Cannabis reverses aging processes in the brain

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
May 8, 2017

Prof. Dr. Andreas Zimmer (left) and the North Rhine-Westphalia science minister Svenja Schulze (center) are in the lab of the Institute of Molecular Psychiatry at University of Bonn. Credit: © Volker Lannert/Uni Bonn
Memory performance decreases with increasing age. Cannabis can reverse these ageing processes in the brain. This was shown in mice by scientists at the University of Bonn with their colleagues at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem (Israel). Old animals were able to regress to the state of two-month-old mice with a prolonged low-dose treatment with a cannabis active ingredient. This opens up new options, for instance, when it comes to treating dementia. The results are now presented in the journal Nature Medicine.

Read more at: Cannabis reverses aging processes in the brain

No wonder Trump is going after it!

May 8, 2017

Prof. Dr. Andreas Zimmer (left) and the North Rhine-Westphalia science minister Svenja Schulze (center) are in the lab of the Institute of Molecular Psychiatry at University of Bonn. Credit: © Volker Lannert/Uni Bonn
Memory performance decreases with increasing age. Cannabis can reverse these ageing processes in the brain. This was shown in mice by scientists at the University of Bonn with their colleagues at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem (Israel). Old animals were able to regress to the state of two-month-old mice with a prolonged low-dose treatment with a cannabis active ingredient. This opens up new options, for instance, when it comes to treating dementia. The results are now presented in the journal Nature Medicine.

We know why they're giggling, eh?

Probably because your brain will eventually act like you lost a chromosome.. Lol..
I am all for legalizing pot but I cant believe this shit.

Can't do real research here on cannabis, by law, on accounta we're all free and shit.

Probably because your brain will eventually act like you lost a chromosome.. Lol..

"your brain will eventually act like you lost a chromosome"

Yeah well, you won't mind of folks get a second opinion given your "grasp" of molecular biology will ya?

Yeah well, you won't mind of folks get a second opinion given your "grasp" of molecular biology will ya?
You seriously need some happiness in your life. You are dreadful.

Because you have no concept of shyte you spew?

Good- It needs to be researched on all kind of possibles. Which I guess is illegal here because it's schedule I. STUPID GOP (mainly) war on drugs...
How Cannabinoids May Slow Brain Aging | TIME.com
healthland.time.com/2012/10/29/how-cannabinoids-may-slow-brain-aging/
Oct 29, 2012 - ... may hold promise for preventing— or even reversing— brain aging ... of the diseaseprocesses responsible for degenerative brain diseases ...
Cannabis can reverse aging processes in... - Rheinische Friedrich ...
Cannabis can reverse aging processes in the brain - at least in mice. Researchers of the University of Bonn and their colleagues of the Hebrew University...
Study: Marijuana Reverses Aging Processes in the Brain | eCannabis ...
Study: Marijuana Reverses Aging Processes in the Brain
Memory performance decreases with age. Marijuana can reverse these aging processes in the brain, according to a new study published in the journal Nature ...
Marijuana slows brain degradation and aging, reverses dementia
www.newstarget.com/2016-11-18-marijuana-slows-brain-degradation-and-aging-reve...
Nov 18, 2016 - Marijuana slows brain degradation and aging, reverses dementia ... by cannabis in order to speed up the inevitable process of widespread ...

Because you have no concept of shyte you spew?
I was just trying to be funny. Seriously, get a jet ski. Or get laid. Something.
And for god sakes, don't bring up intelligence with me. 3/4 of the actual substance you post is copy/paste. If you aint doing that, you are acting like a corn cob is rotting in your ass or you are blasting our country while at the same time, wanting to take away defense against the people you think hate you.

Always the first reaction of GOPers on science. Now waiting for marching orders...lol
Dude, there are tens of thousands of studies on this. You pick out and believe what you want to believe. I call people like that dupes, ironically.
I smoke and want it legal. Honestly, I wouldn't care if they legalized everything. I don't think the federal govt has the authority to ban a flower. Not to mention the unconstitutional DEA and the "war on drugs" bullshit.
Take your hack bullshit and shove it :thup:

Always the first reaction of GOPers on science. Now waiting for marching orders...lol
Dude, there are tens of thousands of studies on this. You pick out and believe what you want to believe. I call people like that dupes, ironically.
I smoke and want it legal. Honestly, I wouldn't care if they legalized everything. I don't think the federal govt has the authority to ban a flower. Not to mention the unconstitutional DEA and the "war on drugs" bullshit.
Remain calm. lol. So there is one area you disagree with BS GOP propaganda. Good man. There is hope. Still, why don't you believe it? We just keep discovering more and more good about it- despite tiny levels of research... Now if they would discover a test for how stoned one is for DUI-Marijuana- because that is a travesty. It's a DUI balance test with no actual test for level of stoniness.

May 8, 2017

Don't Bogart that Marley then! "Hey brah, I have a matchbox full of pinners here somewhere help me find it."

The look on Spicoli's face at the end of this is gnarley!

And no, there aren't many studies- it's pretty much illegal to do so. Thanks GOP. And dupes.

Remain calm. lol. So there is one area you disagree with BS GOP propaganda. Good man. There is hope. Still, why don't you believe it? We just keep discovering more and more good about it- despite tiny levels of research... Now if they would discover a test for how stoned one is for DUI-Marijuana- because that is a travesty. It's a DUI balance test with no actual test for level of stoniness.
There are a lot of areas I don't agree with. The republican party is a bunch of bullshit.
And don't call me a repub. How about I call you one?
I just don't believe pot makes a brain younger. Its more from personal experience, really. I read a report a couple years ago that pot doesn't kill brain cells. All it does is envelope cells with some type of mucus. If I apply that logic, how could I believe it makes a brain younger?
There is no telling what pot actually does because it is so politicized.
You cant believe everything scientists and the government tell you.

Take it from me/ You want to sit around with a tube up your nose because you have no lungs left then go for it. You want me to pay for it? Get a job.

And no, there aren't many studies- it's pretty much illegal to do so. Thanks GOP. And dupes.
There are MANY studies. Look outside of America.

Forum List

Back