wrong with being either gender...

Matthew, what is it with all of these transgender freakazoid threads you have been starting lately?

It seems that whatever grip Matthew may ever have had on reality, he has recently lost it completely. His posts have always been rather off-the-rails, in this general direction, but in recent moths, they have gone much further off than before. I have to wonder whether he has stopped taking some medication that was previously serving to reign in his madness, or whether he has started taking new drugs that he wasn't before, that have greatly aggravated it.

It seems that whatever grip Matthew may ever have had on reality, he has recently lost it completely. His posts have always been rather off-the-rails, in this general direction, but in recent moths, they have gone much further off than before. I have to wonder whether he has stopped taking some medication that was previously serving to reign in his madness, or whether he has started taking new drugs that he wasn't before, that have greatly aggravated it.
From all the weirdos and sick ones that post on here my mind didn't go nice places when I read that, "could your clone be the opposite gender?"

• Banned

From all the weirdos and sick ones that post on here my mind didn't go nice places when I read that, "could your clone be the opposite gender?"

Taliban like mindset you have....

I believe strongly that the clone certainly could be developed as the opposite gender...China will probably do it within the next decade.

The good thing about this is one could choose to be the real thing instead of playing makeup...

"We all start as a generic embryo. You have a set of male or female sex chromosomes, but the distinction doesn’t kick in until your hormones enter the picture, he explains. Without hormones like testosterone, you would stay on the path to womanhood."

Question: couldn't we use gene slicing(therapy) to to fix the chromosomes so your clone remained female and developed to adulthood that way.

It would certainly add new meaning to the phrase "Go fuck yerself!"

After 75 years or longer being one gender then changing can't be easy. Regardless of what the loonies want us to believe men and women are wired differently.

Taliban like mindset you have....

I believe strongly that the clone certainly could be developed as the opposite gender...China will probably do it within the next decade.

The good thing about this is one could choose to be the real thing instead of playing makeup...
I just figure you was taking someone serious that told you 'GFY' and possibly a clone may make that more convenient for ya.

I don't care what China is doing they will pay for their own crimes against humanity. I do have a lil' itsy bitsy voice here though and I do not approve of cloning lives.

I doubt normal anti-aging will ever have such abilities as we maybe able to stop the aging process but the scale of the process is far too vast once it occurs(Trillions of molecules, cells, etc). Stopping it from occurring is what is important.

I doubt normal anti-aging will ever have such abilities as we maybe able to stop the aging process but the scale of the process is far too vast once it occurs(Trillions of molecules, cells, etc). Stopping it from occurring is what is important.
People are design to grow old and pass on. Its part of the process of life. What you can do is work to make that quality of life better through science if it is used in proper context.

1. To clone yourself

This is of course hypothetical, but if you cloned yourself why would you choose the opposite gender to yourself, what would the point of that be exactly?

1. To clone yourself

This is of course hypothetical, but if you cloned yourself why would you choose the opposite gender to yourself, what would the point of that be exactly?

All about having the choice....That is the point. ;)

Matthew used to be just an odd duck, but basically harmless, always posting about education, science, and infrastructure.

Now he has gotten kinda creepy with all of this transgender stuff he keeps talking about. ..... :eek-52:

One day we might be able to download your memories, thoughts and mind into this body when you're old and dying and I believe you could choose whether to be your current gender or the other in your new life....Do you agree? Or maybe a complete brain transplant into the new body if and when that becomes possible if mind uploading doesn't become a reality...

One we can clone

What if you could clone your self into the future as a T Rex?

I'm guessing that that is the only way that Matthew now imagines he will ever have any hope of ever getting laid—to create a female clone of himself, and hope that that clone won't find him nearly as creepy, repulsive, and undesirable as every woman who's ever had the misfortune of meeting him has.

One we can clone

What if you could clone your self into the future as a T Rex?

I wouldn't want to be a t.rex but maybe that could also be possible. remember, choices....Choices are good! If we're going to have such tech why not?

One we can clone

by definition no
a clone is an exact genetic duplicate

One we can clone

I'd fuck me.

Forum List

Back