Quentin Tarantino threatened by police unions

Stop trying to make people think Tarantino's first amendment rights are being taken away. That's bullshit.
Is that what you think I am trying to do,make people think Tarantino's first amendment rights are being taken away? First of all, his rights can only be taken away under due process if he is convicted of a crime so your straw fiction fails. Surely you can't be ignorant enough to believe
the FOP could take his rights away...er... can you???
I know his first amendment rights can't be taken away by the FOP but your comments seem to be suggesting that is their aim.

I guess we are lucky in our neck of the woods. We love our Sheriffs department. Town next to us love their city police. Town the other way loves their police AND chp.

Yeah I think you are lucky. That seems to be a vanishing resource. Long as you're not in Carlsbad.....

J05elEq.gif

I heard what he said at that rally. He simply told the truth when he was at the podium. You can't really criticize him for that. Sure, those who suck pig dick might object to it, but they are ignorant of the truth. It's almost like they think that a badge is some fantastic magical talisman that prevents anyone who possesses it from committing any crimes.

Fucking idiots.

When Tarantino was at the podium at the rally he spoke the truth. There is a real problem regarding police brutality in the USA. Anyone who can't acknowledge that is a willfullly ignorant simpleton.

When Tarantino later speculated the police brutality problem was caused by "white supremacy" he went way off the deep end into delusional left-wing stupidland.

Stop trying to make people think Tarantino's first amendment rights are being taken away. That's bullshit.

You're right, it's just a government entity punishing someone for their speech.
Are unions a branch of government?
I know it's a union of government employees, but does that make it a government entity?

You're right, it's just a government entity punishing someone for their speech.
You mean like the "Obama truth squad" during the 2008 campaign, threatening to bring charges against people if they didn't tell the truth about him? No, this is much different. This is about the cops boycotting Tarantino's movies. Big difference.

I heard what he said at that rally. He simply told the truth when he was at the podium. You can't really criticize him for that. Sure, those who suck pig dick might object to it, but they are ignorant of the truth. It's almost like they think that a badge is some fantastic magical talisman that prevents anyone who possesses it from committing any crimes.

Fucking idiots.

When Tarantino was at the podium at the rally he spoke the truth. There is a real problem regarding police brutality in the USA. Anyone who can't acknowledge that is a willfullly ignorant simpleton.

When Tarantino later speculated the police brutality problem was caused by "white supremacy" he went way off the deep end into delusional left-wing stupidland.

Not familiar with the speech but it's pretty clear the übermilitarization of police isn't a "white supremacy" thing --- it's a "police supremacy" thing. Which is arguably even worse.

Is that what you think I am trying to do,make people think Tarantino's first amendment rights are being taken away? First of all, his rights can only be taken away under due process if he is convicted of a crime so your straw fiction fails. Surely you can't be ignorant enough to believe

Nobody take his rights away ...Wtf are you taking about? He's a public figure ,he says stupid things, he should pay the price for it. I hope his movie looses money
Another reading comprehension challenged idiot has entered the arena...hang on folks.
Read the part about rights again and come on back!

I guess Tarantino could be a celebrity based on his success as a big time movie director but that doesn't diminsh his right to free speech; especially when he spoke the truth. His rant wasn't an indictment of ALL police persons and he clarified that. Just because the police union heads took it that way shows how resentful they are of anyone who attacks even the WORST of the "finest."
See how they decided to go after Tarantino instead of joining him in helping weed out the good cops from the bad.

I know his first amendment rights can't be taken away by the FOP but your comments seem to be suggesting that is their aim.

The F.O.P unions can't take his rights away but they seem to imply that they will do something to SUPPRESS his right to free speech through intimidation. That is illegal no matter WHO does it.

Forum List

Back